Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale, Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]
Re: Why New Agers/Spiritualists are Probably the Most Useless People in the World [Re: Rocket]
    #22809069 -

Rocket said:
You should love those even though they hate you?



Love thy enemy.  Because to defeat your enemy you have to know your enemy. And when you really know your enemy, get inside their head, think they way they do and adopt their perspective you become your enemy and then you cannot help but love them in the way you love yourself.  And that is the moment when you can crush them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why New Agers/Spiritualists are Probably the Most Useless People in the World [Re: Rocket]
    #22809082 -

You should do whatever you will. It is obvious that neither you nor I are enlightened, but nonetheless I can conceptualize and understand what this "love" means. It is not soppy, hippie love. It means total acceptance of what is. I had a taste of that in one hell of a trip a month ago and that we are like a fractal of the whole universe and thus hold within ourselves everything that goes with duality, evil/good, love/hate, etc... Enlightenment means the communion of all that is dual, true acceptance which is true universal love.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why New Agers/Spiritualists are Probably the Most Useless People in the World [Re: DieCommie]
    #22809169 -

Nah, all you have to do is defeat them. For example, the stranger that comes into your house and try's to harm you or your family. You don't have to know or love them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why New Agers/Spiritualists are Probably the Most Useless People in the World [Re: Kinko]
    #22809419 -

Enjoy this....


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why New Agers/Spiritualists are Probably the Most Useless People in the World [Re: wakeINpeople]
    #22809800 -

Why stereotyping people (by c'n'p'ing a comic and quote) is easier than actually using your brain.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why New Agers/Spiritualists are Probably the Most Useless People in the World [Re: SoupSandwich]
    #22810266 -

that barbara ehrenreich book in the article has been on my reading list for years.


--------------------
I'm up to my ears in unwritten words. - J.D. Salinger

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why New Agers/Spiritualists are Probably the Most Useless People in the World [Re: millzy]
    #22810433 -

Someone on this site once said..."There is a fine line between enlightenment and psychosis". I wouldn't totally discount the new agers...some of them actually try to help change by rallying against certain injustices ...like corporate greed or Monsanto...even the tree huggers at Peta have a cause. I struggle with this because my girlfriend is one..lol, and I was basically a red neck country boy. We do learn from each other....after all, we're all here together.
I guess my point is that there are many like me who are in the gray area between spiritualism and steadfast scientific theorism....I actually enjoy where I am and it is a blessing to "not have to be right" all the time...To realize that there is more going on around us than can be proven on paper.


--------------------
Look Deep Into Nature,and Then You Will Understand Everything Better.

Albert Einstein

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why New Agers/Spiritualists are Probably the Most Useless People in the World [Re: morrowasted] * 3
    #22810584 -

You mean, more useless than summing up how you feel with a lame cartoon panel (that someone else made), and then finish it with a quote (that someone else said), on a practically anonymous internet forum dedicated to growing shrooms?

That redefines the word.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why New Agers/Spiritualists are Probably the Most Useless People in the World [Re: abltsandwich]
    #22810806 -

Even if u think religion is poison and it's 100% rubbish, yoga and meditation are both incredibly powerful and I have had very "spiritual" realizations upon using them daily. They are not solutions to every problem. But I def think if meditation and yoga were taught in school the same way exercise is taught in pe class, the world would change

We need to look into ourselves as first world country citizens and wake up to the damage we are doing and actually attempt to reduce our consumption

That being said, a lot of new age stuff is bs

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why New Agers/Spiritualists are Probably the Most Useless People in the World [Re: abltsandwich]
    #22810814 -

abltsandwich said:
You mean, more useless than summing up how you feel with a lame cartoon panel (that someone else made), and then finish it with a quote (that someone else said), on a practically anonymous internet forum dedicated to growing shrooms?

That redefines the word.



I loled to this so hard

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why New Agers/Spiritualists are Probably the Most Useless People in the World [Re: DieCommie]
    #22810883 -

DieCommie said:
The concept of "truth" in and of itself is not meaningful and a self-serving distraction.  "Truth" is for the weak.  The only time I hold a truth is under a set of postulates are are assumed for the sake of the truth.  It is, by construction, narrow in cope.



excellent post.

what most call absolute truth, is really just binary predilections, accepted as mainstream. absolute truth is a placeholder.

people will believe only what they want to believe.

in a place where everyone's will is indefinitely their own, no one understands anyone else.

we all hold each other to a standard. that's ethics. we decide what's right for ourselves, and that's freedom...and even the big time America house-dogs whom bark in the name of freedom cannot even grasp this concept.

but i'm only convincing people like Throbbing Gristle. i subscribe to the notion that nothing can be absolute truth...that's probably why one can spot so many logical blunders, because people try to permit themselves to use logic to abrogate and abhor the truth, rather fix problems given to them as an objective truth...coming up with reasoned solutions and then moving on, forging the logic to substantiate the next problem; which is the only point: other than that, what have we but ethics? deciding what is right and wrong, using deductive reasoning, according to what problems subjectively present themselves in the culture.

Edited by akira_akuma (01/22/16 12:54 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why New Agers/Spiritualists are Probably the Most Useless People in the World [Re: Thayendanegea]
    #22811462 -

Thayendanegea said:
Someone on this site once said..."There is a fine line between enlightenment and psychosis". I wouldn't totally discount the new agers...some of them actually try to help change by rallying against certain injustices ...like corporate greed or Monsanto...even the tree huggers at Peta have a cause. I struggle with this because my girlfriend is one..lol, and I was basically a red neck country boy. We do learn from each other....after all, we're all here together.
I guess my point is that there are many like me who are in the gray area between spiritualism and steadfast scientific theorism....I actually enjoy where I am and it is a blessing to "not have to be right" all the time...To realize that there is more going on around us than can be proven on paper.



issues like corporate dominion and environmental stewardship in the face of globalization transcend new age circles; anyone with any sense realizes that those are real problems the world is facing, regardless of their point of view. what op seems to be getting at is this sort of hippy-dippy world view that puts positive thinking before any other set of emotions tends to obscure existential clarity. sometimes being angry, sad or depressed are valid responses to what life throws at us, and in fact may be necessary emotions to work through in order to overcome those obstacles.

here's an example: some good friends' only son was murdered earlier this week. what amount of yoga, meditation and sun worship is going to help them move on from this horrible tragedy? is telling them "everything happens for a reason," truly helpful? the ugly fact of the matter is that these two poor souls are going to have to work through an inescapable deluge of emotions and confusion for a very long time in order to find peace with the fact that the person they brought into the world has been taken from them.

you may think to yourself "okay, so maybe positive thinking doesn't work in all scenarios, especially extreme ones like the case you're using millzy". fair enough. let's apply the same logic to someone like myself who is currently working a job in which he is undervalued, underpaid and overworked, with no potential for advancement, ever. what amount of yoga, meditation and sun worship is going to help me move into a position in which i am valued, paid well and allowed to pursue what i deem to be the good life? the ugly fact of the matter is that if i want to change my employment situation, i'm going to have to update my resume, buy myself a suit, apply for jobs and get my fat ass out there talking to companies who might give me an opportunity to prove myself to them.

positivity is not a state of mind; it's a state of being. ultimately, our progress in life boils down to what we do. it's okay to practice yoga, meditate and devote yourself to a spiritual path. but if that's all you're doing to address your problems, you're not making progress.

as far as living a spiritual but grounded life goes, there's room for both. you can be open to the mysteries of the world while acknowledging that we may know a few things about it. you just have to think it through. and if you think things through, you'll realize that having good opinions about anything means that you hold a belief that speaks to an aspect of the truth of that thing. as long as you avoid believing that your opinions are the truth, then you'll be in a place to where you can change your mind in order to form superior opinions in light of whatever new information you're presented.

Edited by millzy (01/22/16 03:07 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why New Agers/Spiritualists are Probably the Most Useless People in the World [Re: DieCommie]
    #22811611 -

DieCommie said:
The concept of "truth" in and of itself is not meaningful and a self-serving distraction.  "Truth" is for the weak.  The only time I hold a truth is under a set of postulates are are assumed for the sake of the truth.  It is, by construction, narrow in cope.



you seem to be confusing the term "truth" for "opinion", which is a belief about truth. opinions can be faulty and therefore weak-minded and self serving. but truth must exist in order for us to believe anything about it. really, truth is all there is, all that is. whether or not we choose to clearly see any aspect of truth - at least as far as we are capable of seeing - is a matter of our attitudes towards how we hold our opinions. in my view, the wiser seem to want to cling less to most of their opinions.


--------------------
I'm up to my ears in unwritten words. - J.D. Salinger

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why New Agers/Spiritualists are Probably the Most Useless People in the World [Re: abltsandwich]
    #22812272 -

abltsandwich said:
You mean, more useless than summing up how you feel with a lame cartoon panel (that someone else made), and then finish it with a quote (that someone else said), on a practically anonymous internet forum dedicated to growing shrooms?

That redefines the word.



Yes, actually. At least I am spreading consciousness of a real phenomenon. If you look through my posting history, I've been talking about this issue for quite a while. What do you expect me to do? Beat New Agers up? I found a good article/cartoon relevant to what I have already talked about previously many times and reposted it

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why New Agers/Spiritualists are Probably the Most Useless People in the World [Re: morrowasted]
    #22812282 -

Ecstasy requires exploration. The nexus is electrified with vibrations. This life is nothing short of an awakening oasis of conscious chi. Insight is the nature of spacetime, and of us. You will soon be reborn by a power deep within yourself — a power that is holistic, authentic. Astral projection may be the solution to what’s holding you back from a jaw-dropping current of empathy. As you vibrate, you will enter into infinite will that transcends understanding.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why New Agers/Spiritualists are Probably the Most Useless People in the World [Re: millzy]
    #22812847 -

XLCaps said:
Ecstasy requires exploration. The nexus is electrified with vibrations. This life is nothing short of an awakening oasis of conscious chi. Insight is the nature of spacetime, and of us. You will soon be reborn by a power deep within yourself — a power that is holistic, authentic. Astral projection may be the solution to what’s holding you back from a jaw-dropping current of empathy. As you vibrate, you will enter into infinite will that transcends understanding.



:thumbup:

this cracked me up

millzy said:
Thayendanegea said:
Someone on this site once said..."There is a fine line between enlightenment and psychosis". I wouldn't totally discount the new agers...some of them actually try to help change by rallying against certain injustices ...like corporate greed or Monsanto...even the tree huggers at Peta have a cause. I struggle with this because my girlfriend is one..lol, and I was basically a red neck country boy. We do learn from each other....after all, we're all here together.
I guess my point is that there are many like me who are in the gray area between spiritualism and steadfast scientific theorism....I actually enjoy where I am and it is a blessing to "not have to be right" all the time...To realize that there is more going on around us than can be proven on paper.



issues like corporate dominion and environmental stewardship in the face of globalization transcend new age circles; anyone with any sense realizes that those are real problems the world is facing, regardless of their point of view. what op seems to be getting at is this sort of hippy-dippy world view that puts positive thinking before any other set of emotions tends to obscure existential clarity. sometimes being angry, sad or depressed are valid responses to what life throws at us, and in fact may be necessary emotions to work through in order to overcome those obstacles.

here's an example: some good friends' only son was murdered earlier this week. what amount of yoga, meditation and sun worship is going to help them move on from this horrible tragedy? is telling them "everything happens for a reason," truly helpful? the ugly fact of the matter is that these two poor souls are going to have to work through an inescapable deluge of emotions and confusion for a very long time in order to find peace with the fact that the person they brought into the world has been taken from them.

you may think to yourself "okay, so maybe positive thinking doesn't work in all scenarios, especially extreme ones like the case you're using millzy". fair enough. let's apply the same logic to someone like myself who is currently working a job in which he is undervalued, underpaid and overworked, with no potential for advancement, ever. what amount of yoga, meditation and sun worship is going to help me move into a position in which i am valued, paid well and allowed to pursue what i deem to be the good life? the ugly fact of the matter is that if i want to change my employment situation, i'm going to have to update my resume, buy myself a suit, apply for jobs and get my fat ass out there talking to companies who might give me an opportunity to prove myself to them.

positivity is not a state of mind; it's a state of being. ultimately, our progress in life boils down to what we do. it's okay to practice yoga, meditate and devote yourself to a spiritual path. but if that's all you're doing to address your problems, you're not making progress.

as far as living a spiritual but grounded life goes, there's room for both. you can be open to the mysteries of the world while acknowledging that we may know a few things about it. you just have to think it through. and if you think things through, you'll realize that having good opinions about anything means that you hold a belief that speaks to an aspect of the truth of that thing. as long as you avoid believing that your opinions are the truth, then you'll be in a place to where you can change your mind in order to form superior opinions in light of whatever new information you're presented.



Well no matter what, yoga and meditation help slightly. and I have had some pretty damn horrible moments

I could get into the details but I have thought of just killing myself too many times to count. Has yoga and meditation alleviated that? Sort of? I am still depressed at times, and I am not BUBBLING with energy. But going from suicidal thoughts first thing in the morning to actually being able to smile occasisionally without taking stims or getting drunk and actually feeling "okay" is basically worth a billion dollars to me. It wont help your buddy become a ball of sunshine, or even give him the reason for his suffering. It would prolly just let him function at work a little better. And that to me (when I was going to through rough times) is what makes yoga/meditation almost priceless. I garuntee you that I will do yoga and meditation almost daily forever till death

I am not some bubbly cunt who is saying that yoga and meditation is the meaning of life, but they have had a PROFOUNDLY positive effect on how I process reality

Also; I agree with the rest of your post. but 1 hour of yoga and meditation has helped me do things so to speak. Get out there, talk to women, make the most of my waking hours. It has boiled over into every area of life. I am not excelling, but I am "okay". If I had not found yoga, I would have killed myself with 100% certainty

and that last paragraph is pretty solid. I agree

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why New Agers/Spiritualists are Probably the Most Useless People in the World [Re: topdog82]
    #22812872 -

i'm not telling you to not do anything that makes you feel better. but i'd like to point out that you're not just doing yoga and meditation. you're getting out there and making the most of your time. the argument morrow's blog post is making is about people who believe that they can essentially wish the bad things in their lives away without putting in any other sort of work.

i'm glad you're still with us. dealing with death on the level i have this week, it makes me glad to know that anyone, even a stranger on the internet, has taken steps to try to hold out here. i'm sure there are people who would miss you if you were gone. dwell on that, and work from there.

:hug:


--------------------
I'm up to my ears in unwritten words. - J.D. Salinger

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why New Agers/Spiritualists are Probably the Most Useless People in the World [Re: millzy]
    #22812905 -

millzy said:
i'm not telling you to not do anything that makes you feel better. but i'd like to point out that you're not just doing yoga and meditation. you're getting out there and making the most of your time. the argument morrow's blog post is making is about people who believe that they can essentially wish the bad things in their lives away without putting in any other sort of work.

i'm glad you're still with us. dealing with death on the level i have this week, it makes me glad to know that anyone, even a stranger on the internet, has taken steps to try to hold out here. i'm sure there are people who would miss you if you were gone. dwell on that, and work from there.

:hug:



:thumbup:

Suicide is some fucked shit. Sorry to hear about your buddy. Thats a lot to deal with :heart:. And ya meditation and yoga helped me pretty much just stay on the point right before I was going to start considering death. Like if 1-10 was a scale of emotion, and 2 or 3 was where I was considering death and 1 was certain suicide, yoga and meditation helped me feel a solid 3.5-5ish. Which like I said is worth basically thousands if not millions to me

I had a job interview the other day and a few years ago I would have gotten a panic attack on the spot. But the interviewer told me I did great and gave me a callback because I was "calm". Crazy...I never thought I could pull something off like that. I literally felt 0 stress

Anyways back on topic; a lot of new agey people get pretty stupid quickly. The quickest way I tell is that they identify themselves with it, and talk about it and dress it. I am just a preppily dressed dude. outwardly I look pretty normal. If anything I look nerdy/dorky. But a lot of people dye their hair, wear native american stuff, cover their instagram with emoji's that imply psychedelics and love and then call themselves "awakened" and constantly complain about how others aren't awakened. Like da fuck

A lot of them at my school have no clue the purpose of meditation at all. I think they just sit with thier eyes closed still just thinking as normal with no "mindfulness"? And a lot of them are not well read at all

IMO if you are going to build your entire identity around a set of ideas, it is probably smart to understand that shit

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why New Agers/Spiritualists are Probably the Most Useless People in the World [Re: DieCommie]
    #22813355 -

DieCommie said:
Kinko said:
Well they make more sense than any religion would you not agree ?



I don't.  A spiritualist is just a religious person with an unpopular religion.  Once their bull gets popular it becomes a religion. 

They don't make more sense, but they are less dangerous only because their beliefs are not popular enough to reach a critical mass.




they are not less dangerous. they just arent in a popular group

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why New Agers/Spiritualists are Probably the Most Useless People in the World [Re: morrowasted] * 1
    #22813831 -

morrowasted said:
abltsandwich said:
You mean, more useless than summing up how you feel with a lame cartoon panel (that someone else made), and then finish it with a quote (that someone else said), on a practically anonymous internet forum dedicated to growing shrooms?

That redefines the word.



Yes, actually. At least I am spreading consciousness of a real phenomenon. If you look through my posting history, I've been talking about this issue for quite a while. What do you expect me to do? Beat New Agers up? I found a good article/cartoon relevant to what I have already talked about previously many times and reposted it



It's far too broad to call it all 'new age' - you are blanketing people who simply feel that their thoughts bend their creation and reality... with people who think the moon is a giant magnet that was put here by Egyptian aliens who built the reptilian pyramids. You would lump people who meditate and are devoted to discovering their inner influences of their subconscious and superconscious on their thinking mind - with those who think Mt. Shasta is a hollow volcano filled with gold hoarding space traveling lemurians.
New age is simply far too broad of a term to swath over it, there is excellent knowledge - even very pragmatic knowledge - to be gleaned in the right corners of the hoarding mass of confusion. One who is very thoroughly skilled in the self-mind-control arts taught by the true 'masters' will unlock an innate gift far surpassing anything else on the planet. And if not truly dedicated, or a 'master' as 99.9% aren't - yoga, meditation, etc. rarely ever negatively influences ones life. Yoga is the only reason I'm able to even sit at a computer for several hours straight anymore. :lol:


--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale, Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Who's "Happier"? : Spiritualists or Non-Spiritualists
( 1 2 all )
Syle 2,679 21 05/05/09 04:30 PM
by Syle
* An Inconvenient Truth
( 1 2 3 all )
Liz 4,215 46 06/27/06 09:08 PM
by EmperorKuzco
* useless facts learned from Seinfeld
( 1 2 all )
samueljackson 3,514 21 01/08/06 09:36 PM
by RandalFlagg
* I watched an Inconvenient Truth last night...
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
OneMoreRobot3021 6,817 88 01/12/07 07:06 PM
by RipVanWinkle
* Let's play a game: 2 Truths, 1 Lie
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 all )
Abudiwa 9,552 152 04/07/06 10:02 PM
by inv3rse
* Truth™! Is not just some liberal, cutesy, fascist anti-smoking media campaign: PapaverS 1,377 10 09/26/06 10:42 AM
by Clean
* Truth
( 1 2 all )
trendalM 4,212 28 06/15/05 10:18 PM
by vampirism
* Construction construction construction MOTH 710 4 04/14/04 02:28 PM
by MOTH

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,969 topic views. 4 members, 35 guests and 296 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 18 queries.