Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | | Last >
Re: Closed or open borders? [Re: XUL] * 2
    #25803300 -

XUL said:
The world wants to put white people in check for being successful.



Who is “the world”?  Success has nothing to do with skin pigmentation. 

Quote:
XUL said:They mistakenly tie all white people to colonialism and use them for a scapegoat for the world's problems. They believe we don't have the right to love ourselves or the culture and countries we invented. That we should be diluted and neutralized due to any possible generational ties to colonialism.



Who are “they”?  This entire statement is absurd on every level. 

Quote:
XUL said:Meanwhile every other race celebrates it's heritage and ethnicity. Even those who have murdered and pillaged as well.



This statement just makes you sound envious that people besides yourself actually know their heritage and celebrate it.  You could do the same and nobody would care.  :shrug:  So you’re saying only non-whites are guilty of murdering and pillaging.  :confused:


Quote:
XUL said:It's not a racial war, but a cultural war. Non-whites are generalizing whites more and more.



Your previous statement is a complete generalization of non-whites. :shrug2:


Quote:
XUL said:They don't understand that America defeated the tyrannical British, Lincoln ended slavery, we brought equality for women, and have an amazing standard of living and freedom today. And they surely don't care about all the white revolutionary and union soldiers who died horrible deaths to make this dream happen -- as perfectly imperfect as it is.



Again, who are “they” and do you have any evidence to support your claim that “they” don’t care about sacrifices made by our forefathers and shapers of US society?  I’ll be waiting....likely forever.  Funny you didn’t mention civil rights.  On second thought, it’s pretty telling.


Quote:
XUL said:Further, don't give me that indian shit. The Indians were not one nation and they fought and spilt each other's blood over land and wealth. Whites were simply able to travel the seas is all. Plus, when America was born, indians allied with the British and slaughtered women and children in Booneville and later at fort Mims. We responded appropriately. As an aside, 90% of Indians died from disease.



Again, you act as if only non-whites have committed atrocities. 


Quote:
XUL said:Lastly, there are some whites, like Irish from the potatoe famine who never owned slaves, but arrived, were treated like trash, and fought to free slaves.



Guess by whom, they were treated like trash. 

All your above statements are pure white nationalist, racist drivel.  I wonder what it’s like to live in complete fear and ignorance. Sad. :shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Closed or open borders? [Re: Mycolorado]
    #25803310 -

They, as in the liberals who push that false narrative.

Everything I said checks out.

White hatred is popular on the rise in the liberal scene. It's cool to hate white people to them. (they are white too) It should be rejected on spot.

Denounce the racism.


--------------------
TRUMP 2020

Edited by XUL (02/10/19 10:10 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Closed or open borders? [Re: ballsalsa] * 1
    #25803315 -

ballsalsa said:
I remember that thread.  This caught my eye as i re-read it just now.

The Ecstatic said:
Like I said, importing illegals is only one way the rich exploit the value of our labor. And there will never be a tight labor market again. Automation will make sure of that. So where do you want to be when there arent enough jobs left to sustain the economy? One where we're at the whims of corporations, hoping theyll pay enough taxes to prop up the exponentially increasing welfare costs? Or one where the economy is democratized and workers have a voice, a fair wage, and their dignity?





I heard on NPR the other day that a new study beleived automation won't necessarily decrease demand for human labor. I googled but found nothing or I would post a link.

My machine shop is about 50% automated. When I went from manually operated machines to CNC machines I was of the impression that I would halve (or more) my labor but keep the same production. What happened was my labor increased and my production more than doubled. On the face this seems a similar result, except that now to sustain I had a greater annual financial commitment to cover the increased labor (not less), and because investment in initial setup of parts was greater I had to give up short run type work to an extent. This forced my business into a direction I did not anticipate, basically meaning I moved from a specialty shop into a shop that did production work. How does this apply to automation? First, I experienced a net increase in labor requirement, the type of work this labor involves will not be automated for a long time. It involves programming and machining experience. Something machines and computers aren't good at yet. Second, it proves that human labor for short run manufacturing is still more efficient. I don't foresee that changing either, humans, especially humans with experience, can do things in short order extremely efficiently.

All of that said, much of this applies to automation at large. Sure the menial tasks will be automated, but the back end infrastructure is going to grow many times overs to support it. What we will get is production and machinofacture at unprecedented levels with perhaps the best working conditions in history. The downside, finite supplies will be used at even greater rates.


--------------------
Enjoy the process of your search without succumbing to the pressure of the result.

A Dorito is pizza, change my mind.

I’m sorry it had to be me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Closed or open borders? [Re: qman] * 1
    #25803320 -

qman said:
Mycolorado said:
:lolwut:



You don't think Europeans discriminated against other Europeans that immigrated to the US?  Ask the Irish how welcoming the US was for them, that reality has NOTHING to do with "white supremacy".



lol...Based on the following statement, you would likely have been one of those individuals doing the discriminating.

qman said:
I've been against BOTH legal and illegal immigration.



You’re coming off as all kinds of mixed up and conflicted. :shrug:  You might need some therapy. :lol:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Closed or open borders? [Re: Mycolorado] * 1
    #25803327 -

I see you taking cheap shots at qmain -- trying to defame him by calling him discriminatory, but in reality you haven't made a rebuttal.


--------------------
TRUMP 2020

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Closed or open borders? [Re: Mycolorado]
    #25803337 -

Never heard of Booneville or fort Mims?

Check your history.


--------------------
TRUMP 2020

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Closed or open borders? [Re: XUL] * 2
    #25803347 -

In reply to your previous statement, you stated no facts and opinions simply do not “check out”. :shrug:

My above comments aren’t cheap shots, they are in and of themselves a rebuttal that point out, that qman, by his own words, falls into the category of someone who discriminates.  Those people, as I’m sure you’re painfully aware, do so out of fear and ignorance.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Closed or open borders? [Re: Mycolorado]
    #25803353 -

You don't believe the Indians declared war on America when the country was born and slaughtered women and children in Booneville and later at fort Mims.

If you deny this, then you deny fact. And when you deny fact, you have no position.


--------------------
TRUMP 2020

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Closed or open borders? [Re: XUL]
    #25803354 -

XUL said:
You don't believe the Indians declared war on America when the country was born and slaughtered women and children in Booneville and later at fort Mims.

If you deny this, then you deny fact. And when you deny fact, you have no position.




Or do you need me to look it up for you?


--------------------
TRUMP 2020

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Closed or open borders? [Re: Mycolorado]
    #25803369 -



--------------------
TRUMP 2020

Edited by XUL (02/10/19 10:37 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Closed or open borders? [Re: XUL]
    #25803371 -

There was a lot of strife between european settlers and the native population, going back to before the advent of the U.S., obviously.  This was exploited at different times by different powers to some effect.  Tell me XUL, what do you know about the battle of Saratoga?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Closed or open borders? [Re: vault123] * 1
    #25803374 -

vault123 said:
There is a direct causal link to the increase in the supply of labor and the decrease in wages. It is not seriously debated. It is a fait accompli. The pdf I posted proves it.



Actually, it is seriously debated, and your own article confirms it:
Quote:
research that has attempted to measure such effects empirically has often come to contrary and conflicting conclusions. Studies done in the 1980s and early 1990s, which compared cities with different proportions of immigrants, generally found little effect from immigration.
.
.
.
The findings of empirical studies that have examined the impact of immigration on the wages of natives have varied in their results, with older studies showing little or no evidence that immigrants affect wages.



The difference between the other studies and this one is that the other studies only examined areas where immigrants migrated to, while this one looks at wages on a national level.  One could actually argue that since wages for low skilled workers are only going down on a national level, and not in the cities that immigrants go, that immigration actually help wages.

vault123 said:
The law of supply and demand is the causal link. The chart you posted was just two overlapping data sets, that is not a causal link. I rest my case.



Again, the chart I posted compares unemployment to wages, and it shows absolutely no correlation, meaning there is no causal link.


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Closed or open borders? [Re: XUL]
    #25803381 -

:burke:
from your link:
Quote:
Major Daniel Beasley of the Mississippi Volunteers led a mounted force of 6 companies, 150 white militia riflemen, and 30 Tensaw métis (people of mixed American Indian and Euro-American ancestry) under Captain Dixon Bailey to intercept those warriors. They ambushed the Red Sticks in the Battle of Burnt Corn in July 1813[11] as the Creek were having their mid-day meal.[12] While the United States forces were looting the pack trains, the warriors returned and successfully drove off the Americans. The United States was now at war with the Creek Nation.



Those dastardly injuns!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Closed or open borders? [Re: ballsalsa]
    #25803383 -



--------------------
TRUMP 2020

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Closed or open borders? [Re: qman]
    #25803386 -

qman said:
So if there's a shortage of a skilled labor, why not offer more money and people will leave their current jobs and work for your company. Demand should cure the shortage, it's not that complicated.



How many times do I have to explain game theory?  If my company paid more to attract skilled workers, then competing companies would pay more to keep them, and we'd still have a shortage of labor, except everyone would be paying more.  Problem not solved, and most companies understand that.


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Closed or open borders? [Re: christopera]
    #25803408 -

christopera said:
I heard on NPR the other day that a new study beleived automation won't necessarily decrease demand for human labor. I googled but found nothing or I would post a link.



Here's a link to an article that comes to the same conclusion.  People have been predicting automation would kill jobs since the early 1900's, but so far that hasn't happened.


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Closed or open borders? [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 1
    #25803410 -

I read the entire thing I know what it says. Supply and demand affects wages, that's it. It's not rocket science. The pdf is posted and anyone who wants can read it and make up their own mind for themselves.

So I'm just gonna save my progress here in case I need to refer back to these.

So far for open boarders we've got:

1.  Reduced social cohesion:

https://politicalscience.ku.dk/staff/Academic_staff/?pure=en%2Fpublications%2Fethnic-diversity-and-social-trust(38776931-9a45-4aff-a91a-c188f97e3155).html
https://cis.org/Report/Wages-Immigration

2. Increased welfare use:

https://cis.org/Report/Welfare-Use-Immigrant-and-Native-Households

3. Suppressed wages:

https://cis.org/Report/Wages-Immigration

#DIVERSITYISOURSTRENGTH



--------------------
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Judge Aaron Satie

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Closed or open borders? [Re: vault123] * 2
    #25803425 -

:burke:
nice victory declaration.  Reminds me of this:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Closed or open borders? [Re: vault123] * 2
    #25803474 -

vault123 said:
I read the entire thing I know what it says. Supply and demand affects wages, that's it. It's not rocket science. The pdf is posted and anyone who wants can read it and make up their own mind for themselves.



And I quoted from your own article, so people don't even have to dig through it to know that you're wrong.

vault123 said:
1.  Reduced social cohesion:

https://politicalscience.ku.dk/staff/Academic_staff/?pure=en%2Fpublications%2Fethnic-diversity-and-social-trust(38776931-9a45-4aff-a91a-c188f97e3155).html
https://cis.org/Report/Wages-Immigration



I'm not arguing this point.  As I said before, I realize that white supremecists feel more comfortable with their own kind.  Though I personally prefer higher median wage since I get along just fine with immigrants.

vault123 said:
2. Increased welfare use:

https://cis.org/Report/Welfare-Use-Immigrant-and-Native-Households



All that's does is confirm what we already know - that a disproportionate number of immigrants work in low skilled jobs.  We need people in those jobs.

vault123 said:
3. Suppressed wages:

https://cis.org/Report/Wages-Immigration



Discussed above.  And you ignoring those points while declaring victory only serves to hurt your point of view.  :shrug:


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Closed or open borders? [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #25803698 -

We still want trade with mexico and it's a good idea to not base all production in one nation.  If the mainland gets invaded it's a bad day for the world.  Empires are all about trade, feck philosophy.


--------------------
"in sterquiliniis invenitur in stercore invenitur"

In filth it will be found in dung it will be found

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | | Last >

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Koreans fire across border
( 1 2 all )
pattern 2,426 25 07/18/03 11:42 AM
by atomikfunksoldier
* Porous Mexican Border as a Terrorist Entry Point
( 1 2 all )
Autonomous 4,298 36 01/05/04 11:19 AM
by Xlea321
* Case Closed Great_Satan 924 11 09/07/04 09:00 PM
by Great_Satan
* Canada wide open for terrorists. luvdemshrooms 1,551 13 07/13/02 12:05 AM
by Psilocybeing
* border crossing
( 1 2 all )
IndoorDreams 1,437 23 06/10/03 01:04 AM
by uno
* muslim indo chinese womens refuge quiver 1,534 10 07/12/06 10:53 AM
by quiver
* The U.S. Needs to Open Up to the World
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
ThorA 6,038 101 01/28/03 08:14 PM
by Phred
* An Open Letter to the Corporations of America PsiloKitten 1,799 17 10/30/03 03:53 AM
by luvdemshrooms

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Enlil, ballsalsa
11,730 topic views. 0 members, 1 guests and 27 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.034 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 18 queries.