Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: Relinquishing Judgement [Re: LunarEclipse]
    #6096187 -

I forgot to vote in the last few elections. :tongue:


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Relinquishing Judgement [Re: Icelander]
    #6096227 -

I will note one thing. Being overconcerned with politics can be a distraction that feeds negative impulses, BUT the political climate does affect your way of life. When one does not vote they are becoming a leaf at the mercy of the wind. I used to not vote, but the last election I did. It is our only valid way of political expression...like it or not.


--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Relinquishing Judgement [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #6096260 -

Not if you do not consider the choices a choice. I choose not to support this kind of process, and I accept the consequences of my choice.


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Relinquishing Judgement [Re: Icelander]
    #6096263 -

Yes, but if a different choice had been made in the last election maybe we would not be at war. Each to his own.


--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Relinquishing Judgement [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #6096318 -

Maybe worse. :wink: Better to mind ones own business unless you have a crystal ball. To each his own.  :mushroom2:


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Relinquishing Judgement [Re: Icelander]
    #6096968 -

Yeah, I did not vote either. :shrug: The propaganda campaign to get everyone voting was a strong deterrent, in fact.

:earth: :sun: :headbang: :levitate:
Peace. :mushroom2:


--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Relinquishing Judgement [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #6098004 -

Quote:
This now is the the problem. When I am away from these people (at home or with friends) I judge them most harshly...just as I have been doing here. The very thought of this ignorance being in my presence cuts me to the bone. I secretly see these people as stupid, judgemental (funny as I too am judgemental), and intellectually my inferior in every way. I do not treat them this way. I am always respectful, helpful, and friendly, but inside I am being confronted with massive self importance due to the secret offense that I take at this whole subculture's mindset. Understanding this is one of my lifes biggest challenges right now.



I haven't read the thread, other than your original post... apologies if I am repeating what others have said... I have been where you are... and still am to a certain extent... the following is based upon my own experiences and self observation... they may not apply to you.

> I judge them most harshly...

The ego judges... when I realize that I am judging another, I go back to meditation techniques... let go of what I am doing, don't scold myself for what I am doing, rather, I simply let go.

I suspect that I judge others as a means to support my own beliefs. The more I can belittle anothers opposing faith, the more likely my own faith is to be correct, at least in my mind. Again, the ego...

> but inside I am being confronted with massive self importance

Exactly... the self importance is the reward the ego gives itself... of course, this leads into a nasty trap... the only way to feel self important, thus self confident, is at the expense of others failings.

> funny as I too am judgemental

Use this as a tool to overcome your obstacle. Just as I see failings in other people, I have my own failings that other people will see in me. I can condemn others for their failings, or I can find compassion knowing that I, too, am far from perfect.


--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Relinquishing Judgement [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #6098045 -

Huehuecoyotl said:




the vote needs to have the double blind test layer that science has
there has to be a control set to the test.
i.e. the voting machines are supposedly rigged, this has emerged in an analysis of the voting entry polls.

therefore, we need another way of voting
so that people vote twice,
once into a government repository (as is) and once into a public and open repository (more like the shroomery system) as a control.
a standard deviation can be tolerated to a point
and a dynamic way of adjustment without huge cost has to be possible with verification against 3rd part audited entry polls etc.

I have high hopes that this type of conference board may one day save the idea of democracy, which is currently being pirated away by the polls processing equipment contractors and their government cronies.

did you see this
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8112825559202389150&pr=goog-sl
astonishing
simply astonishing that it has not lead to impeachment
watch to the end it becomes outrageously incriminating.


--------------------
:brainfart: _ :finger:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Relinquishing Judgement [Re: redgreenvines]
    #6098250 -

That video was pretty amazing yet totally predictable. The trend of course is to more of the electronic voting machines with no paper trail to assure the spread of let's just say "questionable" election results.

Compare Deep Throat and the Watergate bugging and the media and public outrage compared to today's world where someone admits getting paid by a top official to write software likely used to rig the biggest election of them all and the only "press" coverage is some video on the internet.


--------------------
Anxiety is what you make it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Relinquishing Judgement [Re: LunarEclipse]
    #6100737 -

so truth remains stranger than your wildest hallucinations.
& it is already a police state, with big brother media all the time
& even with the right to bear arms, nobody has a fair chance?
especially with the right to bear arms!


--------------------
:brainfart: _ :finger:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Relinquishing Judgement [Re: Seuss]
    #6105313 -

That was a great reply. I am making myself more aware of when I judge, and trying not to judge myself for it. I realize that these folks will not come into compliance with my thought. Normally the self importance WOULD make me more confident, but since I am trying to rid myself of it I start seeing it as a failing. How can I not judge others when I judge even myself? :smile: My reason for posting this was to acheive self honesty. If I admit this to others it becomes true to myself. Hopefully the realization of this truth will have an impact on me.


--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Relinquishing Judgement [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #6109220 -

Quote:
When I am away from these people (at home or with friends) I judge them most harshly...just as I have been doing here. The very thought of this ignorance being in my presence cuts me to the bone.



You know, if you redirect it to the funny bone it often tickles. But hmmmm, channeling your energy to the Heart Chakra (possibly w/ mantra... Hum) can allow for the vantage point of seeing judgements as karma running off. -CJ


--------------------
Everything is better than it was the last time.  I'm good.

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

It takes a lot of courage to go out there and radiate your essence.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Relinquishing Judgement [Re: CosmicJoke]
    #6131050 -

Where can I learn about this energy channeling?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Discernment is Dispassion is Non-Attachment is Nirvana
( 1 2 all )
Chronic7 1,682 20 01/28/09 10:36 PM
by C.M. Mann
* A widespread subculture : Euphoriacs and their euphoriants. Psiloman 1,080 10 06/10/05 02:58 AM
by Psiloman
* what do ya'll think about this "judgement" ?? kaiowas 1,134 12 11/23/03 03:01 PM
by MAIA
* where does judgement play??? kaiowas 1,125 8 12/15/03 10:25 AM
by Frog
* Judgement & Spirituality
( 1 2 all )
Chronic7 3,630 24 04/20/08 10:49 AM
by psyka
* Can logical reason take the place of emotional judgement?
( 1 2 all )
trendalM 5,547 37 06/12/03 02:11 PM
by castaway
* Observation without judgement
( 1 2 all )
moog 2,911 22 07/16/05 01:03 PM
by redgreenvines
* judgement Huehuecoyotl 1,584 10 06/27/06 10:15 AM
by BlueCoyote

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
2,934 topic views. 0 members, 3 guests and 9 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.024 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 15 queries.