Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
I found a dehydrator on groupon...
    #19633913 -



--------------------
great write-up for new-guys :smile:
___________________________________________________________


____________________________________________________________

Cogsy

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I found a dehydrator on groupon... [Re: Cogsy]
    #19634169 -

nice! although i wouldnt use it for actives. the heat can affect the potency. ive used my dehydrator on candy caps before

but next time im going to try the string method in the back of my car. slow and low with airflow seems to be the best way to preserve and dry the mushroom without killing any flavors or attributes it might posses.


on a side note:
https://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-smart-kitchen-multicooker-2 ; would this word as a pressure cooker?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I found a dehydrator on groupon... [Re: generalsherman55]
    #19634187 -



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I found a dehydrator on groupon... [Re: generalsherman55]
    #19634191 -

generalsherman55 said:
nice! although i wouldnt use it for actives. the heat can affect the potency. ive used my dehydrator on candy caps before

but next time im going to try the string method in the back of my car. slow and low with airflow seems to be the best way to preserve and dry the mushroom without killing any flavors or attributes it might posses.


on a side note:
https://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-smart-kitchen-multicooker-2 ; would this word as a pressure cooker?



The amount of heat produced by a dehydrator is not enough to break down the actives in cubes. I use mine at 160 deg with no los of potency.
The faster you get them dry the les potency will be lost threw oxidization


--------------------
AMU
Bottle Tek
Liquid Inoculant Tek                                   
                     

Edited by MudaFuka (03/01/14 10:38 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I found a dehydrator on groupon... [Re: MudaFuka]
    #19634199 -

MudaFuka said:
generalsherman55 said:
nice! although i wouldnt use it for actives. the heat can affect the potency. ive used my dehydrator on candy caps before

but next time im going to try the string method in the back of my car. slow and low with airflow seems to be the best way to preserve and dry the mushroom without killing any flavors or attributes it might posses.


on a side note:
https://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-smart-kitchen-multicooker-2 ; would this word as a pressure cooker?



The amount of heat produced by a dehydrator is not enough to break down the actives in cubes. I use mine at 160 deg with no los of potency.
The faster you get them dry the les potency will be lost threw oxidization




hurm. ive heard the exact opposite for cyans. that using the dehydrator essentially makes them bunk as far as potency.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I found a dehydrator on groupon... [Re: generalsherman55]
    #19634246 -

Cyans are a different story as far as drying and storage goes, cubes can be left in a dehydrator with the heating element on with no potency loss imo.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I found a dehydrator on groupon... [Re: moshi1ry1]
    #19634287 -

moshi1ry1 said:
Cyans are a different story as far as drying and storage goes, cubes can be left in a dehydrator with the heating element on with no potency loss imo.




interesting. i wonder what the difference is?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I found a dehydrator on groupon... [Re: generalsherman55]
    #19634357 -

True, cubes are fine in the dehydrator with high heat. I dry mine in a nesco dehydrator at 150 with no noticeable difference in potency.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I found a dehydrator on groupon... [Re: moshi1ry1]
    #19634541 -

moshi1ry1 said:
Cyans are a different story as far as drying and storage goes



Never heard this before, why is that?


--------------------

Edited by George Sears (03/01/14 12:05 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I found a dehydrator on groupon... [Re: George Sears]
    #19634556 -

Gah i cant find the thread, i thought it was in the faq some where but i know that it is advised be much more careful when drying and picking cyans because they lose much of there potency, wish i could find the thread it explained it much better. I do know though that cyans are best eaten fresh for the outrageous potency that they are known for.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I found a dehydrator on groupon... [Re: George Sears]
    #19634562 -

I don't think there is a difference. I may be wrong but aren't the actives the same?


--------------------
AMU
Bottle Tek
Liquid Inoculant Tek                                   
                     

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I found a dehydrator on groupon... [Re: George Sears]
    #19635201 -

Tacomandood said:
moshi1ry1 said:
Cyans are a different story as far as drying and storage goes



Never heard this before, why is that?




heat kills the potency. in the dehydrator, or in a hot car. makes em do nuttin at all :frown:

you gotta store em in an airtight, dark, cool place.

or freeze em


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I found a dehydrator on groupon... [Re: moshi1ry1]
    #19635212 -

moshi1ry1 said:
Gah i cant find the thread, i thought it was in the faq some where but i know that it is advised be much more careful when drying and picking cyans because they lose much of there potency, wish i could find the thread it explained it much better. I do know though that cyans are best eaten fresh for the outrageous potency that they are known for.



i consider myself a mushroom heavyweight. they call me a "shroom black hole" cos i can outeat anyone i know and not trip as hard

i had day old cyans once. and not very many either. my friend showed me her digital clock that projected the time on the ceiling. then she offered to show us around the property. like 3 hours later she asked if we wanted to take the tour. I was like bro! that was 3 hours ago, im ready for bed. she points at the clock, it had been like 30 mins.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I found a dehydrator on groupon... [Re: MudaFuka]
    #19635290 -

MudaFuka said:
I don't think there is a difference. I may be wrong but aren't the actives the same?



I would like to see some proof of this as well.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I found a dehydrator on groupon... [Re: PussyFart]
    #19635625 -

All actives are comprised of the same chemicals, there is no difference between species other than the psilocibyn and the psilocin ratio, they both break down at a similar temperature that will almost never be reached by a normal food dehydrator,


--------------------
great write-up for new-guys :smile:
___________________________________________________________


____________________________________________________________

Cogsy

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I found a dehydrator on groupon... [Re: Cogsy]
    #19635672 -

That's what I thought.


--------------------
AMU
Bottle Tek
Liquid Inoculant Tek                                   
                     

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I found a dehydrator on groupon... [Re: MudaFuka]
    #19636647 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I found a dehydrator on groupon... [Re: generalsherman55]
    #19636684 -

generalsherman55 said:
you gotta store em in an airtight, dark, cool place.




What, we need to store cyans like they are LSD?  Give me a break :rolleyes:

Heat doesn't affect potency.


--------------------

Yes, you can bump my old threads with a question.
Here is how I get things done.
You should take a look. :hehehe:


Frank's tips and tricks. Updated on 3/21/14
AMU- Get an answer here -AMU

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I found a dehydrator on groupon... [Re: FrankHorrigan]
    #19636782 -

While we're on the subject, what is the general consensus on storage? I've never really looked into it to be honest.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I found a dehydrator on groupon... [Re: TheMustardTiger]
    #19636830 -

Any airtight container:shrug:  I just use jars.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* So What is the Truth with Dehydrators and Potency Loss?
( 1 2 all )
ShroomKitty 15,941 33 03/04/09 12:23 PM
by ronjohn7779
* In the market for a dehydrator - advice Rahz 5,711 12 09/22/08 11:33 AM
by Rahz
* Dehydrator Qs DAY.tripper 869 16 09/07/09 03:43 PM
by DAY.tripper
* So I just got this dehydrator... ChronicBarry 2,362 9 03/31/06 09:07 PM
by mogur
* Question for RR and Other Veterns About Dehydrators KillerPicklez 814 5 12/18/07 04:42 PM
by KillerPicklez
* ? about dehydrators IcAnFeeLthErain 1,462 17 11/05/08 05:31 PM
by noobieshroomie
* low potency after drying
( 1 2 all )
boogertool 3,733 24 01/29/07 11:26 PM
by House
* dehydrateing mushrooms
( 1 2 all )
ststephen65 3,587 23 04/09/06 04:13 PM
by BPJohnny

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
2,962 topic views. 28 members, 79 guests and 223 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.036 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 18 queries.