Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Rolling Papers

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineCaRnAgECaNdYS
Tool's groupie
Female User Gallery

Loc: Billy Howerdel's closet Flag
Whats up with my friend?
    #2672156 - 05/13/04 04:15 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

OK, here's a story.......I have a friend.He's definitely into his dr00gs. He likes it all. Shrooms are his fave. Anyways, recently i've noticed a major change in his personality. He's very easily irritated. He's irrational and he believes he has the power to control things around him, with his mind. Now I can be open-minded when it comes to controlling certain aspects of life. But he really thinks he's making things happen. I know sometimes I can also get very irritable. But, he used to be the one to calm me down. I don't know for sure, but I believe he may be going a little overboard with the drug use. I'm not the only one who's noticed. there are others who are concerned. Believe me I do my own share of "happiness" but isn't there such a thing as to much? I'm a little worried and don't quite know how to approach him. I'm afraid I might lose a friend. I wasn't quite sure if I even wanted to post this only because I know he will see this and might get upset. So am I making this a bigger deal than what it really is? If not, how should I approach him? And if this is just the way he is than of course i'm still going to be there for him. I will always be his friend. I'm just a bit worried. I hope he understands. Any advise? :frown: :confused:

--------------------

The secret to being funny is to say smart things stupidly, or is it stupid things smartly? Whatever..it's not rocket surgery...or something like that.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineDreamer987
The VerbalHerman Munster
Female

Loc: Texas
Re: Whats up with my friend? [Re: CaRnAgECaNdY]
    #2672247 - 05/13/04 05:03 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

if your friend does see this, its good that you get it out in the open. I'm sure he'll understand that your worried about him.
Is it just the shrooms, or could he be addicted to real drugs? i don't know what to tell you.
My friend used to be real layed back, and calm. Now he's incredibly irritable, and bitchy alot of times. people change. just try to be there for him.

--------------------

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Loc: Bergen, Norway
    #2672286 - 05/13/04 05:43 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I have a freind who turned out just like that. It looks like its connected to tripping. He even thought everybody were talking to him telepathically... and he was getting really upset about that... also, he was (and probably still is) talking about how he can bend and move things with his thoughts and create his own reality which was just as real as any reality... just that it was his.

Does this sound like your friend, if so... he might just have a slight case of schitzophrenia. I'm pretty sure thats whats going with my friend.

Oh and becoming irritable and stuff like that were his symptoms to. Ask your friend if he knows about anybody having schitzophrenia in his family.

--------------------
Magic mushrooms are not addictive, the shroomery is!

OfflineCaRnAgECaNdYS
Tool's groupie
Female User Gallery

Re: Whats up with my friend? [Re: Dreamer987]
    #2672302 - 05/13/04 05:57 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Thank's for the reply, like I said i'll always be there for him. As far as asking him about schitzophrenia....he might get offended by that. (filthysock) He sounds exactly like that. It doesn't upset him. I think he finds it amusing.

--------------------

The secret to being funny is to say smart things stupidly, or is it stupid things smartly? Whatever..it's not rocket surgery...or something like that.

Invisiblebert
bodhi

Loc: state
    #2672317 - 05/13/04 06:08 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Hmm, that sounds pretty crazy...perhaps he ought to get a psych evaluation? I mean, is there a way to tell if its just short term or if it's the beginning of a more serious condition without an evaluation?

--------------------
Persons denying the existence of robots may be robots themselves.

Offlinedaba
Stranger
 User Gallery

#2672319 - 05/13/04 06:14 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

You state that he used to be the one to calm you down. Maybe you are the one who is losing your mind, not he. Are you sure you aren't the one imagining him becoming irritable, with your "sanity" forsaken mind? Perhaps you are the one needing a psychoanalytic evaluation.

Yes, my argument is reminiscent of Occom's Spoon, but it's an argument nonetheless. Just trying to spark all possibilities :smile:.

--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Loc: Bergen, Norway
    #2672329 - 05/13/04 06:35 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Nonsense.

Anyway,if he finds whatever he's going through amusing, then fuck it.  Just because society has managed to label all psychological differances (both minor and major) bad, doesnt mean it is bad.  If he feels good and your friendship is good there doesnt really have to be any reason for concern.

Me and my friends were shocked at the change of my probably schitzo friend, but we dont care anymore... he's doing fine just that he has differant perspective of things and a strange perspective of reality, after all we're all mad out here :grin:

--------------------
Magic mushrooms are not addictive, the shroomery is!

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: Whats up with my friend? [Re: filthysock]
    #2674232 - 05/13/04 05:21 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

filthysock said:

Me and my friends were shocked at the change of my probably schitzo friend, but we dont care anymore... he's doing fine just that he has differant perspective of things and a strange perspective of reality, after all we're all mad out here :grin:

Yeah, I think that if he is able to function in everyday life and he isn't really being bothered by this, then it is up to him.  If more serious things emerge though, then it will be time for him to get help.

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Chopper Challenge

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
    #2711727 - 05/21/04 04:52 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

it sounds to me like your a pretty good person for being worried like you are...but you worry too much. im pretty sure i know who your talking about, and i think its pretty safe to say that he hasnt been into any kind of drugs in a while...in fact, he may be irritable due to the fact he HASNT tripped as much as he would like.

Quote:

He's irrational and he believes he has the power to control things around him, with his mind. 

im not exactly sure where your getting this from. what kind of things, maybe some examples? i believe that we can control things with our minds....they are called thoughts and emotions...now this guy does seem a little crazy, and he even told me he wasnt really sure whats going on within his brain at the moment. hes been going through alot of fucked up drama lately, and hes not really the type of guy to get involved in that sort of thing. just give him some time and space to work things out a bit. im pretty sure hes not crazy, but only time will tell :grin:

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy

Re: Whats up with my friend? [Re: filthysock]
    #2711743 - 05/21/04 04:56 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Ask your friend if he knows about anybody having schitzophrenia in his family.

he does have an aunt that has schitzophrenia....

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Invisiblesynthesis
everydayjunglist

Loc: va
    #2712021 - 05/21/04 06:11 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

take his rolling papers, and write "we need to talk" on the paper. hey, it works in the commercials!

for real though, sounds like a case of too much LDS. i've known a few people that had gone overboard with it, and lost theyre concept of reality. i had noticed it happening to me when i was doing acid, and swore it off for good about 8 years ago. (funny i just remembered i had a dream last night i was at a concert, and i dropped acid, i was tripping in the dream  :crazy2:)

shrooms dont ever give me these negative effects. talk to him about it and find out what he's using. i'm sure your not the only person noticing his weird behavior

--------------------
http://www.infowars.com

Invisiblewandrnshaman
old hand
Loc: Pinellas Co, FL
    #2712099 - 05/21/04 06:32 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

moderation = k3y

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy

Re: Whats up with my friend? [Re: wrestler_az]
    #2713759 - 05/22/04 03:25 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

ok, ive had enough of the suspense already.....shes talkin about me guys :grin:

anyway, im not crazy....yet anyway. just been dealing with alot of bullshit drama lately...not doin any drugs really, and i thyink thats part of the problem. been drunk 5 of the past 7 days, with about 6 hours of sleep in the past week and a half...insomnia is in full gear...only sleep i got i had to get so drunk before hand i didnt end up remembering half the night....

all is good though, shit is straightening itself out pretty good....plus i got a hold of some bud.

by the way, the voices in my head are lying to me :grin:

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #2714240 - 05/22/04 11:15 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

load him up with some niacinamide & see if his shit gets more, ummmm, normal....

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

OfflineCaRnAgECaNdYS
Tool's groupie
Female User Gallery

Re: Whats up with my friend? [Re: wrestler_az]
    #2714280 - 05/22/04 11:39 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Thank you for understanding.  :hug:

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Rolling Papers

Community >> The Pub