Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Your Spirituality
    #1696928 - 07/08/03 04:13 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

How do you view your spirit? (if you can put it into words)

What sort of events strengthen your spirit?

Do you feel as if it is something you consciously think about in your daily life, or does it feel more subconscious... (something you don't think about much, but you know it is there) ?

Do you see your spirit ascending to some level, or do you see it as a more grounded entity, maybe a filtering device to pull out your favorite stimuli from the world?

What seems to hurt your soul the most? (TV, negativity from others, perceived personal failures, do you feel something important is missing, etc.)

Not sure if this will be very reply-able, but I was just a little curious how all you people handle things.

I just rearranged and semi-cleaned my room, and it makes me feel really good. External organization has always made me feel a little more clear mentally. I think it is important to let these things effect you positively without reading into them too much.

Peace

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAislingGheal
A wave on the ocean
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Northern Ohio
Re: Your Spirituality [Re: Grav]
    #1697224 - 07/08/03 06:26 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I'm not conscious of spirit normally but when I'm doing certain things that changes. I take it for granted that spirit is always present but certain things increase my perception of it, like when I do yoga or spend time outdoors hiking. It happens sometimes when I play guitar, though not often. It feels like crossing over into something greater than myself, like dissolving into a larger entity, I can't explain or prove it, it just happens. It doesn't usually feel like an ascension for me, just a connectedness.

What seems to sap my spirit the most? Negativity doesn't help but it can be overcome and tv is trance inducing so that can be an impediment, but grief seems to be the hardest thing for me, the loss of loved ones is hard to shake off. There are people I miss so much that the loss of them haunts me, and at times it hinders my spirit or my awareness of spirit. This is a problem I've wrestled with for about a year now.

--------------------

"I hate having to pick between the lesser of two evils. But I'm glad Obama was elected. McCain was another war monger. I'd rather deal with our country going into debt than trying to take on afghanistan...oh wait FUCK!" - Fungus_tao

OfflineRhizoid
carbon unit
Male

Loc: Europe
    #1697226 - 07/08/03 06:27 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I'll reply to just two things in your post. The word spirit can be used in many ways. I think of spirit as anything that motivates me and that provides me with intents and purposes. It can be almost anything, like hunger (a body spirit), or aggression (an emotional spirit), or ego (the self-preservation spirit), or obsession with understanding a problem (an intellectual spirit), or identification with a group (team spirit), or love (a creative spirit), or the root cause (universal spirit), and many more, in many variations.

So I am always "possessed" by one or more spirits. :smile:

There are times when I'm mostly conscious of my body, and that can make me feel either good or bad depending on what satisfaction the body spirits get. At other times I feel more elevated, and those are the times when the non-body spirits are in the driving seat. But all the non-body spirits aren't positive. I don't really enjoy being aggressive. And ego is often a source of worry and fear. Love is really the best spirit, as long as the ego can keep calm and not get in the way too much. During trips I have seen glimpses of pure universal spirit, if that is what it was, and if it's correct to say that it was "I" who experienced it. There were qualities of clarity and non-attachment and liberation, but there was no good or bad or intent or purpose at that point, "I" would have to choose them. And "I" chose to return to my human body and create new spirits through love.

OfflineViBrAnT
WaRpInG &sPiRaLiNg
    #1697279 - 07/08/03 06:54 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Wow dude, you make me think. I'll start by saying this, without the conscious involvement of my spirit(inner ecstasy )i dont think i would be here talking to you today, so yes, my spirit plays a part in every descision i make. Now, having a deeper inner relationship with this state of being, i am able to see, alot of times, multiple things happening at once ( a broader scope of observation) when pondering my next course of thought, word, or action. Also this same spirit is what allows me to feel comfortable in a situation where i might have been extremely uncomfortable before i began meditating.

With regards to negativity, there is really none left in my life. I realize that no matter what i have or where i go, i am still going to have to deal with myself first. If i did have to pick one thing that can really start to eat at me if i think about it, it would probably be the growing impersonality that i see around myself everday. I would like to see everyone acting as one, serving the needs of others, rather than strictly the self, as i see life as an opertunity of consciousness raising, not to be thrown away on transient material items all together. I used to find myself deeply caught in this kind of thought, and it wasnt until i learned to control my emotions that i could forgive myself for not doing more for the state of the world, basicly i realized that all suffering, either that you are born with or develope along your timeline strictly arises from the self, meaning that you can completely change the way you react to it, if you " choose ".

Cleaning my room makes me feel good to Grav, but wiping away the illusion of self in others gives me the greatest pleasure of all, escpecially when i am smokin a fatty, and listening to " Polygon Window ".

" evolution is a circle, and not only is it a circle, it is also a sphere, eternity goes more than one way "

--------------------
" liken this life illusory, for your sand castle will one day be adrift amongst the wind "

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #1697420 - 07/08/03 08:05 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

What hurts my spirit is causing pain to others, and seeing it being caused. My spirit is eternal, like all of yours, when my missions here are complete, I shall return from whence I came.

The feng shui is very real. Your environment has a large effect on your thoughts and feelings.

How to describe spirit in pure form..devoid of physical body... pure, creation, energy, eternal, connected, illustriously omniscient.. in physical body.. same, but not as visible..being covered by ego, deceptions and all things physical.

What strengthens my spirit is making people happy, and helping them. I derive great amounts of joy from helping people however I am able.

There are not enough words.

--------------------

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
Re: Your Spirituality [Re: Shroomism]
    #1697466 - 07/08/03 08:29 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

"being covered by ego"
never thought of it like that. I guess the mass majority of people who dont beleive in anything spiritual have had so many values instilled upon themselves, and thier ego takes control, snufffing out thier spiritual self. I guess to become one with our spirit self, we have to become empty and devoid of "ourself"

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1697486 - 07/08/03 08:37 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Unfortunately I'm not sure what a spirit is and/or if we/I even have them/one.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineMalachi
stereotype

Loc: Around Minneapolis.
Re: Your Spirituality [Re: Strumpling]
    #1697668 - 07/08/03 09:33 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I think that spirit is feeling, calling it spirit is just a way to emphasize how strange and marvelous our participation in the feeling (or aliveness) is. poetic language, not that it's not appropriate.

--------------------
The ultimate meaning of our being can only be fulfilled in the paradoxical leap beyond the tragic-demonic frustration. It is a leap from our side, but it is the self-surrendering presence of the Ground of Being from the other side.
- Paul Tillich

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom