Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineStonedShroom
OG shroomerite
 User Gallery

Rommates acting weird..
    #2099082 - 11/12/03 11:14 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I think something is wrong with my roommates. Recently I moved in with two of my good friends (who happen to be a gay couple) Let's say there names are Shawn and John They used to be happy-go lucky and do a lot of things. John got his car repossesed earlier this summer. Then one day around the begiining of august Shawn just quit going to work. He had a really good job, garaunteed 40 hours (and plenty more readily available to be picked up) that paid $10.50/hr reg hours, $20/hr premium. He called in for like a week straight then he just stopped bothering to call in and just quit. For no appearant reason... He got me a job at the same place and he didn't have any enemies or people that were even slightly rude to him. (besides customers on the phone-but eh it's part of the job) He just stopped going to work. Started just sittin at home all day on the computer playing tournaments online at game sites. A mutual friend of ours, Miles, wrote a computer program that practically all the schools in this state use to send medicare claims. Miles hired John to work for him in tech support for his company. Well, john's job basically consisted of just sitting in an office by himself all day playing games online. In the meantime, Shawn's still just not making any attempt to find another job, but that was ok cuz john had calary of 900 every two weeks and that got the bills paid... but it didnt pay for shawn's insurance and his car insurance was canceled. his tag on his truck also expired in like may. so i move in and they start driving my car everywhere cuz shawn's truck is illegal.

John got fired last week and now both of them just sit here and play online games and playstation 2 day in and day out... shawn has a job that's like 15 hrs a week at target for 6.70/hr

and they eat like fucking pigs... I've witnessed john eat like a whole bag big of pizza rolls by himself just a couple hours after eating like 8 plates at a chinese buffet. when we get pizza they each have their own large pizza plus cheese sticks.

i've also noticed they don't bathe like reguarly... John always smells nasty-like ass. it's like i think his idea of a shower is to stand there for 3 minutes and wash his hair with bar soap and rinse and whatever suds go down over his body are it.

i said something to shawn when he first quit his job... like john asked if i could take him somewhere and i asked why shawn couldnt do it and he said cuz his truck was illegal and i said 'well, maybe if you hadnt of quit your job you wouldnt have this problem' and he got really defensive and huffy about it and didnt talk to me for like a week.

anyway i hope they're not thinking I'm goin to pick up their slack becuz i will not. I mean, if they were actually trying to find a job or at least working more hours i might be more sympathetic and help out with things... but as of now I'll only pay my third. but if they're gonna be lazy pigs then tough shit.

I dont know what to say to them.

thanks if you actually read this whole long post.

--------------------
We are not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience.

We are spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous #1

Re: Rommates acting weird.. [Re: StonedShroom]
    #2099237 - 11/12/03 11:52 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

i have no advice, although this post was quite enjoyable, thanks :smile:

OfflineStonedShroom
OG shroomerite
 User Gallery

Re: Rommates acting weird.. [Re: ]
    #2099344 - 11/13/03 12:18 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

why are you even in this forum.

it's one thing to be an asshole in OTD... but to go out of your way to come to a forum where you know people are going to be talking about problems and be an asshole is another.

It's like shooting fish in a bucket. It's not funny. It's immature, so unless you have something constructive, helpful, or supportive to say, then don't bother posting in here.

--------------------
We are not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience.

We are spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.

InvisibleSuffer
puter dork
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: MA
Re: Rommates acting weird.. [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #2099522 - 11/13/03 12:58 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

dude, no reason you should pick up any slack except your own, and it doesnt sound like your the problem.

Just start doing things that cost money... or be like, hey, i got 10 bucks on a pizza, you got the rest? Make em think about the fact that they arnt working, and dont have money.

Other then that... i have no clue dude. Tolerate it while you can, and if things stay this way, tell em your gona move out. If that doesnt help, MOVE OUT. No reason you should have to do all the work

--------------------

Offlinesykobish
ProfessionalPsycho - JTOKREW
 User Gallery

Loc: Toronto, eh?
    #2100294 - 11/13/03 06:01 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I agree.  Don't let them con you into taking care of them or going out of your way to help them when they aren't willing to help themselves.  Give them some 'tough love' and make them realize that they aren't gonna get a free ride.  Sooner or later they wont like the idea that they have nothing and can get nothing.  Maybe that will be enough incentive for them to get off their lazy asses.

As for yourself, make sure you have a backup plan incase something goes wrong and you need to look for a place to stay.  Don't get stuck paying their rent.

Another subtle hint about them not showering: buy one of those air freshener sprays.  Leave it on the living room table.  When they are around, screw up your nose.. ask them if they 'smell that' and spray the air.  Then possibly throw in 'jokingly' "Hey did you shower today yet?" and giggle a little.  It will get your point across, but in a 'nice' way. :laugh: 

--------------------
I would rather have had one breath of her hair, one kiss from her mouth, one touch of her hand, than eternity without it. One.
-={Nite-Crew}=-

*-_Thread_Jacker_-*
To love is to admire with the heart; to admire is to love with the mind. - Th?ophile Gautier.
Seek not every quality in one individual - Confucius.
Global Living Space

Offlinevoxtemporalis
Demi-human

Loc: Planet Conventia - The Co...
    #2105661 - 11/14/03 12:03 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

One thing that I learned really quickly, never move in with your friends. It is a great way to ruin the friendship.

I think what you need to do is not beat around the bush. Sit the two of them down and talk to them. Tell them that you are not going to pick up their slack and they need to get off their lazy bums and go get a job.

--------------------
-aut disce aut discede-

Offlinechamp
pudding pop
 User Gallery

Loc: unknown trashscape
    #2108950 - 11/15/03 02:02 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Move out, if you can. My GF lost thousands of dollars and got bad info on her credit report 'cause of fucked up friends/roommates. The signs were there but she didn't want to think that friends could screw her over, then bam! Make sure that nothing is in your name, like phone bills etcetera. Other people can ruin your credit for years if the accounts are in your name. Good luck, hope it works out okay.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being