Anonymous #8 said: I know so many people that are married and miserable, and would kill to be single again, so what? Some would say that there is "obviously" something wrong with being married for 20-30 years.
You felt being alone was hell, that's your perspective, many people find marriage a living hell, it depends.
Right, because a lot of people treat their spouses like shit. And so it starts a vicious cycle.
"Oh, I'm not going to do A B or C for her, because I don't want to seem whipped."
"Oh, I'm not going to do X Y or Z for him, because he never As or B's"
"She hasn't even Zed in years, so obviously why should I...?"
And so on, forever. People who actually respect each other and care about making the others' life better? That's infinitely better than being single. Yes, variety is nice. And sometimes there's nothing quite like the excitement of someone new, or the thrill of the chase. But there's also nothing quite like having someone who knows you intimately, deeply, and still loves you for all your flaws, and wants to be devoted to you no matter what...
And that first part is why god invented open relationships, and "swinging." 
So you see... there is no one path to a given destination. Sometimes you think you know the way, and because of this, you miss a much more rewarding path.
This has been your Deep Fucking Wisdom for the day.
|