Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | | Last >
Re: Closed or open borders? [Re: vault123]
    #25784086 -

Any of you follow Eric Weinstein?



He seems to think that neither open nor closed borders will ever happen at the 33:00 mark.


--------------------
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Judge Aaron Satie

Edited by vault123 (02/01/19 05:16 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Closed or open borders? [Re: vault123]
    #25784163 -

Well the people involved in the fraud were actually referred to the justice department in 2017 because they had engaged in the same scheme in 2016. Nothing happened. Trump started an entire commission  on voter fraud and his justice department completely ignored the the election board in NC reporting that people have likely destroyed absentee ballots (democratic ones).


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Edited by koods (02/01/19 05:56 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Closed or open borders? [Re: koods]
    #25784307 -

You know I thought that same thing about Broward county when it first broke, I was absolutely certain nefarious activity was happening. I'm not saying that nothing happened now, several voter laws had been broken, and that was dealt with, but that doesn't necessarily mean there was a giant conspiracy to rig an election.

It made me think an awful lot about confirmation bias. Everyone suffers from it to some extent, and it's really hard to see when you're the one doing it. I heard a useful explanation about how to at least attempt to manage it by Scott Adams where he described "looking for one specific piece of information to point to."


Like one hard piece of evidence, not like circumstantial evidence, and not like ten or fifteen pieces of evidence, but just one. Sometimes when we see all this evidence just everywhere it's all over the place why don't more people see it? That is a good time to be on the lookout for confirmation bias. I probably didn't explain that as well as I heard it and I couldn't find the original explanation, but he does discuss it some here from 11:17-14:20.



Now I'm not saying nothing happened in NC, something must have happened or there wouldn't be an investigation, but that doesn't necessarily mean there's a giant conspiracy to rig an election.


--------------------
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Judge Aaron Satie

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Closed or open borders? [Re: vault123]
    #25784338 -

I think everyone, even the GOP candidate, acknowledge the fraud. The election has been invalidated and has to be redone


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Closed or open borders? [Re: vault123]
    #25784521 -

vault123 said:
The 2004 study in the pdf only focused on black and hispanic names. Even if there was a difference in callbacks for the black names, in order to be able to attribute this to white privilege you would need to explain why it didn't happen to the hispanic names in the same exact study.



I didn't see Hispanic names in the 2003 pdf study.  Which study are you referring to?

vault123 said:
It did have a large sample size, but it was still a very nitch study only focusing on newspaper entries in Boston and Chicago.



Fine.  We know white privilege exists in Boston and Chicago.

vault123 said:
To verify this specific phenomenon regarding call back rates from job applications wasn't an aberration, the study would need to be done again by a separate group of people using the same techniques and still get the same results.



That's what I posted in my last post.

vault123 said:
Even if you consistently got the same results, from different people conducting the same experiment, from different sections of the population, with representative samples, it would still only represent one very specific variable.

If the phenomenon can be explained by other factors then you couldn't definitively conclude that it is the result of white privilege.



If you can name what those other more important factors are.

vault123 said:
Even if somehow you were able to definitively conclude through a multivariate analysis, that white people, and no one else, are specifically guilty of privilege due to their race what are you even supposed to do about that? It's a subconscious phenomenon.



I already said I wasn't asking for anyone to do anything other than acknowledge its existence.

vault123 said:
In the study they said that even equal opportunity employers were guilty of it, they don't even know that they're doing it. Are you supposed to punish people for something they're not even aware that they're doing?



No.


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Closed or open borders? [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #25784715 -

I am done with this topic. I looked at the evidence, said my piece on it and now I am moving on.


--------------------
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Judge Aaron Satie

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Closed or open borders? [Re: vault123]
    #25784827 -

You should work at the Justice department


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Closed or open borders? [Re: split_by_nine]
    #25784852 -

split_by_nine that was hundreds of years ago! I'm so tired of people complaining about the past. The white people that are living today didn't kill native Americans or have slaves! We shouldn't have to suffer because of something that happened hundreds of years ago! These illegal immigrants ran into my father's car and didn't pay for it! One broke into my vehicle in the middle of the night and they constantly go around begging for money. I want them gone! The only reason you're defending them is because it's not happening in your area!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Closed or open borders? [Re: Shenmue] * 1
    #25784885 -

You’re not suffering. No people in the history of earth has had it better than the modern American. Your standard of living is better than your ancestors and better than 98% of the people living today. Diseases that terrorized humans for millennia are cured with a couple pills. You won’t die in squalor if you have a run of bad luck because we have a safety net. You have the contents of the world’s libraries at your finger tips. You download an app and find someone to have sex with and don’t have to worry about your face falling off from the syphilis. You have a box that stores your food for weeks without spoiling and another that will cook it at the touch of a button. You have the ability to communicate with anyone alive instantly. Grapes are the size of golf balls and fruits that were growing in South America on Monday are in your overstocked grocery store by Friday.

STOP FUCKING WHINING ABOUT PEOPLE WHO DONT TAKE ALL THAT FOR GRANTED.


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Closed or open borders? [Re: koods]
    #25785095 -

dude, I had some grapes like that the other day.  They were the best motherfucking grapes I've ever had. Celestial something-or-other i think they were called.  Grapes like you wouldn't believe.  Grapes that shouldn't be.  Seriously though, each one was the size of my left nut and the juice was twice as sweet.as that of my left nut, in case that wasn't clear

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Closed or open borders? [Re: koods]
    #25785106 -

koods can't these people do the same thing in their own country! Why do they need to come over here and take are sh-t? Why can't they build this sh-t themselves? Even when the usa teaches and helps these fu-ked up places like Africa they just destroy everything and everything goes back to sh-t again, so why would we want them to come here? They need to fix themselves first.

Edited by Shenmue (02/02/19 03:59 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Closed or open borders? [Re: Shenmue] * 1
    #25785121 -

Koods if you're so righteous then what have you done to help these people? Have you donated money? Are you handing out food on the streets? Giving the illegals shelter? Or are you just talking sh_t on the internet?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Closed or open borders? [Re: Shenmue] * 1
    #25785140 -

Why would I treat them like charity. They’re here to work. They don’t need hand outs like trumps farmers. And they’re harder working than drug addled trump supporters

You probably live in a part of the country illegals avoid, anyways. People in West Virginia, Kentucky or Ohio seem to be the most agrieved, yet there are hardly any illegals or immigrants there. My county has 90,000 undocumented residents. NOBODY GIVES A SHIT. The best parts of this country are loaded with immigrants. The shitholes aren’t.

Illegal immigration is a non issue. It’s all in your easy to manipulate head


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Edited by koods (02/02/19 04:38 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Closed or open borders? [Re: koods]
    #25785154 -

Montgomery county:

Population 1,058,000
Foreign born persons, percent  32.6%
Median household income $103,178
Language other than English spoken at home 40.5%

So why don’t you tell me more about how whatever has your panties in a bunch isn’t happening in my area and how immigrants ruin the economy.


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Edited by koods (02/02/19 04:38 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Closed or open borders? [Re: koods]
    #25785167 -

This isn't about immigrants! We're talking about F--g illegal immigrants! Don't you understand the difference! ILLEGAL! IIIEEEGAL immigrants!!!! NOT IMMIGRANTS! I'm not even a trump supporter. People like you are the reason why the crazy f--k won in the first place. You're so far on the left that you're insane. I'm not against Mexicans coming over the LEGAL way!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Closed or open borders? [Re: Shenmue]
    #25785170 -

Like I said. My county is 9% illegal and we’re doing great. Non issue.


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Closed or open borders? [Re: Shenmue]
    #25785173 -

Illegal immigration refers to the migration of people into a country in ways that violate the immigration laws of that country, or the remaining in a country of people who no longer have the legal right to remain. EVERY country on the planet has illegal immigration laws! Even Mexico!! I'm done with this talk. It like arguing with a religious person.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Closed or open borders? [Re: Shenmue] * 1
    #25785175 -

Ok change the law so they aren’t illegal, since their status is so emotional for you.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Closed or open borders? [Re: koods] * 2
    #25785177 -

Do you get this emotional about people driving over the speed limit? How about iillegal drug use. Does that trigger you?


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Closed or open borders? [Re: Shenmue]
    #25785181 -

It's not about the F--ING economy! It's about keeping Americans safe!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | | Last >

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Koreans fire across border
( 1 2 all )
pattern 2,426 25 07/18/03 01:42 PM
by atomikfunksoldier
* Porous Mexican Border as a Terrorist Entry Point
( 1 2 all )
Autonomous 4,299 36 01/05/04 01:19 PM
by Xlea321
* Case Closed Great_Satan 924 11 09/07/04 11:00 PM
by Great_Satan
* Canada wide open for terrorists. luvdemshrooms 1,551 13 07/13/02 02:05 AM
by Psilocybeing
* border crossing
( 1 2 all )
IndoorDreams 1,437 23 06/10/03 03:04 AM
by uno
* muslim indo chinese womens refuge quiver 1,534 10 07/12/06 12:53 PM
by quiver
* The U.S. Needs to Open Up to the World
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
ThorA 6,039 101 01/28/03 10:14 PM
by Phred
* An Open Letter to the Corporations of America PsiloKitten 1,799 17 10/30/03 05:53 AM
by luvdemshrooms

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Enlil, ballsalsa
11,734 topic views. 2 members, 34 guests and 14 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.