Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Seizures Mushrooms and Epilepsy *DELETED*
    #20650346 -

Post deleted by Madcap

Reason for deletion: old



--------------------
This is the strangest life I've ever known.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Seizures Mushrooms and Epilepsy [Re: Madcap]
    #20650894 -

BUMP

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Seizures Mushrooms and Epilepsy [Re: Madcap]
    #20651653 -

1.  no

2.  I wouldn't do it

3.  refer to #2

4.  :shrug:  I guess it depends on how bad it is.  id say lay off the caffeine altogether, but keep smoking the green.  I don't think weed needs to be used everyday to decrease number of seizures nor does taking one day off cause one. 

did your doctor tell you to stop the meds?


--------------------
:leaf::leaf:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Seizures Mushrooms and Epilepsy [Re: Shroomin Capote]
    #20654355 -

Thanks for your reply.

Yes my doctor told me I could go off meds. We both felt that I was safe from having another seizure. I am now back on anti-epileptic medication.

Regarding my questions

"I wouldn't do it" doesn't really satisfy as an answer. I am looking for more specific information on this subject, as I'm sure there are many others searching for answers also. Are there any members out there with Epilepsy who still enjoy a regular trip?

The last thing I want to be told is that I can no longer partake in my transcendental rituals!

Any information on this subject is GREATLY appreciated!


--------------------
This is the strangest life I've ever known.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Seizures Mushrooms and Epilepsy [Re: Madcap]
    #20654774 -

if google doesn't answer that Q idk if anyone here could answer it.  one person may be able to get away with doing things to their mind/body that others couldn't.  however, I have a friend who was diagnosed with epilepsy at a very young age.  he hasn't seized since he was like 4 and only tripped once last year.  so idk

but no one will recommend taking psychs with any meds like that


--------------------
:leaf::leaf:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Seizures Mushrooms and Epilepsy [Re: Shroomin Capote]
    #20654838 -

Fair enough...I see that dozens of similar questions have been asked but also to no avail...

I suppose there is only one way to find out ones own limits.


--------------------
This is the strangest life I've ever known.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Seizures Mushrooms and Epilepsy [Re: Madcap]
    #20654850 -

it may be a bit of a stretch, but you could try to ask, via email, a doctor working in the field of psychedelics.  like dr robin carhart-harris, david nut, david e. Nichols, dennis McKenna, etc...  ive emailed them before and they surprisingly responded.


--------------------
:leaf::leaf:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Seizures Mushrooms and Epilepsy [Re: Shroomin Capote]
    #20654889 -

Could be stopping the THC with it being an antispasmodic which can help control epilepsy for some people. At a guess, since these meds will be having an effect on your brain chem it's entirely possible a negative interaction could occur. Epilepsy's such a complex condition and seizure triggers can be varied so it'd be hard to tell if one person will be ok with something when another wouldn't.

Edited by asterical (10/05/14 03:19 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Seizures Mushrooms and Epilepsy [Re: Madcap]
    #20810371 -

Thank you for your replies. Though I still have not found a proper answer to my question, I have decided to try tripping again, starting low and working my way up. So far I have had another 6 successful trips and am now quite sure they are not the trigger of my problems. In fact, by realizing this it has decreased my stress levels significantly. I can now have a lasting experience and not worry, while still being extremely careful with my medication and having 3 square meals a day. I wish everyone else luck with this topic!


--------------------
This is the strangest life I've ever known.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Seizures Mushrooms and Epilepsy [Re: Madcap]
    #20812333 -

Could have been not smoking weed after the trip.

I'm an epilepsy sufferer and I've never had a problem with mushrooms, although I generally keep my doses low just in case.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* I had a grandmal seizure last nite and it was my first Anonymous 4,332 17 03/19/03 04:26 AM
by FreakQlibrium
* Epilepsy soylent_green 1,197 8 01/19/06 01:17 AM
by OrizonsHorizon
* Obtaining Medical Marijuana for Epilepsy in Canada. Tasty_Smurf_House 1,040 1 01/18/07 04:03 AM
by veggie
* Traumatized From a Seizure? Earth_Droid 1,334 3 04/29/03 02:12 AM
by I_Fart_Blue
* "DEMONIC POSESSION" on mushrooms *DELETED* Phalanxx 3,394 18 05/03/03 05:00 PM
by MarkostheGnostic
* dilemma *DELETED* *DELETED* CrazedGoat 1,253 2 03/29/03 11:29 AM
by forevadazin
* Being Gay
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
RebelSteve33 16,251 83 07/05/03 01:39 PM
by Acidic_Sloth
* shroomery buddy system
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 all )
wyldtouch69 31,656 151 12/18/12 12:24 AM
by All We Perceive

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: CherryBom, Asante, Rose, mndfreeze, yogabunny, feevers, CookieCrumbs, Northerner
1,121 topic views. 0 members, 10 guests and 6 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 15 queries.