Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: **2018 PNW Speculation, weather, and gabbing thread.** [Re: muhfreedumb]
    #25589677 -

A lot of my spots are starting to really pop off now, they had been previously dry with not too much activity... and like muhfreedumb said, we are getting rain for the first half of this week and partly sunny the next.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: **2018 PNW Speculation, weather, and gabbing thread.** [Re: Katz 206]
    #25589694 -

What I have seen have all been pinning more than popping, I am thinking this bit of rain will help.


--------------------
Here to learn as much as possible, and be helpful where I can

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: **2018 PNW Speculation, weather, and gabbing thread.** [Re: BearaBeans]
    #25589741 -

Not sure if this question really fits here but what would you say the strength difference between cultivated Cubes and foraged Cyans found in PNW? Only had experience taking cubs and am going to take some of the Cyans I found this week tonight.


--------------------
Here to learn as much as possible, and be helpful where I can

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: **2018 PNW Speculation, weather, and gabbing thread.** [Re: BearaBeans]
    #25589754 -

BearaBeans said:
Not sure if this question really fits here but what would you say the strength difference between cultivated Cubes and foraged Cyans found in PNW? Only had experience taking cubs and am going to take some of the Cyans I found this week tonight.



here ya go: https://www.shroomery.org/6257/Magic-Mushroom-Dosage-Calculator

cyans are much stronger, and more visual in my experience.


--------------------
   

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: **2018 PNW Speculation, weather, and gabbing thread.** [Re: BearaBeans]
    #25589755 -

well seems like potency can vary, ive grown cubes(MS) that were dank and some that were not...

all cyans are DANK lol.

hard to really compared the strength difference imo, but cyans are much more potent on average. maybe 1.5-2g of cyans is probably equal to ~3.5g cubes. just a guesstimate and by no means a gold standard.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: **2018 PNW Speculation, weather, and gabbing thread.** [Re: BearaBeans]
    #25589758 -

Cyans are stronger - check the dosage calculator.


--------------------
The bohemians of Soho did pirouettes
As we waltzed through the streets of Manhattan
On rivers of ribbon and sailboats of song
.....
Winter is coming.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: **2018 PNW Speculation, weather, and gabbing thread.** [Re: Tofurky]
    #25589774 -

i checked back at the spot I found yesterday, combed the area and found a lot more pins. was just scoping it and covering them with leaves so no pics yet, but i'd say they are just starting to really come out in Seattle.

I also read that we might be in for el nino this year which means warm and wet winter, could mean a long season, right?


--------------------
   

Edited by Parisian_goldfish (11/03/18 06:20 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: **2018 PNW Speculation, weather, and gabbing thread.** [Re: Parisian_goldfish]
    #25589782 -

Thanks for the advice. Yeah I was gonna use the dosage calculator, just curious how they compare!


--------------------
Here to learn as much as possible, and be helpful where I can

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: **2018 PNW Speculation, weather, and gabbing thread.** [Re: BearaBeans]
    #25589814 -

i find myself disappointed expecting the seasons to go on long. we usually have el nino except last year. and by mid december i dont really find much going on at all. make the most of november!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: **2018 PNW Speculation, weather, and gabbing thread.** [Re: Katz 206]
    #25590409 -

Those are not galerina.


--------------------
🅃🄴🄰🄼 🄸🄷🄾🄿


New to cultivation or the shroomery?  Observe the hitchhiker's guide

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Shroomery



Smellyhobbit said:
"Wiping a needle with isopropyl after flame sterilization is like shitting after you wipe your ass."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: **2018 PNW Speculation, weather, and gabbing thread.** [Re: Mr Piggy]
    #25590451 -

I went searching today on Camano Island, WA. Found a lot of gallerinas but no luck. I tried some places around Everett last week. Probably gonna try Stanwood and Mt Vernon tomorrow.

Good luck to everyone

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: **2018 PNW Speculation, weather, and gabbing thread.** [Re: FadedaF]
    #25590474 -

These might be the bluest cyans ive picked, most of the time after i dry them they dont retain as much color especially on the caps like that

the picture really doesnt do them justice, most of them are surprisingly blue... i took 3 stem butts from this particular patch as well and have them trying to colonize some cardboard.. im glad i did now!

i know bruising isnt an indication of potency, but id be lying if i said these dont look like some of the dankest cyans ive found lol


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: **2018 PNW Speculation, weather, and gabbing thread.** [Re: Katz 206]
    #25591766 -

I went to 4 different stores yesterday and everywhere was sold out of alder wood chips lol. If you were planning I wouldn't bother, spent 2 hours driving around...order online.

Somewhat on topic, does anyone have tips for finding psilocybe stunzii habitat? I found some a couple years ago (see my sig) but haven't found them since. I found them in the same area as cyanescens, so it's probably just a matter of luck. hope i can find some this year so i can start a home patch.


--------------------
   

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: **2018 PNW Speculation, weather, and gabbing thread.** [Re: Katz 206]
    #25593633 -

Katz 206 said:
These might be the bluest cyans ive picked, most of the time after i dry them they dont retain as much color especially on the caps like that

the picture really doesnt do them justice, most of them are surprisingly blue... i took 3 stem butts from this particular patch as well and have them trying to colonize some cardboard.. im glad i did now!

i know bruising isnt an indication of potency, but id be lying if i said these dont look like some of the dankest cyans ive found lol





Those look like azurescens to me, not cyans. Do you have pictures of them fresh?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: **2018 PNW Speculation, weather, and gabbing thread.** [Re: ApostleofAzathoth] * 1
    #25593859 -

ApostleofAzathoth said:
Katz 206 said:
These might be the bluest cyans ive picked, most of the time after i dry them they dont retain as much color especially on the caps like that

the picture really doesnt do them justice, most of them are surprisingly blue... i took 3 stem butts from this particular patch as well and have them trying to colonize some cardboard.. im glad i did now!

i know bruising isnt an indication of potency, but id be lying if i said these dont look like some of the dankest cyans ive found lol





Those look like azurescens to me, not cyans. Do you have pictures of them fresh?



they are cyans im sure



thats the same ones

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: **2018 PNW Speculation, weather, and gabbing thread.** [Re: Katz 206]
    #25594424 -

I found indicator species again (inky caps and lactarius I'm pretty sure) but still no cyans. If anyone wants to know where to dump spores into a currently uncolonized field of alder chips (next to a stream too) pm me.

More look-alikes



Edited by muhfreedumb (11/05/18 05:23 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: **2018 PNW Speculation, weather, and gabbing thread.** [Re: muhfreedumb]
    #25594598 -

How rare is it to find cyans growing from a log? Definitely have to take pictures this week when I go back to make sure im not wrong haha. Many tiny pins.

Took 1.5 of the cyans I found last week and was absolutely floored. I eat them all in less than 10 minutes and the come up was intense, all I could do was breathe. Was totally blown away by the OEVs. Fucking choice.

How hard is it to find azzies on the WA side? Dont even need to mention Cape D:/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: **2018 PNW Speculation, weather, and gabbing thread.** [Re: Katz 206]
    #25594628 -

Yup, those are cyans. Let us know how potent they are!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: **2018 PNW Speculation, weather, and gabbing thread.** [Re: KingOfTheRats]
    #25594631 -

KingOfTheRats said:
How rare is it to find cyans growing from a log? Definitely have to take pictures this week when I go back to make sure im not wrong haha. Many tiny pins.

Took 1.5 of the cyans I found last week and was absolutely floored. I eat them all in less than 10 minutes and the come up was intense, all I could do was breathe. Was totally blown away by the OEVs. Fucking choice.

How hard is it to find azzies on the WA side? Dont even need to mention Cape D:/



I found a few ounces of Azzies on the WA side last week. Probably the best place I've been for them. I know a pretty good spot in Oregon too though

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: **2018 PNW Speculation, weather, and gabbing thread.** [Re: ApostleofAzathoth]
    #25596878 -

I haven't had any luck in likely seeming places, not that I've had a ton of time lately.
What are the odds, however, that there are a bunch of them growing under fallen leaves? Do they do that? I found a massive hill of graying wood chips with all the right kind of plants and such around, but also massive amounts of leaves so the only mushies I saw were the ones tall enough to pop up, ones much taller than any cyans I have seen. I don't want to disturb habitats for no reason, I just want to find more cyans and photograph them. I don't even need more for myself.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* **OFFICIAL PNW ACTIVES FALL 2018***NO ID REQUESTS***
( 1 2 3 4 ... 54 55 )
ti22y 53,605 1,086 02/22/19 06:25 PM
by passifloracaerulea
* PNW Liberty Cap Q's -(about spring hunting) trevorda8 10,316 7 04/19/05 01:40 PM
by emeraldmist
* how to find cold weather shrooms Anonymous 1,586 3 12/30/02 08:34 PM
by Anonymous
* COLD weather cubes are awesome (edited WITH PICS) Supernova 3,157 15 12/30/04 04:23 AM
by Baton_Rouge_Voodoo
* Florida weather watcher's club thread.... Anonymous 1,054 3 05/25/03 10:02 PM
by Gumby
* PNW edible finds Psilygirl 2,109 16 09/29/04 02:14 PM
by ToxicMan
* Wamer temperatures in PNW- Hawaii trevorda8 1,724 11 01/20/05 05:06 PM
by mjshroomer
* Greetz to the PNW crew! New Season upon us! Roger_Barrett 2,110 5 10/12/03 08:10 PM
by azurescen

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
2,241 topic views. 1 members, 42 guests and 84 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 18 queries.