Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleNox
Psychonaut
Negative Long Term Effects of Mushies (Polls)
    #944284 - 10/08/02 11:05 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Hey all, first post here...been a lurker for months now heh heh..

I would like to know how many of you have had flashbacks or the sort. Been reading up on shroom negative effects and have read a substantial number of cases of flashback cases...which is of course quite a concern.

I can't really provide links to these right now, but just as a general consolidation of data, how many of you have had flashbacks or anything like it?

Negative Long Term Effects of Mushies
Nothing for me, I'm experienced in mushies.
Nothing for me, but I'm still new to mushies.
Nope, but my intelligence is affected at most one week after tripping.
No, not flashbacks, but I can confidently say it made me stupid in the long run.
Unfortunately, yes, flashbacks. (Please describe)

Thanks all, take care!

Votes accepted from (12/31/69 05:00 PM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll

--------------------
[The above post is made by a fictional character and is intended for amusement only.]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemr_kite
The Watcher
Male

Loc: shambhala
Re: Negative Long Term Effects of Mushies (Polls) [Re: Nox]
    #944402 - 10/09/02 01:26 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Sorry to have to say this, but those questions are BS.

--------------------
let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of what you really love

Offlinemr_kite
The Watcher
Male

Loc: shambhala
Re: Negative Long Term Effects of Mushies (Polls) [Re: mr_kite]
    #944407 - 10/09/02 01:37 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

If you're worried about long term effects, you could read some FAQs, but generally don't be worried. Flashbacks are extremely rare, and when they happen, people often report that they are neither good nor bad; they just happen.

Really, the only dangers that could occur are during the few hours when you are tripping. If you trip safely, the worst that will happen is a bad trip or a bad comedown.

Take care :smile: 

--------------------
let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of what you really love

InvisibleCow Shit Collector
Patty Poacher

Loc: Random Field
    #944451 - 10/09/02 02:55 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Drugs are used to alter ones perception and consiousness. To see a new side to the 'box' I think that Shrooms have inlightened me if anything. Acid on the other hand has triggered flashbacks, not anymore. I've seen people really fukt up from bad cid trips but bad mushie trips dont seem to be as psychologically damaging.

--------------------

Life's a garden, Dig it!
~Joe Dirt

Off Topic Website

InvisibleNox
Psychonaut
    #944576 - 10/09/02 04:30 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

"Flashbacks are extremely rare, and when they happen, people often report that they are neither good nor bad; they just happen."

Yeah well I just wanted to see the demographics from the users of the shroomery.

I myself have only done weed and even so I did tonnes of research on it before becoming a regular user. Not to mention alcohol.

Alcohol kills brain cells and I generally try to stay away from it as much as I can. Weed is getting harder to come by where I am, and growing weed is hell compared to mushies (I think). So mushies it is.

There are not as much articles on mushies as there are on weed, so it's in everyone's interest to research a little before it's too late.

As far as I know, mushies do not really cause any physical damage, although it does irritate the stomach (linings). That's what makes people throw up.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyways, as I was saying, I have next to zero knowledge about the psychological effects that mushies might do and have every logic to be concerned about it, don't you agree?

Me and my gf are doing weed once in a while and I'm confident enough about it. Now we wanna do mushies...and I don't want to be responsible for any psychological damages that might occur that I could've prevented in the first place.

Please don't tell me if I'm afraid, don't do it at all. I'm just doing a plain research to ascertain facts and figures, that's all.

Thanks all.

--------------------
[The above post is made by a fictional character and is intended for amusement only.]

Edited by Nox (10/09/02 04:32 AM)

InvisibleCow Shit Collector
Patty Poacher

Loc: Random Field
    #944656 - 10/09/02 05:17 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

My girlfriend and i tripped for her first time three weeks ago and we had alot of fun.  If you've never done, I'd start out with a smaller dose like 1.5-2.0g.  We did 1.8g equadorians and it was great, a bonding experience.  Just communicate throughout the trip and ittl be groovy :wink:

--------------------

Life's a garden, Dig it!
~Joe Dirt

Off Topic Website

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
    #944665 - 10/09/02 05:29 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

OfflineShroominSpradl
**ShroomerExtraordinaire**
Re: Negative Long Term Effects of Mushies (Polls) [Re: Cow Shit Collector]
    #944676 - 10/09/02 05:33 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

In reply to:

I've seen people really fukt up from bad cid trips but bad mushie trips dont seem to be as psychologically damaging.

i tend to disagree. mushrooms can just as easily destroy your ego or cause psychological trauma..

--------------------

All posts are merely fictional stories that I dreamt. Who woulda thought!

"Reality is a crutch for people who can't handle drugs."

InvisibleBilge
longtimenoC

Loc: USA
Re: Negative Long Term Effects of Mushies (Polls) [Re: ShroominSpradl]
    #944707 - 10/09/02 05:49 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

growing marijuana is hella easier than mushies: put a seed in soil and water it. of course you can do things to make it better (lights, hydro, etc.) but there is no "put seed in soil and water it" mushie tek.

the worst long term effect of mushies is jail if you get busted in the right circumstances.

--------------------
Shopping for your head? Visit HeadShopFinder.com or find Online Head Shops.

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #944718 - 10/09/02 05:55 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

The only negative draw back for me is .........................
WHEN I HAVE NONE TO EAT ! :cool:
Flashbacks ............I WISH ! Anticipation gives a buzz , but no flashbacks .
I am a veteran when it comes to tripn ! My first time was 19 years ago .

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

OfflineNoTheReYeT
uNcLaiMed
Re: Negative Long Term Effects of Mushies (Polls) [Re: tripndicular]
    #945610 - 10/09/02 12:18 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

:grin:   i dont know why people come on these boards n start talkin about the way people talk i mean so what how you talk..how you talk is how you talk i aint gonna si there n be like you a honkey or some shT. but anyway whoever helpin with all this sht thnx.

InvisibleNox
Psychonaut
Re: Negative Long Term Effects of Mushies (Polls) [Re: NoTheReYeT]
    #951397 - 10/10/02 09:41 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

i dont know why people come on these boards n start talkin about the way people talk i mean so what how you talk..how you talk is how you talk i aint gonna si there n be like you a honkey or some shT. but anyway whoever helpin with all this sht thnx.

Just what in blazes are you talking about?

Quote:

My first time was 19 years ago 

Wow old timer, that's way back! I must've been just born at that time haha..

Quote:

growing marijuana is hella easier than mushies

The bush grows quite big and needs light. The smell is incriminating and the seeds are expensive. I need pots and soils and drainage systems. Reproduction is also quite complicated, with the need to pollinate flowers...where you gotta also determine first if the plant was male or female...etc etc...what the hell do you mean by "it's hella easier"? Heh :wink:

Quote:

mushrooms can just as easily destroy your ego or cause psychological trauma..

you mind elaborating? I am really interested to know more about this, thanks.

For the record though, I am confident enough of my psychological assertion to be able to handle a bad trip or two, but I'm more concerned for my gf coz I think she's more or less weak psychologically..you know, girls. :wink:

Quote:

Mild HPPD: The Shroom has bitten me...

Gee that's something...anymore articles? Thanks!

To all, thanks for taking part in the polls and contributing, keep em coming!

--------------------

Offlinef8L
Triumph

#956149 - 10/13/02 12:46 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I have only done LSD once, and I had a very negative trip for the first several hours. Going to a very dark, secluded place in a warehouse (in the middle of no where) is definately not ideal for a first time experience (As echoed by some of my friends who also dosed there).

In response to the survey, I believe I had what you might refer to as a "flashback." One particular night, about 6 months after I had dosed for the first (and only) time, I lay in my bed trying to go to sleep. An hour earlier I had gotten into a very serious fight with my family over big problems, and was in a depressed state of mind. As I lay in bed, for a split second (literally), the same demonic voice I heard while tripping shouted my name. It was very fucking scary and I jumped up immediately. Needless to say this fuckin freaked me out, but since then everythings been ok.

InvisibleNox
Psychonaut
Re: Negative Long Term Effects of Mushies (Polls) [Re: f8L]
    #956432 - 10/13/02 04:41 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Hey man, damn that's screwed up. Hope none of that shit happens to you again.

Hmm...I don't know just *how* similar LSD is to mushies, but I've always known that LSD is quite pure and potent and that shouldn't be too good.

But nonetheless, they're similar in some ways, so I guess it counts too.

The score stands at 10% of shroomery's population (heh okay only 22 people as of yet) that has suffered flashbacks/HPPD/whatever. That's an alarming number IMO.

Please keep 'em coming guys!

Cheers.

--------------------

Edited by Nox (10/13/02 04:42 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom