Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1

Loc: over here
Depression and the Buzz
    #1777523 - 08/04/03 07:55 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Ok, Depression can stick around 24/7 for years, where as happiness only seems short lived. 

Depression is free, you just find yourself slipping into it. It is so easy to become depressed sometimes. You feel like shit and you have to make an effort to lift yourself out of it, when you so easily slipped into it.

I've been thinking, there may well be an opposite of depression. Happiness, a buzz that can also last 24/7 and for years, but as it is depressions opposite it may well have opposite properties.

So Instead of it being free and slipping into it you have to make an effort. You have to work for it.  Work is usually considered a chore, to be honest I don't like any kind of work, If this post could be typed for me, id love that :nut:

So How can work be buzzin man?  I've been working on an audio project for the past few months, and its gonna take me a few more months to complete, throughout a lot of it ive been getting pissed off with the amount of work ive set myself, but then there are these moments where I feel so inspired IM BUZZING! And it is free, I worked for this feeling! I created this feeling!

Im thinking maybe the key here lies in art. Or maybe art as a way to further this buzz. Or maybe you could buzz off life itself.  Realizing your alive man! thats fucking great! If I live to 80, I will so wish I was 20 again...wohaah, hold on a minute...I am 20! fuck thats excellent!

I also wondered that maybe our ansestors lived the buzz. If we could go out and hunt etc and forfil our instincts then we would be satisfying our soul. Instead of living this lie we do now, in our "civilised" world.

Ok, so someones will say that we cant be happy all the time because of survivial, we need to be on guard etc. I disagree, we can opperate perfectly well happy. If we were also in tune with instinct would we not be sorted?  Maybe we can also make use of where we have got to, we no longer need to be the fittest to survive, we are kept alive now. Maybe we can make the best of this and find the buzz, man!

A friend of mine who is usualy so posotive said my theory is vry unlickely, but I have FAITH in it, and I will find the answer.

get it all together get like birds of a feather

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
Re: Depression and the Buzz [Re: Sole_Worthy]
    #1778784 - 08/04/03 06:00 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Man. i know what your saying. And i think sometimes... like ive thought long before... why do i have to work to be happy? But then i thought... of course it makes sense. To get your life together you have to do something about it. To be happy... "truely happy", you have to have thigns going right... You have to work for it. For me... art is the way out. WHen i lookk at a sculpture... i think of it like almost my child... but not even that. A creation of my own hands. Something I made. SOmething i worked to acomplish. And when I look at it... and when i see what i have done to get something out of me.... Its like that sculpture is an entity all to istelf... Giving back to me... As i gave it out to the world. That gives me such a Huge BUZZ! sometimes tears... *sniffelz*  :smile2: .

That keeps me going man. Im going to go to college... im going to be able to organize myself... Get my thoughts together. What i know about the world. And like you man... your theory. I have faith in it. And ill give my life to it. Cause when i look at what i can do... and what it can do for other people. What i know what other people can do. I realize its worth it. That RIGHT There gives me that buzz. Cause i know it can be done... And I realize my life wouldnt be worth living if i dont try to do something. I have experience to look back on to PROVE that. I can look at my dad... or his family... or some of my moms side of the family. And I KNOW which road to not go to. Like you said man... depression is given freely. And those who dont wish to do anything about it... nothing will come to them. Theres a world so lovely i wish to see one day, and im gonna do whatever I can to get there.  I just got to keep that buzz going, and reading posts like this... gives me a buzz :smile:. Awesome post man.

Keep that BUZZ ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :eyemouth: 

Loc: Within the Realm of Imagi...
Re: Depression and the Buzz [Re: Sole_Worthy]
    #1780345 - 08/05/03 03:17 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I just came back from a jam session! I know exactly what you mean with that positive BUZZ.

We worked hard. And it payed off !

What a great evening it was !

Dei Gratia de integro,

Veni Vidi Vici:

In Nomine Domini..

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology