Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: THE OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN MUSHROOM THREAD 2019!!!! [Re: Mushroomson]
    #26022138 -

I should add that I think they are best taken as a tea. I once ate these dried and 3 hours in experienced total paralysis on my left side. My left leg and arm totally stopped working for several hours. The next day I lost the use of both hands for several hours.

Boiling them into tea has never been a problem for me.


--------------------
------------------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: THE OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN MUSHROOM THREAD 2019!!!! [Re: Mushroomson]
    #26022148 -

That sounds pretty wild. What level trip would you say 1.5g dried would get you to?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: THE OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN MUSHROOM THREAD 2019!!!! [Re: turkydust]
    #26022151 -

1.5g should be very manageable. It usually would be for me. Your mileage may vary but that dose should be in the tame end of the spectrum.


--------------------
------------------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: THE OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN MUSHROOM THREAD 2019!!!! [Re: Mushroomson]
    #26022170 -

Mushroomson said:
I should add that I think they are best taken as a tea. I once ate these dried and 3 hours in experienced total paralysis on my left side. My left leg and arm totally stopped working for several hours. The next day I lost the use of both hands for several hours.

Boiling them into tea has never been a problem for me.



Sounds like woodlovers paralysis, Stamets talked about it, were the caps really black?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: THE OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN MUSHROOM THREAD 2019!!!! [Re: WeBeTrippyMane]
    #26022176 -

Is ''letting'' go and ''lettuce'' related?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: THE OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN MUSHROOM THREAD 2019!!!! [Re: WeBeTrippyMane]
    #26022181 -

WeBeTrippyMane said:
Mushroomson said:
I should add that I think they are best taken as a tea. I once ate these dried and 3 hours in experienced total paralysis on my left side. My left leg and arm totally stopped working for several hours. The next day I lost the use of both hands for several hours.

Boiling them into tea has never been a problem for me.



Sounds like woodlovers paralysis, Stamets talked about it, were the caps really black?



No the caps all looked fine. It was definitely the "woodlovers paralysis" Stamets talks about.

My theory is that because the seco type mushrooms often have closed caps, molds can grow inside the cap, especially if the sun is hitting them and those molds can be toxic.

Boil your shrooms into tea before consuming.


--------------------
------------------------------

Edited by Mushroomson (05/30/19 05:22 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: THE OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN MUSHROOM THREAD 2019!!!! [Re: Blazer420]
    #26022209 -

Am I? Thought I'd be more remembered for getting snapped and slapped by the side of the motorway. The enquirer was asking about some old photos, but the old rules hold true, by and large.

So,nah. Sorry if that disappoints. Wasn't me. Haven't had to go further than my doorstep for years. But ever since I was around the bender age of 15 years, I've been a bit of a Xenny Mushy Spore. As such I have devised a maxim for all future generations - Spring seedlings up - Autumn eyes down. If anybody's listening, no need to credit me.
Basically just keep my eyes peeled and pointed at the ground. Turns out looking at the ground in front of oneself is not a significantly dangerous practice.  Probably quite the opposite. And can be rather fruitful in this particular endeavor.
-=> x <=-

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: THE OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN MUSHROOM THREAD 2019!!!! [Re: RebeccaBlack]
    #26022220 -

Hmmm...  Spring seedlings up, Autumn eyes down.  Words to live by!

Paralysis freaks me out, man!
Fortunately I haven't experienced it, it would put me right off. However, I often get a cramp in my right calf muscle when i trip on shrooms; applying heat or a hot shower sorts it out...
Anyone else?

By they way, I've done some testing with tripping on blackened shrooms. It was fine for me- i actually experienced less gut discomfort than normal in my 2 tests of 1g & 1.5g black subs. Note:  they were crispy dry- i wouldn't eat them fresh. My assumption is that any bacteria eating the shrooms will be completely dead & harmless to consume if 100% dry.  Note: the common advice is DONT EAT the black ones.  Only a crazy person would disregard.  :crazy2:
Also: when grinding up my crispy black shrooms; i noted that it was only the very outer layer that was black. Underneath the thin layer of black: nice dried fungus flesh.

Anyway: the season! Found a new patch yesterday- yay! (Always nice) Here is some small fresh ones:

So lovely when they're fresh!


--------------------
How thrilling it is to hunt psilocybes!                                                                            ... and how beautiful the finds!  :sun:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: THE OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN MUSHROOM THREAD 2019!!!! [Re: mudpuppy]
    #26022231 -

mudpuppy said:
Hmmm...  Spring seedlings up, Autumn eyes down.  Words to live by!

Paralysis freaks me out, man!
Fortunately I haven't experienced it, it would put me right off. However, I often get a cramp in my right calf muscle when i trip on shrooms; applying heat or a hot shower sorts it out...
Anyone else?

By they way, I've done some testing with tripping on blackened shrooms. It was fine for me- i actually experienced less gut discomfort than normal in my 2 tests of 1g & 1.5g black subs. Note:  they were crispy dry- i wouldn't eat them fresh. My assumption is that any bacteria eating the shrooms will be completely dead & harmless to consume if 100% dry.  Note: the common advice is DONT EAT the black ones.  Only a crazy person would disregard.  :crazy2:
Also: when grinding up my crispy black shrooms; i noted that it was only the very outer layer that was black. Underneath the thin layer of black: nice dried fungus flesh.

Anyway: the season! Found a new patch yesterday- yay! (Always nice) Here is some small fresh ones:

So lovely when they're fresh!



Personally, if the dried shroom is an open cap sub or similar in mint condition I will happily quaff it dried and chew it down and it's mates and take the consequences.

If the shrooms I intend to ingest are manky or a mix of sweet and not so sweet they all go into the pot for a tea.

If a shroom is obviously past it's best I chuck it out.

If the shrooms are seco/pouch fungi they are all going into the "tea pot"


--------------------
------------------------------

Edited by Mushroomson (05/30/19 06:13 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: THE OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN MUSHROOM THREAD 2019!!!! [Re: Mushroomson]
    #26022252 -

Coffee plunger, boil jug, break shrooms into pieces, bits in plunger, pour boiling water, 1 min wait, serve. . .

Use as little water as possible. Rinse if you really must though you got it all first time.
  :trippinbawelz:


--------------------
The Official Kiwi Cultivators Thread

Official New Zealand woodlovers grow thread

–––––    ╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮    –––––
The Official Kiwi DMT and MAOI Thread

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: THE OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN MUSHROOM THREAD 2019!!!! [Re: Bobbit]
    #26022287 -

Bobbit said:
Coffee plunger, boil jug, break shrooms into pieces, bits in plunger, pour boiling water, 1 min wait, serve. . .

Use as little water as possible. Rinse if you really must though you got it all first time.
  :trippinbawelz:



I will give this a go.


--------------------
------------------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: THE OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN MUSHROOM THREAD 2019!!!! [Re: Bobbit]
    #26022441 -

Bobbit said:
Coffee plunger, boil jug, break shrooms into pieces, bits in plunger, pour boiling water, 1 min wait, serve. . .

Use as little water as possible. Rinse if you really must though you got it all first time.
  :trippinbawelz:



I personally simmer mine gently on the stove for ~10 mins in about a cup of water. Seems to work pretty well!


--------------------
The Official Kiwi Cultivators Thread - for those of us looking for New Zealand-specific assistance!

Check my journal for my attempts at growing mushrooms!

"Don't accept that what's happening
Is just a case of others' suffering
Or you'll find that you're joining in
The turning away"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: THE OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN MUSHROOM THREAD 2019!!!! [Re: Dunedinite]
    #26023206 -

Ya don't need the simmer, and you can get your dose down to a shot glass.

Much easier to swallow IMO.

Make sure you use the appropriate size plunger (french press for the USA) as you want to be able to squeeze the tissue with the plunger. Chuck in a berry herbal tea bag and goodbye mushy taste.

Berry shots of madness.


--------------------
The Official Kiwi Cultivators Thread

Official New Zealand woodlovers grow thread

–––––    ╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮    –––––
The Official Kiwi DMT and MAOI Thread

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: THE OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN MUSHROOM THREAD 2019!!!! [Re: Dunedinite]
    #26023221 -

We had a couple of thunderstorms last night....I've read that they can help double some mushroom crops...has anyone noticed this?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: THE OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN MUSHROOM THREAD 2019!!!! [Re: NZ4ME]
    #26023238 -

NZ4ME said:
We had a couple of thunderstorms last night....I've read that they can help double some mushroom crops...has anyone noticed this?



I've witnessed at one of my spots going from 0 growth to essentially fully mature specimens in 2-3 days with thunderstorms and other good weather criteria.

I'm not sure how much only one night would benefit you, but anything is possible with mother nature.

Happy Hunting


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: THE OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN MUSHROOM THREAD 2019!!!! [Re: OhioTrekk]
    #26023593 -

I find the best way to consume subs etc is: cracker dry in food dehydrator, mortar and pestle down to a fine powder, mix powder (I usually dose 2 grams) into half a cup of just juice orange and mango and down the hatch.
I find that you can't taste the shrooms at all and onset takes around 30-45mins.
10 years ago i stopped making tea as I find that your trip levels fresh are far less accurate than dried, I guess dried gives them a good average of toxicity over fresh.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: THE OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN MUSHROOM THREAD 2019!!!! [Re: Zealandia]
    #26023606 -

I chop them up fresh or dry, put them into a pot with some lemon juice and a bit of water, simmer for 15 min put some coffee in wallah

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: THE OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN MUSHROOM THREAD 2019!!!! [Re: benjarmin]
    #26023880 -

Oh my gosh guys I found one today!! I spent hours looking at small clusters around the local park, and on my way home I found a couple like 50m from my house!! I will keep an eye on them and hopefully more grow around them. There were only two but should I take one and get a sport print?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: THE OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN MUSHROOM THREAD 2019!!!! [Re: Bobbit]
    #26023898 -

Pnth said:
I find that you can't taste the shrooms at all



Bobbit said:
goodbye mushy taste.



Am I the only one who likes the taste? The way I do it, the tea tastes like watery mushroom soup. I've always wanted to make some special soup with them before hahaha.

Rotten ones actually smell rank asf tho.


--------------------
The Official Kiwi Cultivators Thread - for those of us looking for New Zealand-specific assistance!

Check my journal for my attempts at growing mushrooms!

"Don't accept that what's happening
Is just a case of others' suffering
Or you'll find that you're joining in
The turning away"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: THE OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN MUSHROOM THREAD 2019!!!! [Re: Dunedinite]
    #26023947 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | | Last >

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* "OFFICIAL NEW ZEALAND PSILOCYBIN SEASON 2021 (NO ID REQUESTS)"
( 1 2 3 4 ... 86 87 )
sam11 82,947 1,732 09/29/22 01:30 PM
by Brakenfern
* Hunting New York Psilocybin Mushrooms? Holmz 70,012 10 06/11/16 10:04 AM
by Blazeyy
* Re: Psilocybin Mushrooms in Japan Springbok 5,929 1 04/20/01 11:20 AM
by mjshroomer
* Psilocybin mushrooms in midwest(missouri,kansas,ne redenfat 52,673 1 06/15/02 06:46 AM
by Anno
* Psilocybin Mushrooms in NC MagicPsilocybin 5,285 2 10/27/02 09:07 PM
by Gumby
* Magic Mushrooms in Mississippi: Part Two mjshroomer 26,671 5 01/28/12 01:16 AM
by koraks
* Re: picking fresh psilocybin bearing mushrooms in the state of florida is not illegal
( 1 2 all )
The Mule 11,615 22 04/30/00 08:30 PM
by NonFunctional
* Re: Alaska Mushrooms Anonymous 4,815 6 04/04/00 07:23 AM
by Anonymous

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
69,515 topic views. 0 members, 17 guests and 94 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.041 seconds spending 0.014 seconds on 18 queries.