Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

Re: Friends and drugs [Re: afoaf]
    #3285771 - 10/27/04 07:39 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Man..this thread makes me feel bad. I'm not TRYING to do it, but I've noticed myself doing the same thing to my friends on occasion.

--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineoDin
Re: Friends and drugs [Re: Phishgrrl]
    #3287726 - 10/28/04 01:57 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

i love this thread....all i got to say is welcome to my world. all my HS friends, except annie, are all like that. even many post HS friends. but i was headed down that path at one point...then i started thinking "is this how i want to spend my days...like this?". at that point said goodbye to the seach for the "american dream" and started to follow my heart....life is good...

finding new friends to do camping, sking, tripping and so on hasnt been that hard with the shroomery to help.

btw im thinking january for a desert winter backpacking trip so far...tripping encouraged if desired

Invisiblegeorge castanzaM
Lord Of The Idiots!
Male User Gallery
Re: Friends and drugs [Re: Silven]
    #3287754 - 10/28/04 02:12 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Silven said:

Each day of my life is lived like an adventure, and each day of my life is an adventure, lived to the fullest. I wouldn't have it any other way, and I'm sure you wouldn't either!

- Silven

AMEN to that!

--------------------
KRAMER CAKES

InvisibleDirtMcgirt
in a pinch
 User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Re: Friends and drugs [Re: george castanza]
    #3288034 - 10/28/04 04:55 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I swear I think about this all the time. The thing with alot of my friends is that they used to be way cool and laid back and would totally denounce the way people are "supposed" to act. Now they don't want to do anything new(like go to shows, road trips)it seems. Sometimes I might be able to get them to go to some trendy bar...fuck that shit.

Yeah, people get new responsibilies and stuff as they grow out of childhood but kadakuda is right, its laziness. Some people get a routine and if you try to mix it up a little they find it as too much trouble. The other part is succumbing to what your "supposed" to be doing, and when you present something they used to be all about they condescend their own past...Man, I'm gonna go plan a road trip....

"It's true, we're locked in an image, an act- and the sad thing is, people get so used to their image, they grow attached to their masks. They love their chains. They forget all about who they really are. And if you try to remind them, they hate you for it, they feel like you're trying to steal their most precious possession." - Jim Morrison

--------------------
"And we, inhabitants of the great coral of the Cosmos, believe the atom (which still we cannot see) to be full matter, whereas, it too, like everything else, is but an embroidery of voids in the Void, and we give the name of being, dense and even eternal, to that dance of inconsistencies, that infinite extension that is identified with absolute Nothingness and that spins from its own non-being the illusion of everything."

OfflineWolfe3001
journeyman

Loc: Calgary
Re: Friends and drugs [Re: DirtMcgirt]
    #3288045 - 10/28/04 05:03 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

If you lived near me, I'd trip with you...

--------------------
They are in love. Fuck the War.

OfflineMushmonkey
shiftlesslayabout
 User Gallery

Re: Friends and drugs [Re: Wolfe3001]
    #3288145 - 10/28/04 06:26 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I'll never stop making fart jokes
and I'll never stop smoking pot
and I'll never completely stop tripping (although slowing down has worked out to be a good idea for me)

i'm not sure if you should ever get to the point where you couldn't sit down, eat a bunch of shrooms, and just grin as you watch the sun rise, as you feel the grass below you move as if it were waves on the ocean, listen to the bird echoing in your skull, feeling the warmth of the sun come across the face of the earth and slowly remove the chill of the night, watch the sky hit every color between black and bright blue
seriously what kind of jack-boot couldn't enjoy that.

--------------------
i finally got around to making a sig
revel in its glory and quake in fear at its might
grar.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: Friends and drugs [Re: Phishgrrl]
    #3288183 - 10/28/04 06:57 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Phishgrrl said:
I don't know what happened to my friends. If they "grew up", then please, God, never let that happen to me.  We used to all be big deadheads and go to all the west coast shows, do lots of acid, backpacking, climbing, and hiking and party really hard, and have a great time.  Now they are all buttoned up and condescending to anyone that doesn't fit their idea of "socially correct" or "mature" or SOMETHING, I don't know what.

Now I tell them about my experience last week with the shrooms and the rolls and they either look at me really funny and laugh while rolling their eyes at me or act like I'm crazy. One that acted like I was stupid is the same person that did acid when she was pregnant at 17. Jesus Christ, which one of us is stupid?

I just wish they would realize that one can live a balanced healthy life while still making use of plant allies and other insightful chemicals. Hmph!

:rolleyes:

Hey Phishy,

I think that there is so much pressure in society to conform, that some people just can't take it and they give in to that pressure.  Then they become one of "Them."  I think it's really sad, especially when I hear of people pretending like all their experiences with psychedelics never happened.  I bet that guilt is partially a reason why people like your friends change like that.  Even in the age of information there is so much stigma against psychedelics and those who want to experience them.  The goal of the government is to make people feel guilty and bad for doing drugs of all sort.  It takes a strong willed person to stand up to societal pressures over a long period of time. 

I guess that's why a community like the Shroomery is so important.  We're united in a common cause to lift one another up and persevere against those innane pressures.  We understand that one can be a productive member of society AND have a healthy relationship with our plant allies.  We are here to reaffirm one another. 

Maybe your friends need a "check-up" with Dr. Mushroom.  :wink:

Invisiblezee_werp
a fractalcreature
 User Gallery

Loc: Aotearoa
Re: Friends and drugs [Re: MOTH]
    #3288202 - 10/28/04 07:21 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, I've seen this happening too, even in friends who are like 20 or so. It seems like some people find it easy to discredit, or even simply forget, that 'tripper' mindset, where you are free, and you can put things into their true perspective. I think in the world we live in, capitalism is a dominant force in a big way, and tripping goes against that a lot of the time, when I trip, I hate money, it seems so irrelevant, so unimportant. But then you come down and theres the bill for power and rent etc, then you gotta eat, eventually you realise that you need the dough to lead the lifestyle you want. So a lot of trippers go out there and make some dough but then some of them get a little TOO sucked in to the system and rather than milking it and laughing they become part of it, fuelled by the need for money and bullshit status symbols.

Its true its a hard job to integrate a psychedelic outlook on things with 'reality' so to speak as in the social + economic reality of the culture we live in today. Some people are lucky and manage to find or create a good paying job where they get to do fuck-all and toke up all day from their laptop or whatever, for others the road to integration is harder. When I say that today society is dominated by capitalism, this goes into every facet of our lives. Culture has been turned into a servant of capitalism and many aspects of our lives, allbeit subtly or not obvious to us because we are inside it, are controlled and subservant to this phenomenon. The media is a major influence too, but thats part of capitalism as well.

OK so I should probably stop rambling now but just to finish off I say just take a look at the 'hippies' of the 60s. My parents were there, and all their friends, etc, dropping acid, gettin stoned, buliding cabins in the woods, camping, going to rock concerts, sailing round the carribean etc, now they're driving late model shiny cars with Celine Dion in the fucking CD player on their way to have a golf game then home to some wine and cheese, lol. And I'd say my parents are probably even more adventerous than a lot of their friends, yet they still seem pretty damn conservative and 'normal' to me.

Basically, most of the ex hippies are yuppies now, and what chu gonna do about it? Hahaha...just kidding..

Offlinedruqks46
its dat woowoo
Loc: trees
Re: Friends and drugs [Re: zee_werp]
    #3288501 - 10/28/04 11:13 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Ive left friends behind before because of the immaturity. Getting drunk and stoned each and every night can't be too good for you. In that sense I have matured. Responsible use of our "plant allies" is cool in my book. When partying runs your life, then a sense of immaturity is there.

I find no shame in adventuring (skiing, camping, roadtrips, hiking, biking etc...). Some others have grown out of this and like the suburbias with a family and being too caught up in life.

I, myself, have matured in the sense of using drugs responsibly. Past friends have yet to learn the consequences of not being responsible for their partaking in such activities.
Ex.- Drinking and driving.
- Skipping class to smoke some greens.

There is a time and place for all these fun activities, some don't or won't make time, others let it run over their whole day.

I, personally dont find a job where you can just get stoned and fuck around too exciting. Being productive and helping others is what i would like to do while at my job, making it the the best it can be. If you have to get stoned to enjoy your job, then to each his own. I want to work where i have a passion in it such that i dont need to be high.

OfflineSilven
I trip,therefore weare.

Loc: El Mexicano
Re: Friends and drugs [Re: druqks46]
    #3288510 - 10/28/04 11:19 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Very good post Drugs.

I feel you on the maturity required to not skip classes/cut work to party. I know people that still lack the responsibility to handle their daily routine maturely.

Where I work, I can't really be high or anything, and usually don't get high from 6am until I get out of work at 5pm because I enjoy my job and don't want my drug habits to interfere with it in any way.

Like you said, time and place for everything. Some people just irresponsibly alter their time and place.

As far as partying every night drinking and smoking herb, I know people that do this regularly and still wake up to take care of all their daily responsibilities. I just think you need to approach it in a more mature matter than when we were 15.

- Silven

--------------------
Born: 10/31/83, which makes me a Scorpio.

1) Scorpios are the most highly sexed of all the signs of the zodiac.
2) Scorpios are prone to excesses: booze, drugs, sex, bad puns, etc.
They usually exploit the weaknesses of others, who fall victim to
their capacity for total lust & sexual abberation.
3) Scorpios possess great intellectual curiosity & creative talent. They
think they are rebels & are arrogant, proud, conceited, and worth every
penny of it.

What do you bring to the table?

InvisibleLoginName
Stranger
Re: Friends and drugs *DELETED* [Re: Phishgrrl]
    #3288550 - 10/28/04 11:40 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Post deleted by Ythan

Invisiblerogue_pixie
faerydae
Female User Gallery

Loc: UK
Re: Friends and drugs [Re: LoginName]
    #3288557 - 10/28/04 11:42 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Where do I find people like you guys in the real world?

I need cool friends.

--------------------
"Whatever you do, you need to keep moving.  Because when you stop moving you die (physically and emotionally).

Good luck and blessings of happiness and fortune." ~ RandalFlagg RIP

Invisiblechilly
feel like astranger..
Loc: NC
    #3288572 - 10/28/04 11:49 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Drugs are bad..Okay! Hugs, Nugs, and Boomers baby.

--------------------
"Radiate Bliss Consciousness "

InvisibleBoom
just a tester
Male
Loc: Cypress Creek
    #3288608 - 10/28/04 12:06 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

argh I dunno man...This site is one sided...because who wants to think like you? 

Just because you or someone you know has lost all their money to some dealer doesn't mean all drug users are broke.  Weed is a plant that easily grows.  Shrooms are a fungus that can be found across the country.  There are plenty of ways to get stoned without putting chrome wheels on some dealer's car.

I beleive that most of the people on this site have a firm grasp on reality, and just because they smoke some weed every now and then doesn't make them bad. 

In fact, I think what everyone is discussing here is people changing.  Just because someone stops being high all the time doesn't mean they still can't be a very cool person.  I know poeple I used to smoke with all the time that chilled out on their weed consumption due to the "real world".  Luckily, they still blaze with me occasionally, and still have the insight that drugs gave them.

I know I will end up getting a "real job" when I graduate...but I know(hope) that I won't change.  I will still be the fun loving stoner I am now, only I will look fucking good in a suit :smile:    :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :heart:

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
    #3288626 - 10/28/04 12:12 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

LoginName said:
the negative side of drugs is rarely if ever discussed at this site. it is just as one-sided as any anti-drug site you'll find.

Quite the contrary, this site emotes a strong sense of safety and
responsibility.

People around here don't like to see others being stupid with drugs.

You look and sound new.

Quote:

let's take a moment to remember all those times we've smoked the money we were supposed to use to pay bills.

Never happened.

Quote:

let's think about all those times we have called in sick for work because we partyed too hard the night before.

Never happened.

Quote:

let's think about the money we've bummed from mom and dad when our own selfishness and irresponsibility has left us in debt to drug dealers.

Stole from parents once, felt so bad, I put it back and swore it off.

Quote:

let's think about all those times we've sat around hating ourselves for being withdrawn from society and those considered "normal".

I'm not normal?! WHAT?!

Quote:

let's think about having nothing to do while we consume the money which we could have invested into something more long-term than a high.

my 401k comes before my dope sack.

Quote:

let's think about the intolerance we feel toward opinions which differ from our own.

speak for yourself. I don't have any grief for non-users.

Quote:

let's think about all those people who "just don't get it", because there are a hell of a lot of them and we tend to avoid those types.

sure.

Quote:

let's think about how we choose to do something which has the potential of taking away all of our freedoms if we are found in possession of it.

unjust laws don't necessarily imply that the penalized acts are truly sinister

Quote:

let's think about the types of people who end up with our hard earned money, because it's probably not that sweet faced local drug dealer. he is only getting the crumbs of a very large pie.

hey, we've got to fund the CIA's blackops somehow, right?

Quote:

let's think about how we've changed ourselves to conform to the ideals of others, but how we tell ourselves we are different.

I've lived and will die by my own standards and measures.

Quote:

let's think about all the times we've drove intoxicated and the consequences of this action should everything not go as planned.

don't drink and drive.

Quote:

let's think about all those times we've watched our friends do more than they could handle and not said or done anything.

I've never allowed it or experienced it.

Quote:

let's think about the times when we were just looking for a good time and took things too far...and while we think about that, let's take another dose...we can handle it. the list goes on..

Being responsible is the cardinal rule of psychedelic usage.

Quote:

drugs are for the weak. lacking personal strength and security, you are the creation of a system that uses you. if living in denial is being an adult to you, you have a long way to go.

I realize that you are either a puppet or someone who clearly does not
recognize the potential benefits of psychedelics.

Have you ever considered questioning the system that has told you that
all these things you've mentioned go hand in hand with drug use?

It probably came from your local pastor or professor and you believed it
so you've latched onto this notion and used it as an excuse to quell the
anxiety and curiousity you have for drug culture.

Sure, I probably smoke too frequently, but I've never found myself in
a pit of depravity even remotely resembling what you seem to assume
all drug users cower in.

I'm a healthy, happy, responsible adult, first and foremost.

Mushrooms and LSD have done an amazing job help me get my priorities
and goals in order. To see myself, recognize my strenghts and weaknesses
and find confidence and respect in myself.

Judge not lest ye be judged, my friend.

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Offlinecougercruiser
reality is whatyou make it~

Loc: Cali
    #3288711 - 10/28/04 12:30 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

afoaf i had thought of you for awhile now as stupid just by the way you look in that picture and i also made fun of you in a thread by putting your picture up and making some people lugh but you know what.........i was wrong......i was really wrong.........and im sorry:crying:......i feel no petty for myself on this one.........you remind me of my father and thats no joke.your one of the most intelegent people ive heard write in my life.I tip my hat to you  :handth:

OfflineMoxemerald
Executive

Loc: NJ
    #3288766 - 10/28/04 12:42 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

LoginName said:
drugs are for the weak. lacking personal strength and security, you are the creation of a system that uses you. if living in denial is being an adult to you, you have a long way to go.

And what about you? You probably do almost the same thign every day (except maybe the weekends) and one day you will get old. You will ask where your life went and you'll be a depressed bastard.

A huge majority of people everywhere don't have a sense of who they are, and will die sad and alone.

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
Re: Friends and drugs [Re: cougercruiser]
    #3288774 - 10/28/04 12:44 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I listened to your song...it was pretty good (zioni).

plus, that's not me in my avatar! :laugh:

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Offlinecougercruiser
reality is whatyou make it~

Loc: Cali
    #3288789 - 10/28/04 12:47 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

ooooohhhhhhh cool well i still respect you.

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

#3288799 - 10/28/04 12:49 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

why the fuck are you on a drug messageboard?

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies