Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | | Last >
Re: Closed or open borders? [Re: qman]
    #25802107 -

Sure, Mother Theresa.


--------------------
🅂🄸🄶🄼🄰


Helpful Threads
stonesun
Mycolorado’s Tamp Fruit Project
Tampanensis Grow with Mycolorado
bw86's Jalisco Grow

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Closed or open borders? [Re: Mycolorado] * 1
    #25802108 -

qman said:
XUL said:
Diversity does not equal strength.

It may equal weakness.



Mixing different cultures that constantly come into conflict with each others foundations is definitely a major weakness.

Multiculturalism is a proven failure.



Have either of you proven it?  Can you explain why the most successful cities in America are usually the most diverse?



Of course they can’t.  Its just more racist propaganda, typical of unsuccessful losers crying about their lot in life and trying to find someone to blame besides themselves. :cryforme:



Well Europe has had a dramatic uptick in violence and terrorism sinse the "mixing of European and African/middle eastern cultures". The migrant crisis is a good example of the conflicts that can arise. Maybe in a few decades they will assimilate but atm its been a rough ride



He's blind to the world around him, screaming "racism" is about all he has to offer in these discussions.

Anyone who even follows world events and history, knows about these conflicts.




So you have a lot of friends that aren’t white?  I’m betting not.  The fact that you think people of different ethnicity, cultural background or religion can’t get along speaks to your personal outlook of the world.  All you have to offer in these discussions is placing blame on immigrants. :shrug:



I associated with people from many different races and ethnicity's. I have never had a serious issue with them. :shrug:

Do I have issues with cultures that don't embrace Western liberal values? Absolutely, and I'll even say that certain values systems are harmful and primitive in nature.

Some cultures and religions suck in my opinion, and are NOT equal with Western liberal values.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Closed or open borders? [Re: Mycolorado]
    #25802109 -

Mycolorado said:
Sure, Mother Theresa.



Many say she was a self centered bitch, so I'll take that comment as an insult.  :cookiemonster:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Closed or open borders? [Re: qman]
    #25802118 -

:yawn:


--------------------
🅂🄸🄶🄼🄰


Helpful Threads
stonesun
Mycolorado’s Tamp Fruit Project
Tampanensis Grow with Mycolorado
bw86's Jalisco Grow

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Closed or open borders? [Re: vault123] * 1
    #25802224 -

vault123 said:
Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
the most successful cities in America are usually the most diverse?



Correlation does not equal causation



Yes, but correlation helps prove causation.

vault123 said:
Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Have either of you proven it?



There are a number of areas most of us would agree upon as a benefit. For this example we could start with something like "social cohesion". I assume most people would want to live in a more welcoming, inclusive, and friendly environment where they feel safe and trusting.



I was thinking people would prefer a better median income.  :shrug:

ballsalsa said:
That's cute that you thought I was asking you to explain the concept to me.

No example then?



Vault, we all know what supply and demand is.  But wages aren't currently correlated to labor demand.



The most likely explanations are lower union membership (union membership and wages are very highly correlated), and game theory (companies know they won't benefit by paying more, because then other companies will just follow suit and then there will still be a shortage of labor).


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Closed or open borders? [Re: qman] * 1
    #25802247 -

qman said:
MagicMush123 said:
Mycolorado said:
If people would get an education or learn a valuable trade they wouldn’t have to worry about uneducated and unskilled immigrants competing for their shitty assembly line job. :shrug:



I guess you missed the points about skilled and educated immigrants coming to America to work IT jobs



Most legal immigrants have education and skills, those immigrants do hurt the native workers without a doubt.



Actually, there is a lot of doubt.  I work in a company that hires legal immigrants, because there IS a serious shortage of labor.  If any of you have a masters in chemical engineering, materials science, physics, electrical engineering, or mechanical engineering, and you want a job, just let me know.

Legal immigrants by law must get paid the same or better than US citizens, so I don't know how that hurts wages.


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Closed or open borders? [Re: qman] * 2
    #25802251 -

qman said:
Cultural diversity has always been a problem for white supremecists in the US...



Fixed that for you.  :smirk:


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Closed or open borders? [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 1
    #25802258 -

Exactly...on both points.


--------------------
🅂🄸🄶🄼🄰


Helpful Threads
stonesun
Mycolorado’s Tamp Fruit Project
Tampanensis Grow with Mycolorado
bw86's Jalisco Grow

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Closed or open borders? [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #25802315 -

Do you honestly believe that an increase in the supply of labor will have no measurable affect on on its price?

“The regression equations indicate that even after controlling for a variety of factors, immigrants exert a downward pressure on both the weekly and hourly wages of natives.”

https://cis.org/Report/Wages-Immigration


--------------------
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Judge Aaron Satie

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Closed or open borders? [Re: vault123] * 1
    #25802384 -

Yeah, natives with at best, a high school education.  The article you referenced just proves my point about bettering your chances by getting more education.  Did you read the article or understand what it said?  If you didn’t, the title should give you a clue to the content as it says “low-skilled”.  Why is immigration to blame for high school dropouts or those unwilling to acquire additional education or skills for not being able to earn more?  Hint:  It’s not.


--------------------
🅂🄸🄶🄼🄰


Helpful Threads
stonesun
Mycolorado’s Tamp Fruit Project
Tampanensis Grow with Mycolorado
bw86's Jalisco Grow

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Closed or open borders? [Re: vault123] * 2
    #25802386 -

vault123 said:
Do you honestly believe that an increase in the supply of labor will have no measurable affect on on its price?



I know it for a fact as I just presented the evidence.  If you have counter evidence, I'd love for you to share it.

vault123 said:
“The regression equations indicate that even after controlling for a variety of factors, immigrants exert a downward pressure on both the weekly and hourly wages of natives.”

https://cis.org/Report/Wages-Immigration



You forgot to include the next part:

Quote:
When all natives are considered together, the wage effects of immigration appear to be relatively modest. However, when the results are disaggregated and lowskilled occupations are examined separately, the results indicate that immigrants have a significant negative effect on the wages of natives in these occupations, while having no such effect on natives employed in higher-skilled occupations.
.
.
.
The findings indicate that immigration is likely to have contributed significantly to the decline in wages for workers with only a high school degree or less in the last two decades.

The presence of immigrants does not appear to have a discernible negative effect on the wages of natives employed in high-skilled occupations and may even increase wages in these occupations.



So it's possible that if you have a high school degree or less, immigrants could hurt your wages a little.


Edit:  Mycolorado caught that too.  :thumbup:


This was discussed at length here.


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Closed or open borders? [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 1
    #25802435 -

I remember that thread.  This caught my eye as i re-read it just now.

The Ecstatic said:
Like I said, importing illegals is only one way the rich exploit the value of our labor. And there will never be a tight labor market again. Automation will make sure of that. So where do you want to be when there arent enough jobs left to sustain the economy? One where we're at the whims of corporations, hoping theyll pay enough taxes to prop up the exponentially increasing welfare costs? Or one where the economy is democratized and workers have a voice, a fair wage, and their dignity?



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Closed or open borders? [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #25802443 -

Your corollary chart doesn’t prove anything, you need a causal link to “prove” something.

I read the quote you showed and it in no way contradicts the overall findings which “exert downward pressure” on wages. The part you showed just says the affect is modest on high skilled occupations, but overall it still decreases wages.

If enough levels of high skilled workers were imported those would go down too, because as we have discussed in great detail when you increase the supply you decrease the demand and the wages.


--------------------
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Judge Aaron Satie

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Closed or open borders? [Re: vault123]
    #25802677 -

vault123 said:
Your corollary chart doesn’t prove anything, you need a causal link to “prove” something.



It proves there is no causal link between demand for labor and wages.

That's why balls asked if you could show a causal link.


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Edited by Falcon91Wolvrn03 (02/09/19 11:03 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Closed or open borders? [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 1
    #25803145 -

There is a direct causal link to the increase in the supply of labor and the decrease in wages. It is not seriously debated. It is a fait accompli. The pdf I posted proves it. The law of supply and demand is the causal link. The chart you posted was just two overlapping data sets, that is not a causal link. I rest my case.


--------------------
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Judge Aaron Satie

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Closed or open borders? [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #25803202 -

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
qman said:
MagicMush123 said:
Mycolorado said:
If people would get an education or learn a valuable trade they wouldn’t have to worry about uneducated and unskilled immigrants competing for their shitty assembly line job. :shrug:



I guess you missed the points about skilled and educated immigrants coming to America to work IT jobs



Most legal immigrants have education and skills, those immigrants do hurt the native workers without a doubt.



Actually, there is a lot of doubt.  I work in a company that hires legal immigrants, because there IS a serious shortage of labor.  If any of you have a masters in chemical engineering, materials science, physics, electrical engineering, or mechanical engineering, and you want a job, just let me know.

Legal immigrants by law must get paid the same or better than US citizens, so I don't know how that hurts wages.



So if there's a shortage of a skilled labor, why not offer more money and people will leave their current jobs and work for your company. Demand should cure the shortage, it's not that complicated.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Closed or open borders? [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #25803206 -

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
qman said:
Cultural diversity has always been a problem for white supremecists in the US...



Fixed that for you.  :smirk:



It's not white supremacy when Europeans are discriminating against other Europeans. Obviously, you're missing the point.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Closed or open borders? [Re: qman] * 1
    #25803242 -

:lolwut:


--------------------
🅂🄸🄶🄼🄰


Helpful Threads
stonesun
Mycolorado’s Tamp Fruit Project
Tampanensis Grow with Mycolorado
bw86's Jalisco Grow

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Closed or open borders? [Re: qman]
    #25803248 -

The world wants to put white people in check for being successful. They mistakenly tie all white people to colonialism and use them for a scapegoat for the world's problems. They believe we don't have the right to love ourselves or the culture and countries we invented. That we should be diluted and neutralized due to any possible generational ties to colonialism.

Meanwhile every other race celebrates it's heritage and ethnicity. Even those who have murdered and pillaged as well.

It's not a racial war, but a cultural war. Non-whites are generalizing whites more and more.

They don't understand that America defeated the tyrannical British, Lincoln ended slavery, we brought equality for women, and have an amazing standard of living and freedom today. And they surely don't care about all the white revolutionary and union soldiers who died horrible deaths to make this dream happen -- as perfectly imperfect as it is.

Further, don't give me that indian shit. The Indians were not one nation and they fought and spilt each other's blood over land and wealth. Whites were simply able to travel the seas is all. Plus, when America was born, indians allied with the British and slaughtered women and children in Booneville and later at fort Mims. We responded appropriately. As an aside, 90% of Indians died from disease.

Lastly, there are some whites, like Irish from the potatoe famine who never owned slaves, but arrived, were treated like trash, and fought to free slaves.

Pretty damn honorable eh? They took control of the situation and fixed it.


--------------------
TRUMP 2020

Edited by XUL (02/10/19 09:41 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Closed or open borders? [Re: Mycolorado]
    #25803257 -

Mycolorado said:
:lolwut:



You don't think Europeans discriminated against other Europeans that immigrated to the US?  Ask the Irish how welcoming the US was for them, that reality has NOTHING to do with "white supremacy".

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | | Last >

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Koreans fire across border
( 1 2 all )
pattern 2,426 25 07/18/03 11:42 AM
by atomikfunksoldier
* Porous Mexican Border as a Terrorist Entry Point
( 1 2 all )
Autonomous 4,298 36 01/05/04 11:19 AM
by Xlea321
* Case Closed Great_Satan 924 11 09/07/04 09:00 PM
by Great_Satan
* Canada wide open for terrorists. luvdemshrooms 1,551 13 07/13/02 12:05 AM
by Psilocybeing
* border crossing
( 1 2 all )
IndoorDreams 1,437 23 06/10/03 01:04 AM
by uno
* muslim indo chinese womens refuge quiver 1,534 10 07/12/06 10:53 AM
by quiver
* The U.S. Needs to Open Up to the World
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
ThorA 6,038 101 01/28/03 08:14 PM
by Phred
* An Open Letter to the Corporations of America PsiloKitten 1,799 17 10/30/03 03:53 AM
by luvdemshrooms

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Enlil, ballsalsa
11,730 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 66 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.039 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 18 queries.