Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineScarfmeister
Thrill Seeker
Loc: The will to power
Creation of the universe
    #2240309 - 01/13/04 08:31 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

So give me some of your theories as to how the universe was created! Something must have set it all in motion. Where did the first particles come from that was the beginning of the big bang if there ever was such a thing.

Has there been tests that prove particles can be created out of a complete vacuum?

Anyone?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibletrendalM Happy Birthday!
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
Re: Creation of the universe [Re: Scarfmeister]
    #2240327 - 01/13/04 08:37 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Well personally I don't think the universe was created...but that it came into it's current form of existence in a Big Bang-like event sometime in the past. It may be that before that the universe existed exactly as it does now before it collapsed nearly into a singularity and then "bounced back" in the Big Bang.

Has there been tests that prove particles can be created out of a complete vacuum?
Well actually, the vacuum is always full of "virtual particles" which are constantly created and destroyed. A particle/anti-particle pair is created by borrowing energy from the vacuum. This energy has to be quickly repaid, and is so when the particles annihilate eachother moments later. This constant creation/destruction/creation of particles goes on at all points of spacetime and is actually the cause of a significant ammount of radio/tv static!

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

OfflineDeiymiyan
I AM

Loc: Within the Realm of Imagi...
    #2240335 - 01/13/04 08:38 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

If the 'vaccum' was there first, then the matter could have been introduced from elsewhere...

If the vaccum was contained in a 10-D system, then the matter came from the 11th-D... Perhaps?

--------------------

Dei Gratia de integro,

Veni Vidi Vici:

In Nomine Domini..

Offlinemanna_man
High onlife.....andcrack

Loc: Vancouver
    #2240690 - 01/14/04 12:50 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

My theory, actually more of a drug induced thought that I had:

The universe was not created in the traditional way that we think of creation ( first there was nothing, then there was something), but more it has always existed.
However, one would probably say that it would be impossible for the universe to have existed forever, because if it did, it would take forever to arrive to present time.

Therefore, we have to think of time in a different manner. We must not visualize "time" as a line with a beginning and an end (point A and point B), but more as a continuous circle, no beginning and no end.

Since everything in the universe obeys the law of cause and effect, it seems very improbable that there can be some sort of self-activated spark (big-bang, God, etc) that began everything. The theory of time moving in a circle, overlapping and repeating itself, eliminates the need for any cause at all.

--------------------
This post is protected under copyrite law.All above content is strictly the property of ?manna_man.Any infringement of copyright property is strictly prohibited.Any violators will be stretched, shot, and then vaporized into a state of anti-matter, where they will cease to exist.

Offlinecybrbeast
Up, then down, then...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: event horizon
Re: Creation of the universe [Re: Deiymiyan]
    #2240714 - 01/14/04 12:59 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I think string theory says something like this; two (mem)branes colliding in multidimensional space created the big bang which has three spatial and one time dimension. The collision also set all the values values like the energy of an electron etc.
In the multidemensional space it's possible that new universes are created all the time with different dimensions and values.

plz correct me if I'm wrong.

--------------------
futuretribe.space

OfflineEvilGir
Im the on coming storm

Loc: Planet Irk
Re: Creation of the universe [Re: cybrbeast]
    #2241031 - 01/14/04 07:13 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

>I think string theory says something like this; two (mem)branes colliding in multidimensional space created the big bang which has three spatial and one time dimension. The collision also set all the values values like the energy of an electron etc.
In the multidemensional space it's possible that new universes are created all the time with different dimensions and values.

dosent string theory predict up to 11 dimensions exist, with multiple universes.

--------------------
Fighting the man the best way I can.

Offlinecybrbeast
Up, then down, then...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: event horizon
Re: Creation of the universe [Re: EvilGir]
    #2241788 - 01/14/04 01:42 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah something like that. But that doesn't conflict with what I said..

OfflineSole_Worthy
Stranger

Loc: over here
Re: Creation of the universe [Re: manna_man]
    #2243504 - 01/15/04 08:14 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I was gonna say the same thing manna man, but you said it better :laugh:

I just don't think we can comprehend there being no beggining, that it has always been here, ya know? It's hard to accept that "it is" when we like to ask why.

--------------------
get it all together get like birds of a feather

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom