Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?

Loc: Lost In Space
Canada wide open for terrorists.
    #735329 - 07/10/02 01:06 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Got to love those Canadians...
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2002/7/9/162022.shtml

Canada Wide Open for Terrorists
Charles R. Smith
Wednesday, July 10, 2002
Vancouver and Halifax Ports Go Unguarded

Amid renewed concern over new terror attacks against America, Canada has left its ports unguarded. Canada has removed its police on the ground inside the port facilities of Vancouver and Halifax, reportedly in response to budget shortfalls.

According to U.S. and Canadian intelligence officials, the ports are currently "wide open" for terrorist infiltration. The lack of police to patrol and inspect these ports of entry has raised concerns inside the U.S. that al-Qaeda terrorists may use the unguarded entry points as landing areas for attacks on America.

Seattle, Los Angeles, Chicago and Boston are considered particularly vulnerable to terrorists who could use the unguarded Canadian ports to enter North America.

Canada Is a Terrorist Entry Port

In 1999, U.S. Customs officials foiled a planned millennium bombing attack on Los Angeles at a Washington state border crossing. Customs officials captured Ahmed Ressam, a known al-Qaeda terrorist, who was armed with a carload of explosives while trying to enter the United States. Ressam was based in Vancouver, Canada.

Ressam's capture was considered more luck than police work: He was detected only because a vigilant U.S. Customs border guard noticed that he was acting nervous and requested permission to examine his auto.

In addition, Mohamed Atta, the suicide pilot who flew a Boeing 767 into the World Trade Center on Sept. 11, also entered the United States via Canada.

Canadian Liberal Government Was Warned

According to the former executive director of the Canadian Police Association, the Canadian government was warned that the unprotected seaports would become the targets of terrorist organizations and organized crime rings if the Ports Canada Police were disbanded.

"They [the Liberal-led government] received strong and clear warnings from virtually every branch of law enforcement in this country," said Scott Newark.

Newark noted that provincial attorneys general, police chiefs, Crown prosecutors and even international security organizations warned the Liberals they were preparing to open Canada's ports to uncontrollable illegal activity, including drug trafficking, human smuggling and terrorism.

"It's entirely dishonest for them to say they've suddenly discovered this problem. They created it. They just got it in their heads that they were going to do this [disband the ports police force] and now we're paying for it," noted Newark.

Newark and others had warned the Liberal-led government in submissions and testimony before the Commons transport committee that cutting the ports police would leave North America vulnerable to increased activities by Asian organized crime, terrorists and other illegal organizations.

"There has never been another instance where [Canadian law enforcement] has been more clear and unanimous in its recommendations to the government, and they were rejected," stated Newark.

"If they are looking for a source of the problem, they need only look in the mirror."

Links to Red Chinese and Canadian Prime Minister

U.S. and Canadian authorities are concerned because the port facilities in Vancouver are now under the control of the state-owned China Ocean Shipping Company, or COSCO. COSCO is officially part of the Chinese navy and has been directly linked to illegal arms smuggling.

"COSCO," according to Defense Department intelligence officials "operates a fleet of ELINT (electronic intelligence) trawlers for the PRC government. ... When China delivers missiles or chemical agents to the Middle East, specially outfitted COSCO ships deliver them."

Immediately after the ports police were disbanded in Vancouver, the Canadian government granted special docking and container facilities to COSCO. Just by coincidence, of course, COSCO hired former Captain of the Port Norm Stark.

The links to COSCO go even higher than the former port captain, however. COSCO is intimately linked to CITIC, the China International Trust and Investment Corp., on whose board sits the Canadian prime minister's son-in-law, Andre Desmerais. Desmerais is also a shareholder, along with Chinese billionaire Li Ka Shing and Robert Kuok. Li Ka Shing, along with Henry Fok, provided the seed money to establish CITIC.

Chinese Army Companies Involved in Arms Smuggling

According to the Rand Corporation, CITIC is an "investment concern under China's governmental State Council." CITIC "became identified with the PLA (People's Liberation Army) as a result of the scandal surrounding Wang Jun and his visit to the White House on 6 February 1996."

In February 1996, President Clinton met with Chinese arms dealer Wang Jun after taking a donation from Arkansas DNC donor Charlie Trie. The Rand Corp. noted that "Wang Jung is both director of CITIC and Chairman of Poly Group, the arms trading company of the General Staff Department."

According to the Rand Corporation report, "Poly Technologies, Ltd., was founded in 1984, ostensibly as a subsidiary of CITIC, although it was later exposed to be the primary commercial arm of the PLA General Staff Department's Equipment Sub-Department. Throughout the 1980s, Poly sold hundreds of millions of dollars of largely surplus arms around the world, exporting to customers in Thailand, Burma, Iran, Pakistan, and the United States."

The Rand report concluded, "CITIC does enter into business partnerships with and provide logistical assistance to PLA and defense-industrial companies like Poly. Poly's U.S. subsidiaries were abruptly closed in August 1996. Allegedly, Poly's representative, Robert Ma, conspired with China North Industries Corporation's (NORINCO) representative, Richard Chen, and a number of businessmen in California to illegally import 2000 AK-47s into the United States."

Leaks in Clinton Administration Foiled Bust

The Poly Tech story goes deeper than just a few Chinese generals and a princeling or two. According to another document obtained from the Commerce Department, the 2,000 machine guns were to be transferred to the Long Beach port in California onboard the COSCO ship Empress Phoenix. However, "a leak from the State Dept. alerted the company, which then canceled the delivery."

Allegedly, Poly Tech's man in America, Robert Ma, conspired with NORINCO representative Richard Chen to import the 2,000 fully automatic AK-47s into the United States. Chen and Ma agreed to sell the machine guns to Customs agents posing as Miami drug smugglers. Lu Yi Lun, described in court documents as NORINCO's No. 2 official, was also charged in the case.

U.S. investigators say arms broker Hammond Ku, a key figure in the case, told undercover U.S. agents three times that China's government knew what was happening. According to the 100-page federal indictment from one of the key undercover agents, Chen and Ma had difficulty in getting the "barrels" because they required "higher-level permission."

The Customs officials added that the Chinese apparently believed the automatic rifles were going to U.S. street gangs. U.S. investigators also said company representatives tried to sell rocket launchers, anti-aircraft missiles, machine guns and even tanks.

"Unfortunately for them," states the Rand report, "their 'customers' turned out to be undercover U.S. Customs and BATF agents, posing as members of a Miami syndicate. Poly's representative, Robert Ma, fled the country one step ahead of Federal law enforcement officials who had a warrant for his arrest, and his current whereabouts are unknown."

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinenugsarenice
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: nowhere
Re: Canada wide open for terrorists. [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #735332 - 07/10/02 01:14 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Cosco,, the same cosco that is conspiring to take over the worldwide shipping industry?

Anonymous

Re: Canada wide open for terrorists. [Re: nugsarenice]
    #735638 - 07/10/02 06:54 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Yes, the same COSCO that Clinton agreed to sell the Long Beach Naval Shipyard to.

Offlinenugsarenice
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: nowhere
Re: Canada wide open for terrorists. [Re: ]
    #735654 - 07/10/02 07:05 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

who were the other bidders?

Anonymous

Re: Canada wide open for terrorists. [Re: nugsarenice]
    #735666 - 07/10/02 07:13 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

It wasn't a matter of bidding it was a matter of political donations.

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
    #735839 - 07/10/02 08:41 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Although I will agree that our security leaves alot to be desired, you also have to realize that we are a relatively small population (about 31,000,000) compared to the huge size of our country (the second largest in the world). We can't provide the level of security that the U.S. can.

On a side note, we also don't need the security the U.S. does...nobody is pissed at us, and are generally liked world wide. Although I understand what you are saying, it's really not OUR responsiblity to protect YOUR borders with our meager resources. You really can't blame Canada everytime a terrorist gets into our borders, then gets past your as well.

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

Anonymous

Re: Canada wide open for terrorists. [Re: Rono]
    #735855 - 07/10/02 08:49 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Rono wrote:
...it's really not OUR responsiblity to protect YOUR borders with our meager resources. You really can't blame Canada everytime a terrorist gets into our borders, then gets past your as well.

You are correct, the blames lies squarely on the narrow sloped shoulders of our spineless elected officials who refuse to make the correct decisions because politics has priority over their duties.

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

#735863 - 07/10/02 08:57 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

It's obvious that Canada is harboring terrorists...perhaps the U.S. should invade and bomb the hell out of Canada when they are done with Afghanistan. I think it's all part of some devious world wide conspiracy against the U.S.

--------------------

Anonymous

#736040 - 07/10/02 10:06 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

perhaps the U.S. should invade and bomb the hell out of Canada

If you dislike Canada that much, move.

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

#736080 - 07/10/02 10:19 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Perhaps you missed the sarcasm in that post...

--------------------

Anonymous

#736088 - 07/10/02 10:21 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I didn't, I was just playing along.

Offlinehtownkid28
pimpin' ain'teasy

Loc: in hell! aahhh!!!!!
    #737596 - 07/10/02 08:32 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

>>it's really not OUR responsibility to protect YOUR borders with our meager resources.

you're right. and it's for that attitude that america shouldn't care what canadians think about OUR policies and the way we run OUR country.

--------------------
"in your pockets with red hot rockets!"

"I love it when a plan comes together!"

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Re: Canada wide open for terrorists. [Re: htownkid28]
    #738171 - 07/11/02 05:37 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

You never did...why would you start now?

--------------------

OfflinePsilocybeing
journeyman
Re: Canada wide open for terrorists. [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #743026 - 07/13/02 02:05 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

"Got to love those Canadians"

like ANY of your problems are the fault of canada

sorry but when a government before WW2 even supports genocide , props up dictators (lets all keep in mind that saddam and ossama are creations of the good ol USA) owns half of the world bank (the world bank is always fucking poorer countrys over by "mistake" ya profit
anyway america was attacked because of the same reason they are always attacked

YOUR GOVERNMENT IS OUT OF CONTROL FOR OVER 20 YEARS THEY HAVE BEEN
change from within america is whats needed sadly

I dont see it enough

and I could have said "gotta love those americans before them a helicopter flying around my town all summer looking for pot was a joke but now their here , great we vancouver bc canada was voted the 5th best placee in the world to smoke pot not for long after the americans get done with our people we cant fight back weeee.... its not really that funny "
www.corpwatch.org
a good place for answers

--------------------
"The enormous gap between what US leaders do in the world and what Americans think their leaders are doing is one of the great propaganda accomplishments of the dominant political mythology. "

-- Michael Parenti, political scientist and author

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion