Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?

Loc: Lost In Space
Saddam offers a deal?
    #1937891 - 09/21/03 02:52 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I must confess I am unsure as to whether the Sunday Mirror is a rag or a legitimate source of news. Perhaps one of our UK posters could enlighten me?

Anyway...

DESPERATE SADDAM OFFERS AMERICANS DEAL

Sep 21 2003

From Paul Martin In Baghdad

SADDAM Hussein has been in secret negotiations with US forces in Iraq for the past nine days, we can reveal.

The Iraqi dictator is demanding safe passage to the former Soviet republic of Belarus. In exchange, he has vowed to provide information on weapons of mass destruction and disclose bank accounts where he siphoned off tens of millions of dollars in plundered cash.

President Bush is being kept abreast of the extraordinary talks by his National Security advisor Condoleezza Rice. She is co-ordinating negotiations in Baghdad which are led by Lt. Gen. Ricardo Sanchez, the commander of American forces in Iraq.

The United States has vowed never to negotiate with Saddam and want to take him dead or alive, but the White House hopes the clandestine talks will allow them to pinpoint the tyrant's exact location.

Here's the rest of the story....

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinest0nedphucker
Rogue State
Male
Loc: Wales (yes it is a countr...
Re: Saddam offers a deal? [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1937903 - 09/21/03 02:58 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

The Mirror is a tabloid paper, but was firmly against the invasion of Iraq and could be described as throughly "libbie"... They have been counting the days since the war began with their little

"Day xxx and still no WMD's"

I very rarely read it....

--------------------
The punishment which the wise suffer, who refuse to take part in government, is to live under the government of worse men.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Saddam offers a deal? [Re: st0nedphucker]
    #1937932 - 09/21/03 03:08 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Here the word tabloid is used in a derogatory manner, ie: the Enquirer. Is that how you mean to describe the Mirror?

I did find this though....

U.S. Military Denies British Newspaper Report of Deal with Saddam
Sunday , September 21, 2003

The U.S. military on Sunday denied a British tabloid report that Saddam Hussein has been trying to broker a safe-haven deal with American officials for the past nine days, according to Reuters news service.

Quoting an unnamed "senior Iraqi," the UK's Sunday Mirror reported that Saddam had sent his English-speaking representative to negotiate with American forces in the dictator's hometown of Tikrit.

The aide led soldiers to a letter, allegedly from Saddam, asking for a safe exile to the ex-Soviet republic of Belarus in exchange for information about bank accounts holding tens of millions in pillaged money and details of the elusive weapons of mass destruction.

Lieutenant Colonel William MacDonald, spokesman for the U.S. Army's 4th Infantry Division ? which controls Tikrit north of Baghdad ? told Reuters that the Mirror story was inaccurate.

"The 4th Infantry Division has not had any contact with any former regime members regarding Saddam Hussein's disposition," he told Reuters.

The U.S. has in the past insisted it would never negotiate a surrender or exile plan with Saddam.

The Mirror report said Saddam's aide approached American troops in Tikrit headquarters on Sept. 12 and took them to a suburb in the vicinity. The tabloid reports one of Saddam's security chiefs was waiting with a handwritten note, purportedly from the fugitive former president of Iraq. The letter requested negotiation talks with the U.S. military.

The Mirror reported that President Bush was being briefed regularly about the talks by National Security Advisor Condoleezza Rice, who was coordinating the negotiations. The tabloid said that the U.S. had no intention of giving Saddam exile, but was engaging in the talks to pinpoint his whereabouts.

Saddam has been on the run since his ouster in April by U.S.-led forces.

American commanders in the region have previously said it's likely that Saddam might be hiding in his hometown because he still has heavy support in the area from family, local tribal members and other residents.

U.S. and other allied forces invaded Iraq in March, citing an imminent threat to national security because of weapons of mass destruction. Evidence of chemical, biological or nuclear weapons has so far not been found.

Link

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Offlinest0nedphucker
Rogue State
Male
Re: Saddam offers a deal? [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1937949 - 09/21/03 03:13 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Indeed, its the same here. Usually reports on celebrities buying a new pair of shoes with a hint of onesided poltical outlooks.....

--------------------
The punishment which the wise suffer, who refuse to take part in government, is to live under the government of worse men.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1939418 - 09/22/03 02:01 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

The daily mirror is nothing like the national enquirer. It's a lightweight celebrity paper but occasionally has powerful political articles.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Offlinest0nedphucker
Rogue State
Male
Re: Saddam offers a deal? [Re: Xlea321]
    #1939704 - 09/22/03 04:10 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I dont doubt it sometimes contains some decent writings but its like quoting 'The Sun', I suppose you could use it to illustrate a point but I would never base an argument upon it or buy it...

--------------------

Offlineshakta
Infidel
    #1941155 - 09/22/03 04:43 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Say this is true for argument's sake. Do you deal with him if you are in charge? I would. You could always have some CIA operatives off him later on. :smile:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion