Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleZildjian
human

Loc: new zealand
Cloning!
    #1956724 - 09/27/03 06:47 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I want to be cloned, and I my clone to live with me. I'd be its fater, and tell it how it is a younger version of me. I'd tell it to get cloned at the same age I cloned it, and together we'd live on for ever! I mean, fuck There has been the entire nature nurture debate for ages, and I've come to the conclusion that while the clone wouldn't be EXACTLY like me, we'd still have alot in common. My little buddy number 53 could look back on Zildjian the first and be like "wow, that was me 500 years ago". I'd make sure we'd keep a good video documentary of each clones life, so that new clones could look back and find out where they came from and stuff.

Is this a odd belief? I know alot of you guys are against cloning and caring for the planet and things, but c'mon, I didn't choose to be born, and I'm sure my clone wouldn't mind being a clone. I'm an asian, and it's difficult to live as a minority in this country, I didn't choose to be an asian, it really sucks because when fucking hicks yell things like "go back to your own country!" it's not as though I can explain to them that I was born in this country and I have no where else to go. I put up with it, and I'm sure my clone would put up with being a clone no problem.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: Cloning! [Re: Zildjian]
    #1956771 - 09/27/03 08:09 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I think everyone should be free to decide if he wants to be cloned or not. I personally wouldn't do it, what about my singularity and originality ? It is something i hold as sacred. Besides, have you realized how the clones would feel about not having a choice about their originality ? When i think about it, if my clones could feel the way i do, they would feel cheated and betrayed.
I also think my offspring should go on, i believe mankind will evolve as new generations sprout, i think i don't have the right to imposed an obsolete specimen, such as myself, a few hundreds of years from now :wink:

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

Loc: New Jersey U.S.
Re: Cloning! [Re: MAIA]
    #1956776 - 09/27/03 08:18 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah, i would hate to know that i was cloned. I dont want to bring life into this planet under those circumstanses. Plus we already have enough humans in this planet by fucking eachother. We dont need another method of reproduction please!

--------------------

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

Re: Cloning! [Re: Spokesman]
    #1956922 - 09/27/03 10:24 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I would get cloned but only for spare parts. Stunt the growth of the brain and keep it in stasis until needed.

--------------------
Be all and you'll be to end all

OfflineAlan Stone
Corpus

Loc: Ten feet up
Re: Cloning! [Re: mntlfngrs]
    #1957231 - 09/27/03 01:13 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I don't see the use in having yourself cloned. The only real resemblances would be physical, since most of what defines who you are is about what lessons you have learned by experience alone. So, in my opinion, if you want to have yourself cloned - to raise the clone as a child - you would be very narcistic.

I wouldn't want a clone for spare parts either. Why would you need them unless you fear death? If you do fear death, perhaps coming to terms with that fear is the key, and not replacing the worn out organs you might have.

--------------------
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

- Aristotle

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan Flag
Re: Cloning! [Re: Alan Stone]
    #1957238 - 09/27/03 01:20 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

plus, a clonbe, dispite its appearance would have the same genetic age as you and die of advanced progeria,
each sequential clone would be shorter and shorter lived.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Cloning! [Re: Mitchnast]
    #1957497 - 09/27/03 03:04 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I myself don't have a clone, but I did create a double... I went pretty in-depth about it awhile back, check out "Concern Yourselves With What You Want" about it, but he is in Africa running a drug cartel...
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

Re: Cloning! [Re: Alan Stone]
    #1958034 - 09/27/03 07:09 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Alan Stone said:

I wouldn't want a clone for spare parts either. Why would you need them unless you fear death? If you do fear death, perhaps coming to terms with that fear is the key, and not replacing the worn out organs you might have.

Not death but being hooked to a machine or stuck in a chair would suck. Cloning for spare parts wouldn't stave off death very log anyway. You can't replace a brain, and they wear out too.

--------------------
Be all and you'll be to end all

OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

Loc: New Jersey U.S.
Re: Cloning! [Re: mntlfngrs]
    #1958063 - 09/27/03 07:18 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I think that in the future Doctors will be able to duplicate organic limbs and vital organs and transplants will be a thing of the past. Thats just my vision though.

--------------------

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
    #1958157 - 09/27/03 07:55 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Ever read the Neuromancer series by William Gibson?

there was this wealthy family that cloned itself and froze all the clones and rotated them out for legal and tax purposes. Pretty groovy.

InvisibleZildjian
human

Re: Cloning! [Re: Mitchnast]
    #1958927 - 09/28/03 02:27 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Mitchnast said:
plus, a clonbe, dispite its appearance would have the same genetic age as you and die of advanced progeria,
each sequential clone would be shorter and shorter lived. 

Damn! that totally ruins my plan. Fuck having children, they'd so end up living with their mother, and treat me like a loser, and tell or their friends at school how I was a loser.

I'd love to be a clone! Living for ever would be fun, but I'd rather experience death a million times.

Doesn't you're genetic makeup influence your personallity quite alot? I've been doing psycology for three years now, and every year they mention the nature nurture thing. The conclusion is always that your genetics are responcible for pretty much your entire personallity.
you should read some modern books about it.

If I want to be a clone, then theoretically, my clone would like to be a clone too :smile:

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#1959111 - 09/28/03 05:14 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

My double in Africa (signed up for the Peace Corps to get a free ride and then deserted them, due to a lot of trouble he got into under my name in the U.S.) was just created by the power of my mind.. the more I honestly believe he is there, the more he is, and someday I will meet him... :grin:

Not something I truly believe, but I enertain it because he just might materialze there, you never really know...
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

InvisibleZildjian
human

Re: Cloning! [Re: fireworks_god]
    #1959153 - 09/28/03 06:11 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

holy shit that is a good idea! There must be someone who IS me somewhere on earth, I mean c'mon, theres like 6 billion or so people in the world, surely there must be two of me by now. Maybe ones really old, I guess thats more likely than one the same age. . . I wonder if there is a girl me? I guess theres like a %51 chance. . .
My new goal in life is to find my duplicate. . .and shout them a session. :laugh:

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#1959314 - 09/28/03 09:56 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Exactly. The more you create him in your mind, the more he will begin to materialize.. I mean, mine is running a drug cartel in Africa that is contracted by the United States to ship them in, and he even smoked some good indica with Osama Bin Ladin himself the other day...
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Invisiblezee_werp
a fractalcreature
 User Gallery

Loc: Aotearoa
    #1999719 - 10/11/03 08:27 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Actually, the nature vs nurture debate has been settling more towards the 50/50 mark. But who the hell really knows. Science can't prove anything, it can only help disprove things. There is a good chance that 100% of the things that science thinks now, will one day be discredited, as our 'official' perception of 'reality' changes...It could be a never ending cycle, diving into more and more complexity. I think that if any piece of scientific information was actually saying something about the 'true nature' of reality, well it would be wayyy to complex for a single human conciousness to grasp, at least if using our current modes of communication. So if we have quantum computers humming away, diving down the fractal staircase, unfolding the precious treasures of truth...is it really happening? If no single human conciousness can grasp it...does it exist? In the end, for me, scientific facts dissolve into absolute meaninglesness quite quickly, as naked existence offers itself before me, especially in the psychedelic trip.
Anyway, I'm sidetracked here from the cloning, and even from the nature nurture...basically my thought was, its never going to be a striaght out fact, that X% of a personality is genetically based, and X% is experience based, as there is probably deeper levels of DNA encoding. So, maybe some people have a gene complex which causes a heavy DNA influence on personality, and then more genes having effects on that gene, etc. And of course every minute detail in environmental factors between multiple test subjects...different social influences, different early childhood experiences, bla bla bla...sure you can say that every facet of a humans personality and conciousness might possibly come down to atomic collisions, or at least some physical bases, but it definatley isn't soley the work of DNA.

OfflineCleverName
the cloudsshould know meby now...

Loc: red earth painted with mi...
    #1999741 - 10/11/03 08:59 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

cloning will be great for body parts. you dont have to clone an entire human. theres such a great demand for organs...i think it would be great.

--------------------
if you can't find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?

this is the purpose

Offlinesoylent_green
The greatEnitsuj
Female

Loc: Ontario
Re: Cloning! [Re: CleverName]
    #2003053 - 10/12/03 05:39 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

if thats what you want to do, than go for it, but i prefer fireworks idea better :smile:

--------------------
What fun is it in Nirvana while other beings are suffering?

Offlinemoogle

#2006303 - 10/13/03 07:31 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Spokesman said:
Yeah, i would hate to know that i was cloned.

What's the difference? You'd still be the same person.

--------------------
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which can not fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance -- that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

-- Herbert Spencer

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order