Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
I hate my life.
    #20206259 -

I really do. I know the responses this is going to get and meh fuck them. I have a very BAD criminal record (will not clarify beyond that point) so jobs are scarce. The shit is always the same "oh well you seem like an ideal candidate We'll get back to you asap as soon as your background check comes back and then a week later it's "we're not really doing any hiring at this time". I went from no job to working in the oil refinery business but was there a month before my criminal past started to swirl and then I can't find work all of a sudden.

I now work retail, making less than half of what I did for the moth I was at the good company. When I was there, I finally felt my life was getting on track. I had plans. We could finally afford to get cars no ont their death bed, we could afford to start looking into moving into better housing.. So much was about to change. But I got 'laid off'.

There are actually customer I want to drop kick out of the door, on a daily basis. So many people are just so fucking stupid. It kind of eats at your soul. Everyone repeats the same stupid lines taht they think is them being funny or original. for example "Didn't scan, it must be free" or "so many buttons to press (in prompt to running your card on the keypad) or "these are all different (the pads again). "The book says it's supposed to be 2 for 4 or 339 each, so what, I don't get a discount if I only buy one?"

JUST GTFO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Buy condoms and get the fuck out and never procreate. If you have a way to die in a fire, go for that.

While I'm on the subject, fuck every single one of you, because you're all guilty of it. Pick up an item and put it back down in the wrong spot. Look, I'll excuse those who got items from halfway across the store, but when you're sitting there with one item in hand and an item in the other trying to decide which to get, right in front of where they both came from. PUT THE FUCKING ITEM YOU DIDN'T WANT BACK WHERE IT GOES. It's not really my job to pick up after people who can't clean up after themselves. It's my job to help you find what you need and to sell you said item. No where in my duties are the lines "clean up after all the 30 year old toddlers" included. If the item is right there, take the 2 seconds and put it back in the right spot ffs.

Not that anyone cares, bu t this is just a rant I had to get off my chest. If I could get a job anywhere else, I wouldn't be making this post. I'm stuck for now. I'm hoping once I actually build up some experience some better job might be willing to take a chance with me, but as for now, I think I'm doing good just to be here. So as much as I want to come how and slit my own throat every day, at least I'm sticking it out instead of just quitting.

Edited by Anonymous (06/30/14 02:17 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I hate my life. [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #20206940 -

Ask yourself...

Why would anyone want to hire a miserable deceitful cunt like me?:shrug:

The world is actually working perfectly.
It is perhaps you who needs to reflect that you need to change  your behavior.

After all, if you were a good business, would you hire you?:shrug:

Your past, doesn't exist anymore, unless you wish to remain in it.

Perhaps you need to stop :nono: blaming the rest of the world just because  you are a fuck-up.

The solution starts right here and now, learn to love everything and everyone unconditionally. Stop being a thief, ripping people off, and being a menace to both your community and society. Become a volunteer at a organization and give, rather than take.
After awhile you will start to notice the universe will help you, rather than hinder you.

Best of luck and best wishes:cheers:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I hate my life. [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #20207317 -

Anonymous #1 said:
PUT THE FUCKING ITEM YOU DIDN'T WANT BACK WHERE IT GOES.




FUCK YOU! That's what you get paid for. Don't like it? Quit!


---
Sidenote- Can you get your record expunged? If not, Start looking for companies that let felons work. I know, in my small town, their is one factory that advertises to the public, that they hire felons. If not, your gonna have to work for your self bro.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I hate my life. [Re: Anonymous #3]
    #20208376 -

It's a janitor's job to clean up, doesn't mean you're not an asshole if you walk into the restroom and shit on the floor.

I can't afford to have my record expunged, but pretty sure I can. I've been looking for jobs that hire felons, it's not as if I'm trying to go work for a bank or jewelry store or something. The good job I was at hires people with all kinds of criminal backgrounds. I'm still actively looking for work in that field but with not much work experience it's hard to get in without a friend or someone to pull some strings from the inside. I had a chance to go to a factory job but it was offered the same time this first job was offered and the first job was far better so I took it. If I had known what was going to happen I would've taken the factory job easily.

Edited by Anonymous (06/30/14 06:45 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I hate my life. [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #20208389 -

you sound like a miserable prick without people skills.

I'm surprised people are throwing job offers at such an upstanding sounding person as yourself.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I hate my life. [Re: Anonymous #4]
    #20208426 -

Yeah people are throwing job offers at me, that's why I'm working retail.

And fuck no I don't have people skills, don't want them, either. I'm anti-social, working retail is my nightmare. I'd rather be working in a plant or factory where I don't have to deal with 200 unique people every day. Working for the plants was great.

Retail would be okay if there weren't so many inconsiderate or stupid people to deal with every single day. It didn't bother me at first, but it's really starting to get to me. Everyday is the same shit. Some customer throwing a fit because things aren't going exactly their way, some customer who can't read the invalid coupons they're trying to make me take, some customer getting irate because I won't let them scam me, some customer getting mad because they look 15 and I ID'd them for cigarettes or alcohol, etc etc.

It also only takes one asshole customer to ruin the entire day, and unless you've worked retail and dealt with it, you just don't understand what I mean. I'm not unique, every retail worker I've talked to, including my co-workers are the same as me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I hate my life. [Re: Anonymous #1] * 1
    #20208488 -

Anon 2,3,4 are self-righteous dickheads hiding behind anonymity.  The OP has made mistakes, paid and is still paying the price, and he's trying to get his life on track.  Right now he's just venting a little.  I'm sure he's beaten himself up enough without needing to hear some neckbeards and their pompous shit bird comments.

BTW OP I put things back on the shelf where they belong when I don't need them :shrug:  And I've never worked retail before, I just wasn't raised to be a lazy ignorant shitbird.

It's cliche, but keep your chin up something good is always around the corner.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I hate my life. [Re: Anonymous #5]
    #20208542 -

Anonymous #5 said:
Anon 2,3,4 are self-righteous dickheads hiding behind anonymity.  The OP has made mistakes, paid and is still paying the price, and he's trying to get his life on track.  Right now he's just venting a little.  I'm sure he's beaten himself up enough without needing to hear some neckbeards and their pompous shit bird comments.

BTW OP I put things back on the shelf where they belong when I don't need them :shrug:  And I've never worked retail before, I just wasn't raised to be a lazy ignorant shitbird.

It's cliche, but keep your chin up something good is always around the corner.




I'm ediblestereos and I think the OP sounds like a miserable fucking prick.

Why would anyone want to hire an ex-con who did something he cant even admit in anon, not to mention his shit personal skills, and what sounds like a shitty work attitude.

This isnt some sad sob story about how OP got wronged. He fucked his own life up, and instead of getting over it and becoming a good, decent, productive person, he let himself become bitter and angry at everyone else because he cant man the fuck up and deal with his past without being a little angry kid about it.

EDIT: people like the op like to bitch and cry that the world shits on them, when the reason they keep getting shit on and "laid off" is because they have a shitty fucking attitude.


Feel free to state your name anon 5, unless you want to be a hypocritical "dickhead hiding behind anonymity".:rolleyes:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I hate my life. [Re: Anonymous #4]
    #20208585 -

Edible stereos lol, I stopped reading from there... I've noticed a lot of your posts lately and you're just obnoxious.  You are the typical know it all( as well as frequently wrong I might add), self righteous, ignorant troll.  :Hides thread: 

-Mush 4 brains

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I hate my life. [Re: Anonymous #4]
    #20208598 -

Actually I didn't get laid off because of my attitude, I got laid off because they did a mass hiring and when they do mass hiring they only keep 1-2 people on, one of the people who got kept on happens to be the brother of someone high up, the other knew someone higher up as well. I only got hired on because of a friend who was not high up, kept bugging the recruiter for the company to hire me, and we're both convinced she did with no intention of keeping me around just to shut him up.

I'm perfectly capable of acting nice, it's not as if I tell all this shit to customers. My social skills are shit, but I can fake it like anyone else, except making small talk. I can be polite and attentive and helpful just fine, and I am.

Am I a miserable prick? Yep, and probably always will be, even if my life were great, that's just who I am. I reserve the right to be who I am and not be a fake ass unless I'm getting paid to do so. I was drunk last night and venting. It's a healthy thing to do. Would you prefer me to just unload on the customers?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I hate my life. [Re: Anonymous #5]
    #20208608 -

Anonymous #5 said:
Edible stereos lol, I stopped reading from there... I've noticed a lot of your posts lately and you're just obnoxious.  You are the typical know it all( as well as frequently wrong I might add), self righteous, ignorant troll.  :Hides thread: 

-Mush 4 brains




What you really mean is :hides from reality because cant handle confrontation:

Funny you call out three posters, and when they show you up you fuck right off and :hide thread::lol:

no wonder youre an opt out.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I hate my life. [Re: Anonymous #5]
    #20209045 -

Anonymous #5 said:
Anon 2,3,4 are self-righteous dickheads hiding behind anonymity.  The OP has made mistakes, paid and is still paying the price, and he's trying to get his life on track.  Right now he's just venting a little.  I'm sure he's beaten himself up enough without needing to hear some neckbeards and their pompous shit bird comments.

BTW OP I put things back on the shelf where they belong when I don't need them :shrug:  And I've never worked retail before, I just wasn't raised to be a lazy ignorant shitbird.

It's cliche, but keep your chin up something good is always around the corner.





I have worked retail more than once. If I was not putting things back then I would not have had the job.


00
Hey, OP/ Do you put your shopping carts back into the store where you found them when you are done? If you do then you would be taking away jobs from the teenagers who push those carts back into the store.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I hate my life. [Re: Anonymous #3]
    #20209491 -

the past is the past.. I know that's easy for me to say, not being a felon and all.

but still, not much you can do but put your best foot forward and not look back. be the best worker you can be regardless of how shitty it is, do work/tasks before you're explicitly assigned to them, etc. Your employer and co-workers notice these things and it will definitely pay off.

most importantly keep your head up bro! we all go through rough patches, some definitely worse than others.

at the end of the game the king and pawn both go into the same box, so just live your life man. Happiness is just a state of mind, a chemical reaction in your brain. No reason why you can't be happy again.

-Dos Ounce

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I hate my life. [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #20209528 -

You need to change your attitude.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I hate my life. [Re: Anonymous #7]
    #20211330 -

Trying to pull this thread back to something helpful, your best option may be self employment.  Develop a skill or find a gap in the local market and charge for your time.

I've worked retail, it's grim. I've worked a grocery store, large clothing outlet and even late night Subway near the pubs and clubs.  The general public are inconsiderate/ unaware of how obnoxious and stupid they can be.  You need to be thick skinned to survive it.

I work in a technial role now, you still have to put up with stupid, obnoxious clients and even worse senior management.  Moral of the story is paid employment is soul destroying at most lower levels unless you really like your job.


You've gotta grin and bear it. Aim to get a good reference from your current manager or try to progress. You're at a disadvantage with your criminal record but it's not the end of the world.  You just need to work harder to prove that you're employable and not going to relapse to bad behaviour.

Best of luck dude :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I hate my life. [Re: Anonymous #8]
    #20211688 -

i have no job no eduacation and a criminal record oh no!!!!! I hate my life, my sister just moved back into home with her baby and her boyfriend and now its even more crampt in our house and now everything is not about me anymore its about my sisters baby and it makes me really angry.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I hate my life. [Re: Anonymous #9]
    #20212268 -

I've tried to figure out a way to become self employed and I can't do it. I have no skills that I can market, or I do but not the opportunity to exploit it. I'm kind of a jack of all trades and know a little about a lot of things, but not really specializing in anything. I can fix a car, but nothing complicated for example. I thought about making furniture to sell because I really like working with wood, but I don't have the space, tools or capital to really make it work as an income source.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I hate my life. [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #20212286 -

Anonymous #1 said:
I've tried to figure out a way to become self employed and I can't do it. I have no skills that I can market, or I do but not the opportunity to exploit it. I'm kind of a jack of all trades and know a little about a lot of things, but not really specializing in anything. I can fix a car, but nothing complicated for example. I thought about making furniture to sell because I really like working with wood, but I don't have the space, tools or capital to really make it work as an income source.




Dude, you can't even get student loans with a record. You need to get your record clean if possible - as in pay whatever you have to/ The system is pretty fucked up - as in the people who need the most help get shit on the most. I think the old saying is "Shit rolls down hill"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I hate my life. [Re: Anonymous #3]
    #20212292 -

my record not clean

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I hate my life. [Re: Anonymous #9]
    #20212335 -

Dont be such a pussy. Pussy. You a damn pussy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* If you could pay to have other users banned... *DELETED*
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Anonymous 9,392 86 07/22/09 04:38 PM
by Anonymous
* I refuse to post anonymously here. Anonymous 2,118 13 04/08/10 07:23 PM
by Anonymous
* Talk to an anonymous stranger!
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Anonymous 9,692 89 07/08/09 10:35 PM
by Anonymous
* Hating how you look?
( 1 2 3 all )
Anonymous 6,013 50 02/17/10 05:09 AM
by Anonymous
* The "reality" of this forum - a disclaimer for n00bs
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Anonymous 8,636 64 10/05/10 07:21 PM
by Anonymous
* Anyone else notice ?
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 463 24 10/05/14 10:33 PM
by Anonymous
* Shaving Anonymous 413 19 01/11/09 07:36 PM
by Anonymous

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: trendal, Shroomism, george castanza, Alan Rockefeller, yogabunny
565 topic views. 0 members, 2 guests and 5 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.