Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinequestforall
very-stranger
Loc: Vancouver BC
Depression
    #1182910 - 01/01/03 11:05 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Hey Ya'll. Someone asked me for some more information on the topic of depression and clinical treatment for it, so I pasted a past of that letter here so that anyone can get some benefit. All the best

Depression (manic depression): is a common problem in the human population throughout the world- so common that pharmaceutical companies specialize solely in antidepressant drugs. It should be no surprise, however, that very few of the supposedly ?expert? psychiatrists ever consider hypoglycemia and food allergies when they do an intake history on a patient who complains of depression. Before you run off and spend $75-$150 per session with a ?shrink?, do a ?pulse test? and a six-hour GTT on yourself (if you are really depressed, you will have to get a family member to help you run these tests to completion). Look for allergic shiners (black patches under the eyes) at the peak of depression. Spontaneous crying, thoughts of suicide and hopelessness are common; depression may be cyclic as in PMS. Food allergies, hypoglycemia and PMS account for 90% of the diagnosed ?depression? today. Avoid caffeine.
Treatment of depression should include dealing with the food allergies (i.e., avoidance, rotation, autoimmune urine/blood therapies) and hypoglycemia (i.e. hypoglycemia diet and chromium/vanadium supplementation at 50-200 mcg t.i.d.; base line supplementation program, iron at 45mg/day, B-6, B-2, B-1 at mg t.i.d., B-12 at 1,000 mcg/day, vitamin C to bowel tolerance, calcium at 2,000 mg/ day and magnesium at 1,000 mg/day, potassium at 250 mg q.i.d., essential fatty acids at 5 gm t.i.d. and dl-phenylalanine, 1-trypto-phane and 1-tyrosine at 2gm t.i.d. each. Plant derived colloidal minerals with lithium can be useful.

Pulse Test: you learn your base pulse rate (count the number of heartbeats in one minute right before eating), then eat a single food (i.e. milk only, wheat only, etc.) and check your pulse 15, 30 and 60 minutes after you eat the single food item; an elevation in pulse rate of more then ten beats is an indicator that you are allergic to that food. You must be serious and aggressive at this project because it takes time to and effort ? after you get cancer, it?s a little late to realize that you spent more time working on your lawns health then you did on your own!!!
A second method of allergy diagnosis can be in conjunction with the pulse test is the diet diary; this is especially useful when emotional symptoms and headaches are associated with food allergies. First you eat a single food (do with pulse test) noting the time on a pad of paper, then record emotional symptoms and/or headaches with the time; the symptom will appear within minutes to a few hours of ingestion of the offending food (this includes hyperactivity and dyslexia). Do a six-hour GTT as almost everyone with allergies has hypoglycemia because the celiac changes in the intestine prevent the efficient absorption of chromium.

All of this data was copied from the book, Lets Play Doctor, by J.D. Wallach, BS, DVM, ND, and Ma Lan, MD, MS.

I would personally look at depression also from other points of view, and would help the medical process by practicing things like hatha yoga, or any type of yoga, Qui Kong, Tai Chi, Reiki, or any type of discipline that deals with steadying the mind and opening the subtle channels of the body. A practice of meditation, would be recommended, although that word, meditation, is very controversial. Anything that will help you steady your mind will help, and this is not just for depressed people, but for everyone.

PEace

--------------------
Please look within. Try. Try more.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Depression [Re: questforall] * 1
    #1182925 - 01/01/03 11:21 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Good post... some additional/supporting thoughts...

- always get a medical opinion... a large portion of mental problems are actually symptoms of a physical condition. This can be anything from a tic bite to food allergies.

- the mind is all powerful. It can take you to hell or heaven. Progressive relaxation, meditation, etc help, but you have to have the will and guidance to get the most out of them, which can be difficult when depressed. Spend a week or two at a monestary and let your body/mind/karma/soul heal. Most people in monestaries are their for their own sake and will not pawn their belief system upon you regardless of your faith. Most have rules, however; and you are usually expected to follow them.

- always try to change your 'intake' rather than adding more to it. What I mean is try to change what/how you eat, for example, rather than taking drugs (prescription or otherwise) for example. Intakes are more than just eating... the air we breath and smell (get out to the country for a while), the sights we see (when was the last time we were out of the city and around nature), the clothes we wear, the chemicals we absorb, the pills we take, etc...

- find a good doctor that you can trust. One that isn't in it for the money, that isn't getting kickbacks from the drug companies, that cares about healing. Be honest with your doctor and yourself...

I am not an MD and don't mean for this to be medical advice.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Depression [Re: questforall]
    #1182932 - 01/01/03 11:25 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Manic depression is not the same as depression. Manic depression is the old term for what is now known as bipolar disorder. It's when you switch between being "manic", where you're extremely happy and energetic, and depression, where you're, well, depressed.

"All of this data was copied from the book, Lets Play Doctor, by J.D. Wallach, BS, DVM, ND, and Ma Lan, MD, MS."

Yeah, and playing doctor is what they're doing.

"an elevation in pulse rate of more then ten beats is an indicator that you are allergic to that food"

No it's not. Plain and simple. You can't just make things up and call it science.

"Food allergies, hypoglycemia and PMS account for 90% of the diagnosed ?depression? today."

Little known fact: When you make something up and call it a fact, it's not a fact, it is, in fact, a lie.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #1182939 - 01/01/03 11:28 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Here's a picture of the guy who wrote the book:

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Re: Depression [Re: Phluck]
    #1182960 - 01/01/03 11:46 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Bwahaha...

I just got off anti-depressants
I used to have really nasty depression and social anxiety. It sucks bad. Plain and simple. Warps your whole fuckin world, and you have no idea what you believe in, or who you are. Well I didn't anyways.

I could write a shit-load about where it came from, how it affected me, and how I got over it, but I'd rather not right now...

The most helpful thought for getting over depression for me has been that there is no 'right' or 'wrong' way to exist. Life is what you make of it. It's so true.
And that nobody is 'better' than someone else. There is no reason to feel uncomfortable or inferior around other people. You are only inferior if you think you are. There is nothing to fear but fear itself.

OfflineCrowHeart
No one

Loc: Cast?lo da Maia, Maia, Po...
    #1183803 - 01/01/03 11:20 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Here are some url's... I hope it will help everyone understand depression and bi-polar disorder...

http://members.fortunecity.com/nohpe/
http://tonycap5.tripod.com/manic_depression.htm

these are just examples of course...

--------------------
What the hell am I supposed to write here???

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom