Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Muscaria   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

Re: Spiritual drugs...? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #2785686 - 06/11/04 04:10 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

what do you seek in spirituality?

Before consuming the drug, I expect something from it, after eating it, I seek.

I do have lots of attention to the moment and to the workings of my mind.

I think I understand what you mean by the linkages and the connections, and I think this might be what I'm looking for. But I am not a religious person at all.

Thanx for your ideas! I'll get myself some salvia and give it another try :smile:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

Re: Spiritual drugs...? [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2785709 - 06/11/04 04:20 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Spirituality is a state of mind... The drugs basically give your mind more power to work with.

So are you saying that for one to have a spiritual journey on drugs, one must already be...hmm, "spiritually awakened" (<= vague, i know)?

In other words:

can I give shrooms to a person, and find out if he/she is "spiritually awakened" based on the kind of trip the person experiences?

Quote:

get some mushrooms 

Are you saying that the ultimate spiritual drug is  :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: ?

--------------------

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

Re: Spiritual drugs...? [Re: Ravus]
    #2785729 - 06/11/04 04:27 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

And what do you mean, bringing shrooms back with you?

I mean that I'm taking them on the train back to France. Sounds risky I know, but after all the money i'm gonna be wasting on drugs, i don't think i'll have anymore to use to send them to myself  :wink:

Anyways, thanx for your advice with the peyote, I'm definitely gonna be on the hunt for them once I'm in Amsterdam.

Quote:

Have fun in Amsterdam

For sure!! thanx!

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

Re: Spiritual drugs...? [Re: Mixomatosis]
    #2785742 - 06/11/04 04:34 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Hmmm I'm not talking about people's neurotic fear-driven pursuit of greenbacks in the quest of promoting the self-perpetuation of the chemical reaction that is our bodies..

Ok it took me like 6 or 7 rereads to get what you're saying, so its all good, i got you, but this...
Quote:

YOUR LIFE IS A POST NEO CLASSICAL MAGNA CARTOON SERVED ON A SILVER PLATTER OF PSYCHOSIS

... I did not get. Sorry man, english is my second language, could you please elaborate...

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Spiritual drugs...? [Re: exclusive58]
    #2785754 - 06/11/04 04:39 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Either spiritually awakened, or prone to being awoken spiritually, I guess. :lol: I guess you could basically use the "casting seeds onto the road/vines/fertile soil" analogy from the Bible or something.. 

And you'd have to take a moment to think upon just what being spiritually awake is.. I usually relate it to a deep understanding of the essence of life, a true sense of self, reflection, etc. etc. etc.. some drugs allow one to think outside of a lot of pre-conceived notions and give one the oppurtunity to have a defragmented experience, which can tend to be a valuable thing in regards to spirituality, apparently. :grin:

Mushrooms are great, but I'd have to say that the ultimate spiritual drug would be Experience. :wink:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Spiritual drugs...? [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2785856 - 06/11/04 05:29 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

in amsterdam I got some shrooms (cubensis) on the way to the airport, it was a business trip with no recourse to any pleasure (computing deep in a bank vault in the suburbs).
I ate half the box full (fresh lovely things) in the cab - glad to be un vaulted and discomputed. (the cab stopped for me at the corner store head shop I had once visited before, on my way to the airport leaving my consultancy office) I smushed the rest into a plastic baggie in my pocket so they would not be recognizeable.
the cab driver warned me to be careful and I stopped at eating half the order (maybe $15USD).
I admit that I did have some trouble finding my gate, and I just sat there until boarding which was just after peak.
speak about peek, I did see some amazing things.
every minute a recording behind me said "watch your step!" and trance lated it into some alien languages too.

Anyway I do not reccommend mushrooms on airplanes, as one could become unruly and claustro phobic. also salvia is not an airplane safe product either but I don't have any experience to report that way yet, except once in San Jose at the pool looking up it seemed I could move the airplanes and the clouds but that was just silly.

this particular post is probably off topic except for amsterdam - travelling, and mind expansion with a subtext to spiritual release.

letting go is very important in any event
it is the antithesis of bank vaulting, and a big twist to computing.

OfflineShroomerious
OO
Male

#2785910 - 06/11/04 05:51 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Man, except mushies be sure to try Salvia. It's great. Only thing is that you need a good, preferably metal, pipe and you should hold each breath for 20sec minimum and then exhale and without fresh air get another breath of salvia and continue like that. I think you should manage about 3 breaths of salvia for the first time, maybe 4. If you do it correctly it is very intense and lasts about 15-20min. Also, get the standardised extract and specifically go for the Salvia x10 extract. That is 10 times stronger than the leaves. That's some good shit man, I am surprised it is still legal in the U.K.

Have fun! :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger:

--------------------

Anonymous

#2785919 - 06/11/04 05:56 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

what we dislike about others, is also a part of ourselves.

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
    #2787663 - 06/12/04 11:56 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

on the subject of spirituality and being spiritually awakened:

in my eyes the world is full of people who are either living their lives worried about the past and future (people who are alseep to the present), and people who at most bring their attention to the present moment for most of there day (spiritually awakened folk).

ive seen *sleeping* people take mushrooms, and have their eyes opened to whats in front of them for substantial periods of time, even after they come down from the psilocibin.  ive seen people of the same type eat mushrooms and just freak out for a few hours, waking up the next day with just an interesting story to tell about the past that they cant wait to tell their friends in the future (not teaching through experience, just telling stories).

so imho mushrooms and other thought provoking substances can, and should be catylists to "spiritual awakening", but if the sleeper loves the dream, they will be a lot harder to wake up then someone who realizes their having a nightmare.

the above is in reply to a comment made earlier in the post.

as far as going to amsterdam to get some spiritual drugs...  pick up whatever feels right.  normally your insinct will tell you what you need.  and maybe you dont need a fun wonderful spiritual enlightening trip... maybe you need to hold hands with some mushrooms down the dark side of your own personality... the honesty of who you are, now that is enlightening.

peace and understanding of all sides of existance... that is being awakened, at least until you go to sleep again.
:kodama:

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
    #2787933 - 06/12/04 02:13 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Mushrooms are among the best for spiritual trips.

Terrance McKenna suggested the best thing about mushrooms was they would only show you what you are ready to see. Other substances may not be so gentle. They are also easier on the stomach than many other spiritual drugs.

Have fun.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: Spiritual drugs...? [Re: Rose]
    #2788067 - 06/12/04 03:00 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

if you want a spiritual trip, follow some simple steps.

One: choose a psychadelic drug. Stimulants and depressants are generally not good for spiritual purposes. Mushrooms are ideal for beginners, true shamans can use peyote, LSD, datura, Ayahuasca (yage), or any number of other mind manifesting drugs.

Twp: prepare for the trip. Read lots of deep, mind expanding books on your chosen spiritual path. Books on shamanism are good, but anything that really presents new concepts to you is good. When you focus on these things long enough, the concepts will present themselves to you in intense, meaningfull ways when you trip. A week of 'loading' or 'packing' is ideal. Also, meditate or pray before the trip.

I go through an elaborate ritual when taking a large psychadelic dose, beginning with a day long fast in which i only eat fruit and green tea, then i bathe, change into specific clothes, meditate, do some yoga etc before ingesting.

Finally try lieing in pitch blackness and silence. This is the true key to penetrating the deepest recess of your conciousness. Be sure your ready for this before you do it. Start with a reasonable dose and work your way up.

Just my advice.

OfflineCleverName
the cloudsshould know meby now...

Loc: red earth painted with mi...
Re: Spiritual drugs...? [Re: Moonshoe]
    #2788154 - 06/12/04 03:45 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

complete darkness and a black light

--------------------
if you can't find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?

this is the purpose

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: Spiritual drugs...? [Re: CleverName]
    #2788272 - 06/12/04 04:38 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

A smaller dose and the Van Gough museum comes highly recomended by my friend.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Loc: Bergen, Norway
    #2788566 - 06/12/04 08:09 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I seriously reccomend philosopher stones... they are very nice in the spiritual sense. Seriously I dont know if its pure coincedence and I know nothing of the differance in the scientific sense between stones and regular shrooms... BUT in my experience I've had the most spiritual trips from philosopher stones.

But like someone here said, set and setting is everything. You want a spiritual trip? (and I respect you so much for hearing you seek for something of this kind) Buy an eighth of mushrooms (in dried weight) and make a day out of your trip. Take a hike to some place deserted and full of nature (I hear that is hard to find in holand), sit down, think, meditate and when your calm and at peace (even though thats pretty hard when your anxious about the mushrooms you have on you) and proceed to eat and trip.

--------------------
Magic mushrooms are not addictive, the shroomery is!

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

Re: Spiritual drugs...? [Re: Todcasil]
    #2789329 - 06/13/04 03:17 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

in my eyes the world is full of people who are either living their lives worried about the past and future (people who are alseep to the present), and people who at most bring their attention to the present moment for most of there day (spiritually awakened folk).

:thumbup:    yaa i totally agree with you. Thinking about only the past and the future is putting your ego in a mentally comfortable position in the face of the chaos and complexity of reality. These people are rather afraid of seeing the true present moment we all live in, and they get scared when taking shrooms because it forces them to take a look at it, to take a look into infinity...

Hmmm, intersting, I'm presently having an interesting idea about Time:
Time is probably not linear, but "lasagna-like". Instead of following one another, the layers of time are rather piling up one on another. In this view, we wouldn't be living a moment followed by another moment, but rather a moment AND simultaneously another one.

OfflineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between
    #2789384 - 06/13/04 04:03 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Once, as I was out of time sync, I revealed an obvious sentence, to get me back to reality:
'Look into the future, learn from the past and live in the presence."
I know so many people who live in the past or in the fututre. They really miss the real plot.
Adjusting on that thought while on drugs is not that easy :wink:
Sorry for beeing a bit OT. But perhaps internalizing this thought in a good hallucinogenic trip will make it more spiritual ? :wink: Just about adjusting ones mindset.

--------------------
Though lovers be lost love shall not  And death shall have no dominion
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."Martin Luther King, Jr.
'Acceptance is the absolute key - at that moment you gain freedom and you gain power and you gain courage'

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

#2790114 - 06/13/04 02:52 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

exclusive58 said:
Quote:

:thumbup:    yaa i totally agree with you. Thinking about only the past and the future is putting your ego in a mentally comfortable position in the face of the chaos and complexity of reality. These people are rather afraid of seeing the true present moment we all live in, and they get scared when taking shrooms because it forces them to take a look at it, to take a look into infinity...

Hmmm, intersting, I'm presently having an interesting idea about Time:
Time is probably not linear, but "lasagna-like". Instead of following one another, the layers of time are rather piling up one on another. In this view, we wouldn't be living a moment followed by another moment, but rather a moment AND simultaneously another one.

interesting... just a few hours ago I wrote an entry in my jorunal about just this, naaming the title of the entry "time" and its content was about just this.  I was going to post it up in this forum, but forgot to bring the journal, I will tomorrow.  I just thought I'd mention this interesting coincedence.

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #2792207 - 06/14/04 11:19 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

There are no plant drugs that are inherently spiritual. You grow and nurture these plants yourself to develop an alliance with them. To think you can purchase a spiritual experience is very naive. It is better to admit that you just like getting stoned. When the spirit knocks at your door you will know it, but it probably won't happen while your partying. More like it will happen when experiencing a personal crisis.

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Re: Spiritual drugs...? [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #2792306 - 06/14/04 11:55 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

The plant in itself might not be spiritual, but some psychedelics make it alot easier for me to contact spirits, or for them to contact me... alot!  I was tought how to tune my guitar while I was tripping by a spirit, that was really cool :laugh:
Still grateful as fuck for that!

--------------------

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
Re: Spiritual drugs...? [Re: filthysock]
    #2792535 - 06/14/04 01:38 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

i was taught how to not be afraid to leave my physical body by a spirit, after eating 15 grams of Amanita M.

although i can agree that creating an alliance with plant spirits is a ver powerful thing, ive always thought the the spirit in itself was a psychedelic thing. i didnt grow those amanitas, nor had i ever taken any before... the only thing i did was treat them with respect... not unlike you or i would treat our friends or parents with respect. there can be a beautiful relationship when growing plants and fungis, but its never been necassary to obtain the favor of a psychedelic spirit for me. imho it has always been in the approach, and it seems that this young man is refining his approach. that is most comendable, the quality that makes a person want to learn about the universe, by being taught by those that whimsically inhabit every molecule of it. by seeking a spirit who teaches without words, and sometimes has no need for form outside of its chosen frame of reference (ie, mushrooms, a green plant, a cactus, or the jungle itself taken in all together)

i for one have purchased many plants and drugs and tabs of acid, and eaten many plants that i never grew myself. the only difference in me and Subject Joe (who is not always a young person) is our approach when consuming them.

peace and understanding.

PS its okay to be happy about taking drugs, its exciting! i get the feeling that most people here thought that because his message was that of anticipation and excitment, that he was just wanting to get stoned. feel free to smile when you look upon the face of the universe!

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Muscaria   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck