Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinedawn of a new day
un inglohablante

Loc: Earth
disliking a friend
    #1911464 - 09/12/03 11:51 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

While doing acid for the first time last weekend, I was hanging out with a good friend of mine while I was coming up to keep me calm. She and I just sat around in a park and talked on the swings for an hour or two, and there wasn't anything that really went wrong while we were chilling together. I walked back to my house when it started to really kick in, and had a really good trip. It was an excellent experience. Anyways, ever since hanging out with her that night I have really felt a sense of dislike towards her. It seemed as if I saw a very subtle part of her personality that I'd never noticed before, and it really bothered me. I just felt like she was completely faking every bit of emotion she had put into her friendship. Has anyone else ever experienced something like this? I just found it incredibly strange that I felt such a resentment towards her after one night when I have known her for a few years.

--------------------
"Why is marijuana against the law? It grows naturally upon our planet. Doesn't the idea of making nature against the law seem to you a bit . . . unnatural?"
- Bill Hicks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledjfrog
omgws!!!1!

Re: disliking a friend [Re: dawn of a new day]
    #1911589 - 09/13/03 01:09 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Drugs alter your perceptions in good and bad ways. A friend is a valuable thing, although people sometimes grow apart I would recommend you worry if you find yourself growing away from a lot of your friends.

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #1911975 - 09/13/03 04:15 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

You will begin to feel better when you realize that you do it too.

Also tripping people and untripping people can't communicate effectively.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

InvisibleBrainFarmer
Farmicist

Loc: lounging betwixt lobes...
Re: disliking a friend [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #1912053 - 09/13/03 06:48 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

While doing acid for the first time last weekend, I was hanging out with a good friend of mine while I was coming up to keep me calm. She and I just sat around in a park and talked on the swings for an hour or two, and there wasn't anything that really went wrong while we were chilling together. I walked back to my house when it started to really kick in, and had a really good trip. It was an excellent experience. Anyways, ever since hanging out with her that night I have really felt a sense of dislike towards her. It seemed as if I saw a very subtle part of her personality that I'd never noticed before, and it really bothered me. I just felt like she was completely faking every bit of emotion she had put into her friendship. Has anyone else ever experienced something like this? I just found it incredibly strange that I felt such a resentment towards her after one night when I have known her for a few years.

often times when i'm tripping on LSD i start to become really aware of social structures and the roles people play in groups.  i don't know exactly what you saw in her personality that you didn't like, but in my experience everyone, even the best of my friends, can become annoying given the proper circumstances and state of mind.  like BH said, we all do things and act in way that are somewhat less than enlightened from time to time.  in fact, i find that i'm personally most bothered when i see my own problems in others.  or its certainly possible that this chick is no good and you just now realized it :crazy:

i must admit it seems odd to me that you felt the trip was positive despite dealing with those sorts of thoughts.  i'd suggest that you were just tripping out, but you say the feelings are lingering beyond the trip.

in any case, i'd suggest taking some time away from her - don't hang out with her for a couple weeks and see if you start to miss her.  then hang out and see if you still feel the same way.

hope that helps!

BF 

--------------------
Gate Gate Paragate Parasamgate Bodhisvah

Formula: 0

Offlinedawn of a new day
un inglohablante

Loc: Earth
Re: disliking a friend [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #1918463 - 09/15/03 02:24 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

You will begin to feel better when you realize that you do it too.

very true. thanks for the insight guys. looking back a bit more objectively now it was probably just my thinking too much about our friendship while i was tripping and focusing on the negatives rather than all of the positives that have caused us to be friends.
thanks again guys. hearing some other opinions on it really did help.

--------------------
"Why is marijuana against the law? It grows naturally upon our planet. Doesn't the idea of making nature against the law seem to you a bit . . . unnatural?"
- Bill Hicks

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
    #1918848 - 09/15/03 04:46 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

acid has caused me to see through peoples personalities and dislike them more too
really weird
but at the same time it has caused me to see through other people's personalities and like them a hell of a lot more

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

Offlinesirreal
devoid
Loc: In the borderlands
    #1918938 - 09/15/03 05:14 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I had a good friend of about ten years tell me that he thought that way about me.

He told me that he thought my feelings about are friendship weren't as sincere as his.

He was wrong and ruined a pretty good friendship over it.

It is kind of ironic, because we were doing acid when he had this revelation.The acid might have caused you to over analyze things a bit?

Just a thought.

--------------------
I may not always tell the truth, but atleast I'm honest
-----------

I see what everyone is saying. It is so hard to form an opinion when you see both sides so clearly!

Edited by sirreal (09/15/03 06:06 PM)

OfflineSummerBreeze
Phyconaughty

Loc: Antwerpen.
Re: disliking a friend [Re: sirreal]
    #1920860 - 09/16/03 08:01 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Disecting every converstaion, treatin' every sidewise look with suspicion and agonizin' over every seeminly wasted moment of your life. Ahhhhh, the beauty of L.S.D! I tripped last night and got to thinkin' about a conversation i'd had in the park earlier and ragin' at myself 'cause i said all the wrong things to her when she was needin' someone to talk to. Took me quite a while to break the cycle of thought, let go and enjoy myself.

--------------------
"Must'nt Grumble!".

OfflineBenFungTorez
Los Rancheros!

Loc: Way up there...
Re: disliking a friend [Re: SummerBreeze]
    #1922065 - 09/16/03 03:56 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

This is the very reason I prefer to trip alone. If I'm around others I become very analytical of the way we interact. I mean I guess it's good to think about your friendships and stuff, I'd just rather do it with a straight head.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies