Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: Depression.. [Re: DoctorJ]
    #1734009 -

once you get to the top and you realize that money cars and other finite consumables cant quench your thirst, then you start to realize...

Are you merely parroting this wisdom or have you lived it? Please post a picture of your Ferrari, your ski chalet and your trophy wife so that we know you are speaking from direct experience...



--------------------



The proof is in the pudding.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Depression.. [Re: Swami]
    #1734068 -

Swami said:
once you get to the top and you realize that money cars and other finite consumables cant quench your thirst, then you start to realize...

Are you merely parroting this wisdom or have you lived it? Please post a picture of your Ferrari, your ski chalet and your trophy wife so that we know you are speaking from direct experience...





I know people with literally, all the money to spend in the world, they could afford ANYTHING, and they are miserable. It seem's to be a reoccuring theme for anyone with some degree of substance...


--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Depression.. [Re: PDU]
    #1734157 -

Well, I have spent a few years in depression research and there is evidence it has existed throughout history. It has also been found to exist across cultures (unlike some other disorders that are culture-bound like eg. anorexia in the west or Amok in Malaya). It is also getting more common. Not sure if it is because of increased awareness of the symptoms or decreased stigma or better means of identification. Prob a combination of those things, though I seem to remember reading that there is evidence that it is getting more common independent of all that. According to a WHO study, at the moment depression is the health affliction that is the 4th biggest health cost to society and by the year 2020 it will be the second.


--------------------
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.

"Being bitter and hateful is like drinking a vial of poison and hoping the other person gets sick" FreakQLibrium

"My motto from here on out is: If someone or something (including me) in my life is conducting themselves in such a way that they can be seen on Jerry Springer, it's time to take out the garbage!!! When you stop taking their behaviour personally and see their antics as a true reflection on their character, it becomes absolutely nauseating." Anon. on abusive relationships.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Depression.. [Re: enotake2]
    #1735414 -

wow, shockingly sad.


--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Depression.. [Re: PDU]
    #1740515 -

Yeah I reckon it is our capitalist society. It's all about achievement and people have become perfectionists. It's because marketing works by selling 'needs' to people. You need to have a good body, a relationship, the latest SUV, then a different SUV, a good education at a good school (and the company makes money). And u know? people with lower self esteem buy the goods. Fact - people with low self esteem make companies the most money. And by promoting 'you need' the perfect (insert thing eg. body, here) creates lower self esteem because you make comparisons (your situation vs. the advertised one) which makes the company money. So they profit by lowering your self esteem. Hey, when we had a better pile of vine leaves to sleep on than the next cave inhabiting homo sapien we were pretty happy at one point - grunt, what's a SUV? Perfectionism is a killer because you feel inadequate with less.


--------------------
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.

"Being bitter and hateful is like drinking a vial of poison and hoping the other person gets sick" FreakQLibrium

"My motto from here on out is: If someone or something (including me) in my life is conducting themselves in such a way that they can be seen on Jerry Springer, it's time to take out the garbage!!! When you stop taking their behaviour personally and see their antics as a true reflection on their character, it becomes absolutely nauseating." Anon. on abusive relationships.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Depression.. [Re: enotake2]
    #1740518 -

Wow, really well said!!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Depression.. [Re: PDU]
    #1740539 -

Well I can only talk about my own experience and how I use to feel depress, stressing the word use to, because it has been years since I felt depress.
In MY CASE it had to do with not fallowing "my path" if you will, trying to be some one I was not, these person that society imposes on you.
Like to have a career, try to climb the corporate ladder etc, etc.
For some people that may be what they want but it was never what I wanted, but I had no other choice but to fallow that, because the ?world? tell you that?s the only way to be successful.
Well when you do something that is against your nature, you struggle you live in conflict, and eventually you feel depress.
One Day I said fucked, this is no way to live, an I beguine to do the things I wanted, for example got the hell out of NYC, and went to live in a log cabin............ and I live very happy now, that was just one change.
Well the moral of my story is follow your dreams and desires even if people think that they are crazy and stupid better that, then to fallow some one else?s.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Depression.. [Re: LOBO]
    #1740819 -

"Are you merely parroting this wisdom or have you lived it? Please post a picture of your Ferrari, your ski chalet and your trophy wife so that we know you are speaking from direct experience..."

my father is a millionaire and so are all his clients. I've seen a lot of miserable wealthy people in my time. I've also been poor (my mom was an opera singer, when she divorced my dad, she became quite poor)

the poor worry about getting money. the rich worry about losing theirs. its the same amount of worry on both sides.

and yes, I have been to the point where I personally had enough money to buy whatever I wanted and was still unsatisfied.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Depression.. [Re: DoctorJ]
    #1740892 -

I think depression is all such bullshit, having been depressed for a minor period in my life, I know what it's like, and I know how easy it is to simply stop being depressed...

Several months after I stopped being depressed I took mushrooms for the first time and realized that I can be however I want to be. You never really have to be sad, you're just making yourself sad. You have COMPLETE control over everything you feel, I wish I only realized this sooner and without the aid of mushrooms.

I just though I'de throw my 2 cents in...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Happiness Delusion? Depression Sane?
( 1 2 all )
DoctorJ 3,327 23 11/15/03 02:18 AM
by jiva
* The rise of depression
( 1 2 all )
Mixomatosis 2,482 20 12/16/03 03:28 PM
by fireworks_god
* Depression
( 1 2 3 all )
CosmicJokeM 6,239 43 11/21/02 10:33 PM
by Phluck
* Psylocibes and depression - your thoughts? gothicwolf 2,144 19 01/09/03 02:20 PM
by Grav
* Depression questforall 1,025 5 01/01/03 11:20 PM
by CrowHeart
* problem with meditation.
( 1 2 all )
kaiowas 4,963 39 12/23/11 08:10 AM
by Icelander
* depressing revelation
( 1 2 all )
spud 2,215 20 11/04/02 08:58 PM
by MarkostheGnostic
* Depression and the Buzz Sole_Worthy 731 2 08/05/03 01:17 AM
by Deiymiyan

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
3,418 topic views. 1 members, 8 guests and 20 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.023 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 15 queries.