Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Alex Grey - TEDx
    #18056466 -



I figured some of you would like to watch this. It would be cool to visit his property sometime.

It's nice to see people who have used hallucinogens go on to be successful and credit those experiences as a positive influence.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Alex Grey - TEDx [Re: trampis]
    #18056480 -

Alex grey is such a laid back dude, good hearted family man, and fellow psychonaut.

i throughly enjoyed when he was a guest on the joe rogan podcast.


good artist as well!


--------------------
No sympathy for the devil, keep that in mind.
[url=
]Buy the ticket, take the ride. [/url]
Are you lost?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Alex Grey - TEDx [Re: Legend]
    #18056515 -





--------------------
No sympathy for the devil, keep that in mind.
[url=
]Buy the ticket, take the ride. [/url]
Are you lost?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Alex Grey - TEDx [Re: Legend]
    #18056592 -

Thanks OP!

Surprised TED hasn't censored this talk yet, not sciency enough you know. :rolleyes:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Alex Grey - TEDx [Re: Constantine]
    #18056599 -

I'd say they will probably take it down soon, but I think they suffered a bit of a backlash for trying to censor Graham Hancock's lecture. I don't think they will make a fuss about it this time.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Alex Grey - TEDx [Re: Legend] * 1
    #18056606 -

legit27 said:






Is this Alex Grey? If so, I'm reconsidering my views on him as an artist. :thumbup:

I still don't get what he's doing on a Tedx tawk tho, and the video is tl, dw for now.

Also, in before SvS projectile vomit.


--------------------
I have pneumonia :pm:


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Alex Grey - TEDx [Re: KremrBigSikter]
    #18056724 -

KremrBigSikter said:
legit27 said:






Is this Alex Grey? If so, I'm reconsidering my views on him as an artist. :thumbup:

I still don't get what he's doing on a Tedx tawk tho, and the video is tl, dw for now.

Also, in before SvS projectile vomit.




in OP's video he talks about both of these performances.

i'd give that vid a better watch, and visit his website if this changes your views at all.

:grin:


--------------------
No sympathy for the devil, keep that in mind.
[url=
]Buy the ticket, take the ride. [/url]
Are you lost?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Alex Grey - TEDx [Re: Legend]
    #18057799 -

I love alex grey!!!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Alex Grey - TEDx [Re: Constantine]
    #18057817 -

Constantine said:
Thanks OP!

Surprised TED hasn't censored this talk yet, not sciency enough you know. :rolleyes:



Alex Grey is an artist. Hancock is a charlatan. I don't see how these situations are at all similar. :billnye:


--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Alex Grey - TEDx [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #18057962 -

I really, really liked this video.

"the light was love, and it connected us all"

I hadn't seen the galaxy painting at the end before either, that's one of my favorites. I want to see it as a print or something so I can study it more. I love that they are going to 3-D print Entheon as well, way cool. Really great video by a really great human and spiritual being. Thanks for posting.

Edited by bryguy27007 (04/04/13 02:42 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Alex Grey - TEDx [Re: bryguy27007]
    #18058016 -

.


--------------------
:mushroom2::sun::crazy2::leaf:




...once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest places if you look at it right...



:feelsgoatman:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Alex Grey - TEDx [Re: Sham87]
    #18071379 -

It was good!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Alex Grey - TEDx [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #18071463 -

BlindSophist said:
Constantine said:
Thanks OP!

Surprised TED hasn't censored this talk yet, not sciency enough you know. :rolleyes:



Alex Grey is an artist. Hancock is a charlatan. I don't see how these situations are at all similar. :billnye:




--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Alex Grey - TEDx [Re: RiderOnTheStorm]
    #18071532 -

Why is Hancock a charlatan?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Alex Grey - TEDx [Re: trampis]
    #18071537 -

I'm a big fan of Graham Hancock. I haven't read any of his books yet but I've seen some videos of his and attended a lecture of his about ayahuasca and spiritual experiences. It was damn good. I'm not sure if the charlatan combo was tongue in cheek or not. I've talked to him before and he seems like a really genuine guy. Plus if you watched his talk that got pulled off of Ted, you can see how much he believes in what he's talking about. But this is better suited for the Hancock Ted thread, not this one.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Alex Grey - TEDx [Re: trampis]
    #18071572 -

i just realized him and his wife are really good looking for like 60 years old god damn.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Alex Grey - TEDx [Re: trampis] * 1
    #18071681 -

Because his whole career past Fingerprints of the Gods was to make shit up that sounds good to people as he went along, to keep the money and the fame, to a lighter degree, pouring in.

Ted Haggard sounded like he believed everything he said in church too, but was blowing male prostitutes for meth behind the scenes. That's what charlatans do, they sound confident, because they're con men.

It doesn't matter to Graham Hancock when shit he writes is thoroughly debunked, he does not go back and revise his theories. Now he's peddling ayahuasca mysticism because it's hot with his demographic and it's hard for him to go further than people coming from Mars.

TL;DR - He sells you what you want to believe.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Alex Grey - TEDx [Re: RiderOnTheStorm]
    #18071693 -

Just finished watching.
Great lecture, and awesome art :biggrin:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Alex Grey - TEDx [Re: GrimReaper]
    #18071763 -

posting for to keep the threads :smile:


--------------------
"I have never freed myself from the suspicion that there is something very odd about this mission."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Alex Grey - TEDx [Re: RiderOnTheStorm]
    #18071766 -

Alright, well I'm not buying that. But that's cool. There's really no way for either of us to be proven right or wrong. All I know is I do believe that he believes in what he's saying. No need to clutter the Alex Grey thread with this though.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* TEDx Censorship: Graham Hancock & Rupert Sheldrake banned videos Keru 2,985 15 03/21/13 03:43 PM
by KremrBigSikter
* Herbie Hancock Baked Goods? Aninator 366 1 08/30/10 10:14 AM
by PartyMarty4000
* ron paul is a charlatan
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Sophistic Radiance 2,983 88 05/12/11 06:18 AM
by Prisoner#1
* △ Graham Hancock questions Richard Dawkins on psychedelics and challenging his world view Playful Hate 867 8 08/09/12 09:49 AM
by Mad_Larkin
* EGA & LT presents - 2012 Origins of Consciousness Tour - Hancock, McKenna & Schultz - Oct in Aus RonnySimulacrum 1,184 9 10/12/12 06:02 AM
by blewmeanie
* Lets take another look at Alex Jones
( 1 2 all )
Moonshoe 1,089 24 08/10/17 09:02 AM
by MommaSmurf
* Latest Alex Jones Film: "The Obama Deception"
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 all )
mathewww 23,872 159 03/07/16 04:11 AM
by Triton79
* Alex Jones Detained on Orders of Bilderberg Group
( 1 2 all )
aNeway2sayHooray 3,044 20 06/11/06 12:01 PM
by Prisoner#1

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,920 topic views. 5 members, 14 guests and 113 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.034 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 18 queries.