Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Am I screwed?
    #1705919 - 07/11/03 02:54 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Ok I went into an apt w/ a friend who isn't so bright. Big mistake. We had a lil op in a walk in closet. He was chillen w/ the wrong people and they cought on and we got robbed. They broke in through a window and took everything. I was fired from my job and now we have no way of paying the rent. I didn't report it to the police of course. Now I want out of the lease and it's under my name co-signed supposedly by my dad but at the rent free place that found me apt new my dad never even came in and just me and my room mate signed the actual lease. Theres a $1,600 securtity deposit on it. My drunk roomate ruined the entire living room carpet spilling shit everywhere. We also cut holes in the wall into the closet for ventalation. I have no money to have it fixed and don't know how either. Im thinking of just writing her a letter saying she can keep the $1,600(two months rent) its the tenth today. that was my roomates room that got robbed who moved out of state. We have no more money now and Im sorry its a big mistake for ever getting the place and put the keys in there tell im done with the lease. I completely cleaned out all lights vacumed out closet got rid of everything incriminating for pot. Except holes in the wall. Can she do anything like come after me and sue me in court is it likely. Should I be sweating this? Im about to send out the letter let me know.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineWysefool
I AM SKELETON JELLY
Male User Gallery
Re: Am I screwed? [Re: QuantumMeltdown]
    #1705927 - 07/11/03 02:58 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Just fix the damn hole man, look it up on the net it's so easy I did it once when I was like 10 and hacked up my wall with an exacto knife. I don't even think the stuff to fix it is expensive. But as for the legal stuff I have no idea.

--------------------
GET MAD SWAG MONEY BIG PIMPIN

InvisibleDazedSol
old hand

#1705941 - 07/11/03 03:01 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Yep wholes are easy to fix.....you get drywall screen and puddy.....cover the hole with the screening.....puddy over it then sand and paint......easy and pretty cheap to do

--------------------
Peace,
Adam

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Am I screwed? [Re: DazedSol]
    #1705959 - 07/11/03 03:06 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

There big friggin holes! are youre sure? like 1 ft by 3ft long and 8 inch bathroom circle fans ontop?

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Jimmy Buffett

Invisibleeric_the_red
 User Gallery

Loc: happy land
    #1705989 - 07/11/03 03:14 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

well, you'll have to buy a sheet of drywall then and cut it to fit the holes.

--------------------

Anno cock? is that some kind of Greek liqueur? -Geo's All Knowing Sex Slave

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Am I screwed? [Re: eric_the_red]
    #1706038 - 07/11/03 03:26 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I actually already have dry wall. What do I do to attach it?

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

-Mark Twain

Jimmy Buffett

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1706059 - 07/11/03 03:31 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

My dad actually has all this stuff over here. I have this shit called joint compound also. Im thinking of going there tonight and doing this.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

-Mark Twain

Jimmy Buffett

Invisibleeric_the_red
 User Gallery

Loc: happy land
    #1706145 - 07/11/03 04:03 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

here is a good, illustrated explanation of the process:

http://www.quikship.com/nrha/DRYWALL/indxpth.htm

sroll down to the bottom section. that is what you are probably going to have to do.

--------------------

Anno cock? is that some kind of Greek liqueur? -Geo's All Knowing Sex Slave

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1706862 - 07/11/03 08:58 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I think if you stay calm you should be able to work through this semi-smoothly :smile:

It sounds like you know how to think, so don't let this bother you too much.

All you can do is use this experience to avoid ones like it in the future.

You're not "screwed." You're OK. Stay calm and "collected."

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Am I screwed? [Re: Strumpling]
    #1707279 - 07/11/03 11:27 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks man. Hopefully she will just take the security deposit and just say the hell with it. Im going to attempt to fix the holes tomorow night.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

-Mark Twain

Jimmy Buffett

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

Re: Am I screwed? [Re: Strumpling]
    #1707848 - 07/12/03 04:32 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Well I'm not sure if you can think or not considering you started a grown op with a fuckwad like that. And you signed a lease with someone you must not have known well. If you did know him than thats even worse.

Anyway, you should be able to fix the wall and clean the carpet for less than $200. obviously it is worth it. What is the penalty for getting out of the lease early? You might be able to make a deal to stay until they get a new renter and avoid a penalty.

Chalk it up to experience and make some better decisions next time.

--------------------
Be all and you'll be to end all

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Re: Am I screwed? [Re: mntlfngrs]
    #1713597 - 07/14/03 08:52 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

you had a 3rd roomate that jumped ship?> im confused.

"Need help repairing that nasty hole in your wall?
Just ask someone at The Shroomery!

The Shr00mery(tm). It's not just psycho-babble anymore!"

Offlinebillbraski
just some dood.

Loc: the woods behind your hou...
Re: Am I screwed? [Re: Grav]
    #1713874 - 07/14/03 12:33 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I'd say if the carpet is ruined, that would be your bigger problem right there. New carpet would be more expensive then getting those holes fixed. Think about renting a carpet cleaner for a day or something...

OfflineTheHobbit
Pot Head Pixie

Loc: the Oily Way...
Re: Am I screwed? [Re: billbraski]
    #1714117 - 07/14/03 02:23 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Roomates can be assholes, no doubt about it.
As far as damage to the apt goes, some things fall under normal wear and tear, you may very well get some of the security back, I wouldn't worry about being pursued in court for this, landlords see much much worse! Is the carpet replacable at a reasonable cost?

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Am I screwed? [Re: TheHobbit]
    #1716354 - 07/14/03 11:42 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks for all the replies. I just decided to leave the holes in the wall. She(land lord) hires these haitain guys to come out and do repairs. I sent her a letter saying she can keep the $1,600 Im very sorry but I lost my job and It was a mistake getting a room-mate. We got robbed and have no more money to pay rent I included the keys in there. She tried calling my dads house today but I deleted the message. It sucks because she thinks he cosigned on the damn thing when me and my friend where the only ones that ever signed the actual lease and we were the only ones looking for the apt. We went through this weird agency thing that finds apts. Im avioding talking to her because I think she will probably be pretty pissed about it. They own alot of properties though so Im sure its not the first time this happend to them. It would probably cost more money to hire an attorney and come after me then to just fix the place and re rent it. Hopefully she wont ruin my credit or my dads credit. I really learned a lot from that whole experience. I kept her number though should I call her back? What should I say if she calls again and I accidently answer the phone. Somehow she got this number of where my dad lives. I don't know how. I would really prefer to just let time blow this whole thing over and not talk to her ever again if possible.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

-Mark Twain

Jimmy Buffett

Edited by QuantumMeltdown (07/14/03 11:45 PM)

Offlineneutralizer
Spiritual beinghaving a Humanexperience
Loc: This Planet Earth
    #1716962 - 07/15/03 02:46 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

An easier way than talking in person or phone would be by letter, either actual mail or email. Or have your dad or a friend come in with you (safety in numbers). It's probably best to have it all resolved than to have it come and bite you in the ass later.

Take out a copy of your lease that you signed when you moved in and see what that says. Did you say she said that if you don't take care of the stuff, she'd keep the $1600? She may plan on reporting you to the credit bureau or whatever. Look in your lease and see what it takes to break a lease. The way most apt. complexes around here do it is they take any money they have from you/that you give them, and apply it to repairs and past due rent first, before applying it to newer/current fees. So even if she keeps the $1600, she may plan on trying to get you to pay for current rent and for breaking the lease and stuff. You could just ignore it, but it might get reported and go on your credit. If your Dad signed the lease or was a cosigner, same for him - but if his name doesn't show up on the lease anywhere, he should be safe.

Good luck getting it resolved, sometimes apt. managers can be cut thoat bitches.

--------------------
There are things known, and there are things unknown, and in between are the doors - Morrison

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being