Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
More fruits of the fall season...
    #2014313 -

Went out for a quick look this morning and found a few cyans before I decided to call it quits due to an upcoming midterm.  Lots more pins are up and growing :grin:, too bad the shots of them outdoors didn't turn out better, but I was kinda in a hurry as they're right out in the open :sad:...

The first patch, yeh the shiny brown things are mushrooms :tongue:...


Back at home...


Also found some large patches of Hypholoma aurantiaca, good indicator species for the cyans IME....


A cluster of what appears to be some kind of Pholiota(?) to me...


And a few tiny opium poppies someone must have planted in a local park :smile:...


They're diggin this rain!!!  Should make for some good hunting coming up soon :grin:...

DH 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: More fruits of the fall season... [Re: spores]
    #2014459 -

nice! we found lots of blue ringers yesterday.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: More fruits of the fall season... [Re: spores]
    #2014619 -

nice work deathhead

I have not had a very successfull year thus far, but I have a feeling this rain has  the mycelial network going crazy, and all the pins are turning mature :smile:

--  OJAY

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: More fruits of the fall season... [Re: spores]
    #2014656 -

Nice score DH. I checked some spots today too. Lots of growth, but no actives.

Stymee


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: More fruits of the fall season... [Re: Stymee]
    #2014918 -

I went looking on friday, and didnt see very much growth even to speak of, glad to hear the old mushies are poppin their heads up, maybe I will tromp around in the rain for a while today...

-- OJAY

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: More fruits of the fall season... [Re: OJ]
    #2014937 -

Hypholoma aurantiaca ???
ohhhh, so thats what those little red ones are
thanks
ive seen a shitload of those


--------------------
:thumbup: :thumbdown:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: More fruits of the fall season... [Re: Great Scott]
    #2015070 -

Your tree-loving pholiota looks like hypholoma fasciculare. They have very light green/yellow gills and they taste awfully bitter (mind you: tasting is ok, but eating not; this is a very toxic species!) Can you confirm this?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: More fruits of the fall season... [Re: koraks]
    #2015116 -

Hypholoma fasciculare are much more little and thinner, and look like psilocybe species, they aint some fat ass shrooms like doze :laugh:


--------------------
Cuba Libre

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: More fruits of the fall season... [Re: T0aD]
    #2015369 -

Hey koraks,

I'm familiar with the sulfur tufts as well. But the suspected pholiotas were much larger than I've ever seen H. fasciculare grow, I guess I should have put something in there for scale. Also, I've never seen sulfur tufts with the scaly caps like that. At first glance I thought gymnopilus, because they smelled a lot like G. spectabilis that I've found before and how they were growing, but the caps were slimy, so I figured pholiota was more likely. Caps had deposits of orangish-brown spores on them.

DH

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: More fruits of the fall season... [Re: spores]
    #2017171 -

I see both your points TOaD and DethHed, and agree with them. fasciculare was my guess as they appear in abundance in this season. But indeed, the scaly caps looked a trifle odd to me. The fact that they are quite big doesn't prove much, I've seen them growing to at least 5" (cap diameter).

For a decent ID, we'd need gill shots and spore prints and whatnot :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Fall season has begun in Texas! (with pics!) YourHighness 6,344 18 11/23/04 04:27 PM
by zalorthethird
* Psilocybe weilii : The offical "Fall 2004 Season"
( 1 2 3 4 ... 34 35 )
Gumby 79,326 688 12/07/04 01:11 PM
by hot48yearolds
* Re: Auckland goldtop season! mjshroomer 10,771 13 05/14/00 06:51 PM
by Psylosymon
* Australian Mushroom Season?!? sounygordna 5,434 5 04/25/03 09:52 AM
by Zen Peddler
* azzy season shroompickerinwa 2,126 3 10/16/10 05:23 PM
by enchanterelle
* The season begins. mshrm 1,787 14 09/10/02 07:22 AM
by UKBeatnik
* Hypholoma fasciculare and Psilocybe cubensis? fmolly 8,214 5 06/27/05 08:22 AM
by shroomydan
* Hypholoma....whaa? hokemon 1,839 9 02/05/06 11:59 AM
by falcon

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
1,970 topic views. 1 members, 18 guests and 40 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.024 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 14 queries.