Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
the neutral flow, without comparison
    #2115488 - 11/17/03 09:26 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

first I'd like to point out coincidences as they are here constantly and are fun to point out.  there have been numerous posts here concerning life and death and the emphasis we put on both.  I shroomed a couple of days ago, and if there ever was a "theme" that I experienced, it was exactly on this.

as the days have passed it has become more and more apparent to me that we put the emphasis on life and what happens while we are awake and asleep. I've done some posts before saying how great life was and such, and while it is miraculous, it's only THAT great because I made that judgement.

while I'll feel good for a little bit, I noticed as well my energy is drained.  because I put judgement upon whatever it was, thus my ego kicks in, my rational mind takes over from there, and I lost the clarity that I had for that split second.

the mind is constant in it's babble, whether for good or bad, it's babble is energy draining.

I noticed neutrality has a flow, and in this flow is clarity, and with this clarity is a feeling i cannot explain.  words can't be used. anyone else who may have some input on this, pleeease do so :smile:

I noticed I make a lot of comparisons, as even in the post I have done a couple, as the clarity has also left me. I know clairty only because I compare it to when my mind is in it's psycho-babble.  I only notice others being rude, when I compare it to others I think are being respectful.  I notice those who follow, only follow because I can see who may or may not be leading.  And so my mind judges, and it takes me away from where I want to be.

maybe I can explain in another way.  everything changes all the time.  those that might be "rude" one day may be respectful that same day.  I am an outside observer, and I may or may not know the situation at hand, and therefore being rude or being respectful is only a judgement in itself, and shouldn't be totally applied to that person.

see what I'm saying, about life and death, and comparisons we have?  the good days and the bad days, are only judgements. 

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinethe universe
Harbinger ofEldritch Despair
Male

Loc: Under your bed
Re: the neutral flow, without comparison [Re: kaiowas]
    #2115543 - 11/17/03 10:11 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Right on brutha, I feel ya. In my opinion value placement is a human need and you can't escape it nor should you. It's what makes you an actual force in the universe. Of course you should allways keep things in perspective by realizing your opinions aren't the end all be all of realities laws. Not even your judgements on the arbitraryness of judgements. Everything you believe could easily be dead wrong. Don't forget that, but realize the need for values.
That's what I think, anyway.

--------------------
"If you had a million years to do it in, you couldn't rub out even half the 'Fuck you' signs in the world."- J. D. Salinger

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Re: the neutral flow, without comparison [Re: the universe]
    #2118206 - 11/17/03 10:34 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

what need for values?  examples???  I'd jsut like to hear what your thinking that's all :smile:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

Offlinethe universe
Male

#2119172 - 11/18/03 09:08 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

If you don't value anything what reason do you have to live? If you don't find anything important then you don't care about anything, and then you become worthless. Without values, disease sets in; such as alcholism or other self-destructive behaviour. To be a healthy, fuctional person you have to have values. That's what I mean by a need for values.
Some eastern philosphies would have you believe that the highest state of spiritual purity you can achieve would be losing all desires and judgements. This I believe is false. The fact that they judge this spiritual state as being desirable helps my point.
Do you see what I'm saying?
Are you pickin' up what I'm puttin' down?
Can ya' dig it?

--------------------
"If you had a million years to do it in, you couldn't rub out even half the 'Fuck you' signs in the world."- J. D. Salinger

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Re: the neutral flow, without comparison [Re: the universe]
    #2120666 - 11/18/03 07:39 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I dig :smile:

--------------------

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

#2124516 - 11/20/03 09:14 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

isn'tthe highest state of spiritual purity just another comparison??

you would know a higher state only because you can compare that to a "lower state"

still jsut judgements. doesn't have to affect the values. I can still have values, but I jsut know what they are I suppose.

--------------------

Offlinethe universe
Male

#2125762 - 11/20/03 08:25 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

You see, it's so natural for humans to place values and judgements on things that we can't even escape it when trying to disuss such things.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology