Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineyewhew
Dead in Eternity

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Tripping in a Lucid Dream with 5-HTP
    #2243912 - 01/15/04 11:45 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

i've been taking 5-htp lately to help me sleep and the night i took it for the second time i had my first lucid dream in over 2 months. naturally i suspected that the 5-htp helped induce my lucid dream, so i searched the net and found that 5-htp actually does help lucid dreaming because it helps the brain produce serotonin while sleeping and this is when you dream. anyway, i was wondering if anyone here that gets lucid often when dreaming has ever tried taking shrooms or any other psychedelics and/or hallucinogens while in the lucid dream itself. i know this sounds crazy, but i really want to try it next time i have a lucid dream.. it sounds like mad fun  :nut:

post ur comments as well as anything u know about 5-htp and its effects on lucid dreams.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
Re: Tripping in a Lucid Dream with 5-HTP [Re: yewhew]
    #2244046 - 01/15/04 12:36 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

How much 5-HTP did you take? I took some last night and it gave me some cool dreams, didn't go lucid though. Only time I've been lucid was when i took some xanax the night before, but it only happened a few times. I haven't tripped in a lucid dream, but I've tripped in dreams before, it was crazy. Next time you do have a lucid dream give it a try, I mihgt, after im done fucking some chicks heh.

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

OfflineWysefool
I AM SKELETON JELLY
Male User Gallery
    #2244756 - 01/15/04 05:40 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I had a dream once where I took acid and saw all these crazy patterns and stuff. It's cool because in your dream you can take like 1 hit and you'll hallucinate more than in real life.

--------------------
]

Offlinemy_ankle_hurts
Stranger
    #2244925 - 01/15/04 08:33 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

just last night i had a dream where i was tripping. i was at my friends house, and i looked at myself in the bathroom mirror, and my head grew huge, and my face looked all funny (sortof like the lady behind the hotel counter in fear and loathing in las vegas). right after i left the bathroom i woke up. this also happened a few weeks ago, because i was reading the shroomery right before bed, so i had a dream that i was sitting in my living room and everything was just breathing, then i went on my deck to smoke pot, then all the sudden a space ship crashed into my neighbor's house. i love dreams like that.

InvisibleOsker246
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: Tripping in a Lucid Dream with 5-HTP [Re: Wysefool]
    #2245378 - 01/16/04 01:03 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

before I tried acid I've also had dream where I was at a friends house where one of my friends shows up with a vile of acid and of course he gave me hits for free, cuz we all know no dream where acid is involved and isnt free isnt a good dream. After taking the hits in my dream I remember me walkin outside on a sunny day. I saw beautiful colors in the air and the plants were alive and blooming. I felt like I was in the rainforest on a sunnyday. The best part of my dream was when I looked up to the sun...the sun was wearing sunglasses and smiling at me! Just like in the cartoons. I thought it was the coolest thing ever. I just thought I would share my dream with you guys since some of you did.

OfflineHidingInPlainSight
Male User Gallery
Loc: Oklahoma City , OK, USA
    #2245673 - 01/16/04 07:15 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I actually had a dream one time of taking LSA and actually "tripped" in the dream.

Edit: Last night I actually had a dream of harvesting some P. Somniferum pods.  :grin:

It was quite interesting.

Edited by HidingInPlainSight (01/16/04 07:33 AM)

Offlinebeam
Re: Tripping in a Lucid Dream with 5-HTP [Re: HidingInPlainSight]
    #2249811 - 01/18/04 02:45 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I havn't intentionally taken psychedelics in lucid dreams but i did one time see my wall squash and stretch a damn lot. I'm going to have to try taking drugs in my lucid dreams.

Offlinelowercase
Drifter

#2578659 - 04/19/04 04:11 PM (20 years, 1 day ago)

i've taken 5-htp for a while, but it really didn't do much for me. I just use it to combat the hangover from an E trip.

--------------------
That is not dead which can eternal lie;
And with strange aeons even death may die.

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
    #2578727 - 04/19/04 04:27 PM (20 years, 1 day ago)

I've tripped acid, shrooms, and some kind of cactus in dreams... amazing experiences.

Also smoked opium that was just relaxing and dragon-like (hey it was in a dream, ok?!)

Also after reading some line from William S Burroughs about a dream he had that he was a clorophyl addict I had a very similar dream... as he puts it "we were turning into plants"

Dreams are great.. i'm gonna go to sleep right now!

--------------------

Offlinehaunted
 User Gallery

#2592339 - 04/22/04 07:37 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

After mushroom season last year almost every night one of my normal dreams would turn into a mushie hunt (where of course I would find heaps of nice, potent and crazy shrooms), and then a mushie trip. These dreams were great, and very lucid.

I have been taking 5-HTP for a while now and my dreams are no more lucid than usual - I do get the occasional cool lucid dream. The thing that I fond brought them on the most for me was keeping a dream diary. It makes for amusing reading in the morning and it also helps you recognise when you are dreaming.

Once I got drunk in a dream. It wasn't so fun - I just staggered around and couldn't really see properly. Actually having a lucid dream where you are drunk is alot like being on a high dose of DXM  :biggrin:

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

#2595963 - 04/23/04 06:57 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I had a dream where I was tripping on mushrooms, but like dreams tend to do, the plotline started after I had taken the shrooms. I was washing my hands and looked down at the tile, and it started to light up in odd places, which is the first alteration of vision I notice with mushrooms. I thought to myself, holy shit i'm about to trip really hard, but I didn't eat mushrooms, what the hell. I got a bit worried that I was losing my mind, because randomly starting to trip isn't the most comforting experience. I woke up before the trip got too intense, then intantly tried to fall back into it with no avail.

--------------------

Offlinetallmonkey
Orgoknight
Male

#2596125 - 04/23/04 07:59 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Umm what do you mean lucid? and how do you take a drug while your tripping?

OfflineThe_Hobbit
Bilbo Baggins
 User Gallery

Loc: The Shire
Re: Tripping in a Lucid Dream with 5-HTP [Re: tallmonkey]
    #2600118 - 04/25/04 04:28 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Lucid dreams are dreams where you control what you're doing because you know you're dreaming.

I rarely remember my dreams, and when I do they aren't lucid at all. Most of the time, I do what I would do in real life. You guys are really lucky. :frown:

--------------------
Smoking my hobbit leaf...
Please keep in mind that I am just a human being. Please read my posts carefully and interpret their meaning for yourself.

Offlinedmtsmokingman
Stranger

Re: Tripping in a Lucid Dream with 5-HTP [Re: Noviseer]
    #3560467 - 12/30/04 05:33 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

i have had many intense dreams,one was when i was at the asylum in norway i had the most vivid dream where i was so scared that i tried to scream and the "nurse" did hear me but didn't think it was anything(probably too low sound).i haven't written it down so this is from memory:on the right side of me was this demonic figure that was sharpening its vessel of death(i would guess)and the other thing i remember was something evil trying to stop me from breathing with my pillow(actually not the pillow but don't remember the word for it).
i have had fantastic realistic dreams one where i was checking the dream world for its quality in details and when i was looking outside a high mountain on the top down to the water and examining the texture of the leaf on a tree and looking at a sunset i started crying..i have experienced much more..the dreams come when i am relaxed.rohypnol 5htp is very effective but i haven't tried them as much yet...
i want to add some other things as well because 2 times in dreams i have experienced something very strange its on the level of taking 1000 mics or something its not more or less its just total experience of being infinitive small and i would then not cal it dreams it happened when i slept but the experience was something else very scary stuff its impossible to explain i had the feeling in meditation without fright its like the experience was the existence within it it was me infinitive small and like a kind of dept that was infinite Large it was a understanding of the situation that was based on feelings in a spectrum not normally used to understand...its difficult to explain...

--------------------
I am walking with christ.

Edited by dmtsmokingman (12/30/04 11:12 PM)

Offlinebutterflydawn
lucid dreamer
 User Gallery

Loc: lost at sea
Re: Tripping in a Lucid Dream with 5-HTP [Re: dmtsmokingman]
    #3560504 - 12/30/04 06:05 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

havent tried dmt yet but i smoked dmt in my dream
and when i was tripping in my dream the door knocked and i woke up
i was like totally strange.
if we think dmt naturally occurs in human brain so sounds normal
-
and i always have that shroom dreams when i'm growing
+ i smoke cannabis a lot in my dreams.

--------------------
lucidal expansion

Offlineheadset
Stranger
Re: Tripping in a Lucid Dream with 5-HTP [Re: butterflydawn]
    #3561432 - 12/30/04 01:01 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Ive eaten Acid in My dreams a couple times and then i wake up. its a nice metaphor.. ill dig up the reports.

I eat drugs in my dreams all the time. Lucidity is a powerful state.

Offlineheadset
Stranger
Re: Tripping in a Lucid Dream with 5-HTP [Re: headset]
    #3561444 - 12/30/04 01:05 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Friday Dec.10.04

Last nite i went to bed after ingesting 6mgs of melatonin - telling myself "i will be lucid. I am in control" After falling into the dream state many dreams ensued either meaningless or forgettful. Just before waking i reached lucidity;I was in familiar surroundings looking for plugs for my ears. I was looking in a very small woooden container ive kept for years containing Mexican dream dolls (symbolic) - Anyways - objects poured out beyond capacity - and out popped a Quarter or so sheet of LSD w/grey prints - The first print i noticed was a devil, then a robot and then an alien - below in the shape of a sideways L there were white hits with a Bonsai type ree, a blank and another organic symbol. Interestingly enough, the theme of the images correlates with my subconscious believes of creation/control/mind.existance. I ate a large dose and woke up.

Drawing parallels to a former dream ------>

I awoke - dreaming - In a car with my Mom and Sam, driving through sceneic mountains. Conversation was brewing openly and Sam mentioned *s0mething* about a dose i gave him. At this moment memories rejuvenated themselves fully into my memory adn our conversation was relating well, beginning to turn revelatory. We spoke about my intellectual and spiritual progress + my path ----> and its similarities to those fo my grandma. At this point my mom opened her wallet and said "we're not all that different you know." She pulled out a 4 pack of doses Implying that it had come from my grandma + was family LSD; Urging me on - Now was my time. I tore off my abnormally large dose folded in 4 and i felt blessed. As if now was my awakening.

Both experiences furthur play with 2 ideas - First with last nights reading;
A master was explaining the difference between the origin of Eastern and Western philosophy. How Westerns conceptualized in the waking conscious - Where as in the East they emphasized 4 states of being where conceptualization of ideas progressed. These states included:
1. The waking state.
2. The dreaming state.
3. The not dreaming state.
4. "the 4th."

The master tried to explain to the student that not dreaming was more productive than waking or dreaming because in this state all disillusionment was abandoned. Human qualities were dropped, concepts did not apply - the reducing valve of the brain was disabled and pure awareness was experienced - It was from this point + returning to the human world of *trying to understand* where the greater truths aboutlife could be examined + formed to fit concepts of understanding.

The second and more pertinent idea these dreamed ideas toy with is; That *the human experience is the greatest drug we've ever taken.* and that by resting and leaving our boies we return to our ancestry of true existance. Symbolized by Waking Up When I ingest drugs in my dreams. Maybe its all symbolic - maybe it means something...

Maybe i should ask more questions and get furthur lost in the mystery... Maybe maybe maybe...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order