Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineaustin_72283
Mr. or Sir
Male

Loc: west
final thanks [Re: Xenophobic]
    #2042563 - 10/25/03 05:29 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

i would like to Thank everyone who replied to my question and now i feel more knowledgeable and feel armed with information.
thanks again
every one especially
mjshroomer
unpropotionate
AND EVERYONE ELSE THANKS A LOT

austin

--------------------
a job worth doing is a job worth doing right.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTold
Artiest

Loc: Rockies
Re: what are the long term effects of shrooms? [Re: Xenophobic]
    #2042707 - 10/25/03 06:30 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Xenophobic said:
dejavu

i had this before i started shroomin. crazy like 10 times a day.

InvisibleXenophobic
Stranger

Re: what are the long term effects of shrooms? [Re: Told]
    #2044214 - 10/26/03 07:32 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

@Told

:smile:

I never meant it as dejavu is a long term effect of shrooms.  I meant it as, I have read this topic over and over on this board.  It's been done over and over in the "General Questions" (this one) forum.

--------------------
Only will man realise, when he cuts down the last tree, that he cannot eat money

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: what are the long term effects of shrooms? [Re: Seuss]
    #2959306 - 08/03/04 07:59 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

>somebody should gather all these posts and thoughts together into a single work and post it in the faq forum.

I agree.

OfflineKras
Male User Gallery

Re: what are the long term effects of shrooms? [Re: Anno]
    #3740278 - 02/06/05 09:53 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Well... When I started my adventures with p. semilanceata I triped 4 times in month with 2 days in a row. After that I'm still suffering (about 4 months for now) a mid effects of HPPD but you can get used to it. Neverless after my 4th trip during October I was in bad psychological shape, suffering PTSD. Remember that working with your energy (mostly meditations), having someone very close to you (member of a family, maybe a girl/boy-friend), etc. can be very helpful if you have hard time after to deep Voyage into your deeper parts of Self.
Respect Shrooms as truly sacred creations of the ultimate Creator and you will be just fine. Start to treat them as a drug and their spirits will punish you for your arrogance. Myths, fairy tales, etc. are very accurate with Shrooms.
Btw. I wonder how many European fairy tales, legends, stories and strange creatures (like Ents or Gnomes) where discovered after fungus "poisoning"...

--------------------
enjoy life!

OfflineDamn
Psychonaut
 User Gallery

Re: what are the long term effects of shrooms? [Re: Kras]
    #3742524 - 02/06/05 08:40 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

ive had my share of mushroom trips, a few 7 gram doses at the most.i trip usually 5-10 times a year, nothin too extreme. but when they do come around usually the trip is around 5grams or so. As far as visually, sometimes i have some wierd morphing and mild mushrooms visuals , its wierd. they arent anything crazy just very mild visuals.the last few days ive noticed it more, but i also have pretty vivid tracers during the day and night time. i heard that could be a little effect from LSD, which could be the reason but ive only had the LSD experience twice, both 2 blotter hits of what i was told was "high quality" acid. it was very intense, and was what seemed to be very clean acid. i dont know if these are symptoms of HPPD? none of these little side effects arent anything thats too noticeable, but it seemes like the last few days they have been for frequent. oo well, boy how i do love the mushrooms.

--------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------

Offlinecyclone666
Stranger
Re: what are the long term effects of shrooms? [Re: Damn]
    #5006385 - 12/02/05 11:46 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I haven't had any physical effects. But my math in school is worse, but I'm not entirely sure it's because of shrooms.

Offlinegephmour32
Stranger
Re: what are the long term effects of shrooms? [Re: austin_72283]
    #9052214 - 10/09/08 05:58 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

i am an ex-mush dealer. i sold pounds weekly and tripped daily. the only short term effects of mushrooms besides the obvious 'trip', the normal loss of appetite and stomach pains is the mind change you experience while in the trip. the way you think when your tripping sticks with you after the peaks are gone. I took a quarter oz. (7g) everyday for 7 months and there are much more long term effects as long as your continuously doing them. The only physical pain usually experienced are back pains which are not painful to the average person. Mental long term effects are very intense, you can experience days that passed by in a flash, moments after their over. Mental dependency (not addiction_, hearing voices, talking to yourself like its a buddy from the lunch table in high school. i STRONGLY recommend only taking mushrooms, no matter what dosage, only a couple times a month at tops and never with people you do not trust with your deepest darkest secret.  ~JMOE~

Offlinegephmour32
Stranger

#9052246 - 10/09/08 06:13 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

by the way everyone before me to post. try tripping 7g every DAY for 7 MONTHS straight with a couple accidental 14g dosages. i know the long term effects better than most and I'm always happy to share my experiences with the funny guys, boomers, booms...Psychedelic Mushrooms. ~JMOE~

Offlinegephmour32
Stranger

Re: what are the long term effects of shrooms? [Re: gephmour32]
    #9052413 - 10/09/08 07:46 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

This form is old as fuck haha

Offlinedeadlynightshade
Stranger
Male
    #9053054 - 10/09/08 11:11 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

if you trip enough, you'll probably get serotonin defficiancy.  the way it increases serotonin..  the brain has ways of compensatin for things. too much serotonin means it tries to take it back to normal by reducing it. since it causes an overflow of serotonin it might also damage recepters. like cocaine; too much dopamine= low levels of dopamine thereafter, and dopaminergic recepter damage.
i'm sure mushrooms don't do that much damage. and what you learn from the trip can enormously outway any damage.

sorry if any of this is wrong, but i've done a lot of study/research.

Offlinegephmour32
Stranger

Re: what are the long term effects of shrooms? [Re: deadlynightshade]
    #9053221 - 10/09/08 11:47 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

it sounds like you did a little research the old fashion way. i did my research hands on and i completely agree with everything in your post ~JMOE~

OfflineAngel_Above
Nobody
Male

#9053228 - 10/09/08 11:48 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Geph... why revive such an old post?

Offlinegephmour32
Stranger

Re: what are the long term effects of shrooms? [Re: Angel_Above]
    #9053236 - 10/09/08 11:50 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I'm a new member and i like to think that I'm a little knowledgeable about this subject. it caught my attention so i shared what i could. i think its good this post is revived, people like to know what their getting into before they do it ya know? ~JMOE~

Offlinegephmour32
Stranger

#9053382 - 10/09/08 12:30 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Angel?

Offlinelibertyshroom
Turn up the silence

Loc: Inside of Emptyness
Re: what are the long term effects of shrooms? [Re: deadlynightshade]
    #9458493 - 12/18/08 08:18 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

deadlynightshade said:
if you trip enough, you'll probably get serotonin defficiancy.  the way it increases serotonin..  the brain has ways of compensatin for things. too much serotonin means it tries to take it back to normal by reducing it. since it causes an overflow of serotonin it might also damage recepters. like cocaine; too much dopamine= low levels of dopamine thereafter, and dopaminergic recepter damage.
i'm sure mushrooms don't do that much damage. and what you learn from the trip can enormously outway any damage.

sorry if any of this is wrong, but i've done a lot of study/research.

Psilocin chemically resembles serotonin and replaces it, so serotonin would build up and not be overused.

--------------------

"Trip to heave and ho, up down, to and fro"

We have been to the moon, we have charted the depths of the ocean and the heart of the atom, but we have a fear of looking inward to ourselves because we sense that is where all the contradictions flow together.
    -Terrence McKenna           

Offlinecircle N
Male

Loc: texas
    #16247549 - 05/17/12 09:39 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I recently came out of a state of mind that I belive was caused by shrooms. I didn't know I was any differant till I came out. So for about a month I had a very cloudy yet more simple mind. And maybe cause I didn't know I was like this at the time, I was more dickish. Also know this might not be typical ( I hung out with people on shrooms wile I was sober and they wer wondering wat I was on) but mainly this might not be typical cause my body doesn't like THC and it does crap to me that weed does to no onelse.  My temporary state of mind wasn't pleasant but the trip was also very scary.

--------------------
thinking about being a chemist to cook LSD

Offlineshelkov181
...wubwub
Male

Loc: Genezleganooby
    #16247667 - 05/17/12 10:06 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

If used responsibly the only long term effects you'll find should be an altered perspective on the world. This is usually for the better.

Physiologically, there won't be any differences from long term use. But that doesn't mean tripping every week for long periods of time is a good thing. I think if you tried doing that, you would soon see the fault in it (hopefully). It won't harm you physically to trip that often, but it will gradually become more and more of a psychological burden. Even tripping every two weeks for a few months seemed to add up for me personally, and I've been enjoying my sobriety since taking a break from it. If you do it too often it'll start to loose its magic, and you may experience subtle perceptual changes in daily life. This is normal and fades with abstinence, but I bet if you binged on psychedelics for long enough it could develop into HPPD.

In my opinion tripping that often just isn't worth it and not really in the spirit of the experience. Everyone needs time to integrate and reflect and without that it just becomes a burden on the psyche. Dosing with responsible frequency is just part of making the most out of what mushrooms have to offer.

--------------------
“Ego is a structure that is erected by a neurotic individual who is a member of a neurotic culture against the facts of the matter. And culture, which we put on like an overcoat, is the collectivized consensus about what sort of neurotic behaviors are acceptable.”
― Terence McKenna

Offlinedtp
Stranger

Re: what are the long term effects of shrooms? [Re: shelkov181]
    #17425784 - 12/21/12 02:27 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

well i tripped a few times over the past year, ending with twice a week for a couple weeks. ive stopped now for about a week.

i am battling alcoholism. i was a raging drunk leaving paths of emotional and material destruction.

im 60 days free from alcohol now. i've been going to meetings. one trip... while about a month free from alcohol, all i wanted to do was stop smoking herb and stop tripping...forever.... and wish i instead had a fun time at my group therapy.

i've always had "flashbacks" even as a child before experimentation. Isn't this what our imagination is all about? I've also always cycled being introverted due to depression. Daydreaming....

I am getting some tracers and vivid daydreams lately. I've unlocked my creative side a bit, so it seems natural too relive moments vividly when trying to remember. My life is a bit solitary and boring latey, so its welcomed. I guess flashbacks are a problem when they occur outside acceptable situations?

I do have a new found value for life. I think a few shroom trips and group therapy have helped pull my head out of my ass and my life out of the gutter. I have began to aspire to be like water, and live with nature....I want to stop killing myself with fermented beverages and whatever the hell it was I was doing before, mainly causing trouble for myself and others.

I have no desire to do anything but vape calming herb, drink calming camomile tea, and some days have a few organic cigarettes. i am in a really good place. My mind is beginning to work better than it has in years.

I still see faults in my behaviors, and how they perpetuate my depression. If what I think I see is accurate or not is another question. I still cause pain in others not only by actions post-"enlightment" that require apology, but from all of my past actions. I am grateful for what I now have.

*This story is fictitious

Offlineallseeingike
Male User Gallery

Loc: elgin ill-miami fl
Re: what are the long term effects of shrooms? [Re: dtp]
    #17427762 - 12/21/12 01:44 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

compassion, love, learning more about yourself and what makes you happy, learning that god is not a man in the sky but just pure unconditional love, knowing death isnt real and we are eternal, seeing the fractal nature of life, curing anxiety and ocd and even cluster headaches, helping with addictions and drug abuse, helping you better you life and doing the rigth thing, allowing you to have mystical experiences that make you appreciate life and everything in it, and according to some people making your brain bleed

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds