Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Contam in Agar alt.
    #3552407 -

Hey people,

I made a 200CC jar with the doc34 agar alternative. Its based on BRF after 2 weeks of growth I today discoverd a contam mold in the jar.

How to treat it? Cut it out and/or spray everything with 3% H2O2?

Could not find it by the search... :frown:

Any help would be appreciated....


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Contam in Agar alt. [Re: MushroomFriend]
    #3552466 -

Is this like a small cake in a jar that you are going to use for GtoG transfers or to make some liquid innoculant? If it is perhaps you could remove it from the jar cut out the mold and dip in a solution of 1 tablespoon of bleach per gallon of water for about 30 minutes. I wouldn't go any stronger for fear of damaging the myc. No guarantees, and it might just be best to start over. Whatever you choose good luck with it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Contam in Agar alt. [Re: MushroomFriend]
    #3552903 -

Its just myc on the bottom of a half a pint jar, like a tall petri dish.
The myc is maybe 1/4 inch at thickest on some spots.

And yes I wanna make liquid inoculant with it.

Could I use 3% H2O2 in stead?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Contam in Agar alt. [Re: MushroomFriend]
    #3552955 -

Quickly remove a clean patch of myc & transfer to a new plate, or jar. Once mold sporulates, you are SOL.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Contam in Agar alt. [Re: MushroomFriend]
    #3553022 -

Ok I am out !!

SOL ehmm Screwed On ... ?

>>> i am in teh bathroom now :wink:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Contam in Agar alt. [Re: MushroomFriend]
    #3553125 -

Back!

Actually now I did not see any blue or green, the spots I thought were mold were just looking coloured from teh outside by light effects I think. It smelled just like when I birth a cake! Me happy! :laugh:

But I am curious. I transferred some rizzo looking and cotton looking myc into the lme-dextrose liquid.

We will see, ow if its gonna work out then I am even more glad!
!!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Yeast contamed straw casing thinking H2o2 dunk Gr0wer 1,529 3 06/09/04 03:25 AM
by MAIA
* saving contammed agar jar ohmatic 945 2 01/07/05 09:35 AM
by ohmatic
* Contam life supply dobinky 739 3 01/03/05 10:20 AM
by dobinky
* Contam free MEA upupup 1,619 3 12/12/02 12:28 PM
by upupup
* Contam Sandwich Agar Technique... ATWAR 6,310 8 06/29/04 07:52 PM
by ATWAR
* h2o2 effect... cookiewhore 1,092 1 03/03/02 05:54 PM
by Karen
* MEA CONTAM ThatDaltonGuy 1,041 1 04/12/04 04:35 AM
by MAIA
* h2o2 alt. to PC? Zero7a1 891 3 11/20/02 05:37 AM
by MAIA

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,833 topic views. 17 members, 173 guests and 112 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 16 queries.