Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineGillette
Jaded
 User Gallery

I think I have a drinking problem...
    #2480147 - 03/29/04 02:13 PM (20 years, 4 days ago)

I'm usually good at keeping everything under control, never had to kick a habit, cuz I've never really had a problem, but now I'm starting to worry. I drink too much. I drink to the point that I'm sloppy, I'm passing out, I've drank myself deaf, I don't make sense, I can't figure out whats going on alot and I can't remember any exact details of my nights. Thankfully I've never put myself in real danger. I always drink with people I know and trust and I never drive or go places alone. However last night it occured to me how many people actually keep an eye on me once I've gotten that drunk and thats not fair to them, they shouldn't have to babysit me. I've been working on this tho, I've told the bartenders where I work to stop serving me (they had the habit of just giving me free liquor when I got off work and went into the bar for some food), I've told all my friends that I'm not drinking anymore, but theres alot of pressure from them to drink, they think I'm being rediculous. The problem is that even if I don't bring money to drink people buy me drinks and half the time I don't even realize I'm drinking them, its just second nature. I'd love to say I would just avoid all situations where there may be liquor but I work in a bar, and all my friends are dj's so everything we do involves bars and clubs and raves, do you guys think I can do this and still be in this environment? I mean generally I'm a strong person. If I just cut back will that help or will I have to stop all together?

--------------------
~Earth is the Insane Asylum of the Universe~

A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: I think I have a drinking problem... [Re: Gillette]
    #2480466 - 03/29/04 03:27 PM (20 years, 4 days ago)

Hm...

I think that if you've recognized that it *might* be a problem, then it may in fact be.  It takes alot of strength to admit that you might have a problem, so I admire you.  :heart:

My biggest problem when drinking, was that I could never have one or two drinks and stop.  I couldn't stop.  I would KEEP drinking until I reached the point that I either ran out of alchol, or passed out.  This was on a regular basis.  Personally...I had to quit all alcohol completely because I simply couldn't moderate my use at all and it was affecting those who I loved most in a negative way. 

Maybe you should just try taking a break from the alcohol for awhile if you are worried that it is having a negative impact on your life.  This could be hard because you have friends who drink and your working envirnment, but it might be beneficial to just take a break from drinking. 

You've already taken great steps so far.  It will just take some committment and will power to try and refrain from accepting a drink with alcohol in it from your friends and such.  Maybe you can tell your friends (in a nice way of course) to lay off the criticism about you not drinking for awhile.  If anything, they should respect and support your decision to either cut back from alcohol, or quit completely. 

In the end, its up to knowing yourself and whats best for you.  :heart:

Good luck

*me*

InvisibleGalvie_Flu
 User Gallery

#2482242 - 03/29/04 10:55 PM (20 years, 4 days ago)

i've seen the full potential of alcohol on 2 24oz cans of Steel Reserve 8%

it sucks alcohol doesnt feel good

Invisible40oz
 User Gallery

Loc: Sandy Eggo. Ca.
    #2482728 - 03/30/04 03:01 AM (20 years, 3 days ago)

:sad: :sad: :sad:

--------------------
:pacman: - - - -  :pill: :mushroom2: :pill2: :mushroom2: :regularshroom: :mushroomgrow: :pill: :pill2: :mushroom2: :poison:

:sun::heart::sun:

tiny_rabid_birds said:
"your avatar is dirty."

InvisibleSuffer
puter dork
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: MA
    #2483314 - 03/30/04 10:52 AM (20 years, 3 days ago)

Quote:

If I just cut back will that help or will I have to stop all together?

This is something that is ENTIRELY up to you. Some people can cut back and be ok... not over indulge, others... well... cant. The key factor in my opinion would be for you to try cutting back. Be brutaly honest with yourself. If your "cutting back" and your still not satisfied with your drinking habbit, then obviously you need to quit all together. For some people AA works... Ive never been, but if you are serious about getting off the alky... think about it. Or just keep talking to us... let us know whats going on. You are definatly not alone... Alcoholisom is running rampent in our world. Have faith... you will do the right thing.

--------------------

InvisibleArmFromTheAbyss
Old Hand

Loc: Down here in Babylon
Re: I think I have a drinking problem... [Re: Suffer]
    #2484246 - 03/30/04 03:58 PM (20 years, 3 days ago)

I'm one of those people that can't cut back.

IME, once you're ADDICTED to alcohol, you'll never be able to quit by cutting back. I'd suggest quitting totally. If you can do this for maybe 2 weeks you can break your alcohol addiction... then maybe cut back.  I know you can do it Gillete. I did it, however, I used weed to compensate for not getting drunk.

Quit before you get too deep into it. It will only get harder to do; alcohol addiction is something that can resurface randomly in times of high stress. Get out while you still can, it will be difficult... but it's a test of survival. You will live.  :laugh:

--------------------

InvisibleJared
Stranger
Folding@home Statistics
Deleted [Re: Gillette]
    #2486232 - 03/31/04 02:44 AM (20 years, 2 days ago)

Content Removed.

Edited by Jared (04/01/04 02:09 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom