Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: An interesting read: (Christians, drugs, and disaster) [Re: Stix Russell]
    #2479707 - 03/29/04 12:10 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

"WARNING: The Post-Larval Must Be Very Cautious in Communicating with Larval humans.

And some other such as: One cannot use the language of the butterfly to communicate with caterpillars."

I think this is an excellent example of how the holier-than-thou Christian community is really no different from the more-enlightened-than-thou psychedelics community.

To the Christians, EllemyshShade was a lost soul, who had yet to find truth. To you, it's the Christians who are the lost souls.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: An interesting read: (Christians, drugs, and disaster) [Re: Phluck]
    #2479729 - 03/29/04 12:19 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Phluck said:

To the Christians, EllemyshShade was a lost soul, who had yet to find truth. To you, it's the Christians who are the lost souls.

Very true.  Its unhappy that there is no middle ground.  All I was doing is relating how drugs have impacted my life positively, but these people couldn't even see how that was possible. 

Just as I couldn't even see how it was possible that they could *not* consider that.  :crazy:

All about perspective I guess...

*me*

OfflineTrip
Lost Pilgrim

Re: An interesting read: (Christians, drugs, and disaster) [Re: MOTH]
    #2481366 - 03/29/04 07:26 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

im actually really curious as to what her response would have been to your PM. it could have been quie the debate. anyway, like what the other guys said, good for you for sticking up for yourself. are you still thinking of going back to christiianity? itd be a shame to stunt your spiritual quest just because organized religion soiled god's name. even though its not really my path as i am an athiet, ytou gotta go your own way.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: An interesting read: (Christians, drugs, and disaster) [Re: Trip]
    #2481385 - 03/29/04 07:31 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Trip said:
im actually really curious as to what her response would have been to your PM.  it could have been quie the debate. anyway, like what the other guys said, good for you for sticking up for yourself. are you still thinking of going back to christiianity? itd be a shame to stunt your spiritual quest just because organized religion soiled god's name. even though its not really my path as i am an athiet, ytou gotta go your own way.

I never went back after I wrote that PM just like I said I wouldn't.  She may have written me back, but I never knew. 

I will probably never consider myself a "Christian" in the traditional term, even though I believe in some elements involved with Christianity.  And yeah...I'm staying clear of organized religion.  Its hard though, when your parents are as rigidly fundamental as the people on that site.  :tongue: My parents are always asking me to go to church with them, and if I don't they give me an unbearable guilt trip.

InvisibleAhab McBathsalts
OTD Windmill Administrator
Other User Gallery Ultimate Champion: Blackjack

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Wind Turbine, AB
    #2542205 - 04/09/04 02:20 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

great read, you did the right thing.

--------------------
"Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's going to die."

Offlinedaba
Stranger
 User Gallery

#2542324 - 04/09/04 03:37 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

BLAH I can't even bother to read that. I read half way and the blindless your respondent replied with is just utterly infuriating.

--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]