Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Re: CA Taillight Law and new taillights.... [Re: Phychotron]
    #16507955 -

:lolwut:

OVER 9000


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CA Taillight Law and new taillights.... [Re: Shroomism]
    #16508032 -

Ok well I caved. Got the Hella Smoked ones. Top quality.
Read on some other VW forums, people in CA have these and haven't been fucked with because they have the red reflective strip on the bottom
and Hella IS the OEM manufacturer for these lights on the VW. Hard to find, but I got them for a good price (about $100 off normal)




I also figured what the hell and got some smoked out side markers to replace the OEM amber ones that are kinda fugly



Also got a 1.8T emblem


Funny thing is, I went to their website to see if I could order everything all at once and save on shipping.. it was all more expensive than what they were selling it for on ebay. Ended up saving about $40 by ordering through ebay instead of directly through their website.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CA Taillight Law and new taillights.... [Re: Shroomism]
    #16508038 -

I find that anything that can give a cop a reason to pull you over is a bad idea, Why I don't understand why people put heavy tint on their cars. Obviously its cool as fuck, but giving a pig any reason to fuck you over is a losing situation, Ya I pulled you over because of your tint, but now I smell MJ and I'm going to need to search your car. Fuck that.


--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

"In the days of kings and queens I was a jester."

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CA Taillight Law and new taillights.... [Re: Enjoywho]
    #16508054 -

The stock taillights were smoked out completely, cop never fucked with me for it.
These are smoked on the top parts but the bottom is completely reflective red / white with no smoke, so I'm pretty sure they are totally legit and legal.
They look almost identical to the stock ones, but with no smoke on the bottom row. If a cop asks I will tell him they are stock.

I've been pulled over 4 times and they've let me go every time, never even asked to search.
And if they do I don't usually have weed. I keep my car clean.
And if I do have weed, well I'm legal. If the cop really wanted to be a dick, the worst he could give me is a ticket for it.

Not too worried about it.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CA Taillight Law and new taillights.... [Re: Shroomism]
    #16508065 -

Ok...

I'm saying that 95% of the time, your riding clean.

But that 5% of the time your not, just sucks. Ya you might get by fine, but all it takes is one asshole, bored ass cop to pull you over looking for something bigger than the smoked tail lights.

if it came stock, it must be fine, I'm sure YMMV depending where you live, I just don't fuck with that kind of shit. I LOVE tint on cars, but giving a pig a reason to fuck with you, generally doesn't end well. Because the one time your not, might be the time that somebody pissed in that cops cereal. Just such a gamble with such things.


--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

"In the days of kings and queens I was a jester."

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CA Taillight Law and new taillights.... [Re: Enjoywho]
    #16508068 -

I live in SoCal, every other car has almost murdered out limo tint. My tint is pretty dark, but I see way darker tint 1,000 times a day.
A cop has only mentioned my front window tint once, and in the next sentence he hinted to me it was legal if I had a prescription from an eye doctor for sensitivity to light. wink wink nudge nudge.

I also have a medical card so in the off chance I do get busted with herb (not likely), they have to give it back to me. Unless he's a total dick. But I haven't run across one of those yet. They aren't worried about a little pot.

I treat every cop with respect, it goes a long way. I was doing 25 over and the dude let me off with verbal warning because I was cool with him.
He mentioned he could have taken me to jail if I was an asshole to him, but instead he said drive safe and have a nice night.

Anyway they were only 50 bucks, a steal really. Worst case if I get pulled over a bunch for it, I'll eat my words and buy some red ones.

Alls I'm saying is even in a worst case scenario, with an uber dick cop and I'm carrying an ounce of weed, the worst I can get is a ticket. Meh. Ain't no cops taking people to jail for weed here, it's not Florida.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CA Taillight Law and new taillights.... [Re: Shroomism]
    #16508245 -

Dude, you don't have to SPEND the MONEY unless you WANT TO.

That is if your heart is set on getting new Rear Lights.

There are compounds you can buy at Pep Boys, etc, that will makes those LENSES look Brand New!  There are Specific polishes and even the Stuff you use to Fix CDs and DVDs, the polishing compound they use to repair the disk - because they essentially sand down the surface until the scratches disappear.


--------------------

BigUpRadio
WorldReggaeShow
DreaderThanDread - Listen!
(druqs said) don't get arsey, just get RC.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CA Taillight Law and new taillights.... [Re: Shroomism]
    #16508258 -

Of course, that's why I saidYMMV (your mileage may vary)

glad to hear it, what kind of car is it?


--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

"In the days of kings and queens I was a jester."

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CA Taillight Law and new taillights.... [Re: Shroomism]
    #16508261 -

Shroomism said:
I live in SoCal, every other car has almost murdered out limo tint. My tint is pretty dark, but I see way darker tint 1,000 times a day.
A cop has only mentioned my front window tint once, and in the next sentence he hinted to me it was legal if I had a prescription from an eye doctor for sensitivity to light. wink wink nudge nudge.

I also have a medical card so in the off chance I do get busted with herb (not likely), they have to give it back to me. Unless he's a total dick. But I haven't run across one of those yet. They aren't worried about a little pot.

I treat every cop with respect, it goes a long way. I was doing 25 over and the dude let me off with verbal warning because I was cool with him.
He mentioned he could have taken me to jail if I was an asshole to him, but instead he said drive safe and have a nice night.

Anyway they were only 50 bucks, a steal really. Worst case if I get pulled over a bunch for it, I'll eat my words and buy some red ones.

Alls I'm saying is even in a worst case scenario, with an uber dick cop and I'm carrying an ounce of weed, the worst I can get is a ticket. Meh. Ain't no cops taking people to jail for weed here, it's not Florida.



Yup, treating cops with respect helps a whole-lot.  Not, of course, they have it out for you from the get go.

Also, it helps to be White, Tall and have a Cop Haircut and just generally look like a COP so you never, ever get fucked with.

I got pulled over and ticketed for the first time in my life on April 1st 2011, I know April Fools!

Lately on the 99, the Highway that Bisects Bakersfield and is the main thorough-way North to South, I've been seeing A LOT of Chippies on Motorbikes.  Yesterday on my way back from my Meeting at the Clinic I saw Two Bike Cops Scoping Drivers South bound, which was the direction I was going in.  Further I saw two more doing the same thing going in the opposite direction.  All at the same time.

Bakersfield is one of the FASTEST Towns in the United States.  From Talking, Walking, Jogging and Driving.  Most Speed Limits on the Main Streets here are no less than 45 MPH.  And even on the bigger streets you WILL HIT 55 MPH.  So of course people drive faster than that!


--------------------

BigUpRadio
WorldReggaeShow
DreaderThanDread - Listen!
(druqs said) don't get arsey, just get RC.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CA Taillight Law and new taillights.... [Re: Its Pat]
    #16508272 -

THE only times Ive been pulled over were my 2 duis, which were just stupid situations that I'm not saying I sS 100% in theright, but they fucked me over hard, all because Cops get OT for every DUI they bring In plus all the stuff that follows (court, etc.)

I drove without insurance for 4 years, and never got stopped, I'm a great driver, but the smallest misfortunes/mistakes can fuck you for good.


--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

"In the days of kings and queens I was a jester."

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CA Taillight Law and new taillights.... [Re: Enjoywho]
    #16508275 -

And never was in not a single fender bender. An I live in Alaska where 8 months out of the year, are retardedly difficult driving.


--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

"In the days of kings and queens I was a jester."

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: CA Taillight Law and new taillights.... [Re: Its Pat]
    #16509285 -

Its Pat said:
Dude, you don't have to SPEND the MONEY unless you WANT TO.

That is if your heart is set on getting new Rear Lights.

There are compounds you can buy at Pep Boys, etc, that will makes those LENSES look Brand New!  There are Specific polishes and even the Stuff you use to Fix CDs and DVDs, the polishing compound they use to repair the disk - because they essentially sand down the surface until the scratches disappear.



I mentioned this earlier. I already tried the compound, + 3 hours of buffing with wet auto-grade sandpaper in different grits.
It made it look better than before, but it's still fucked. All yellowed out and shit.
Plus, when I went to remove the housings to replace the bulb, part of the red on the top broke out, so now there is white showing on part of it, so yeah they have to be replaced.


I got these:


Hard to find but worth it, they are HELLA, made in Germany for the VWs, top quality, and got a good deal on them. Done deal.

Was a little concerned about the smoke, but these are literally the OEM smoked tail lights.
Read on some other forums people in CA have the same ones and they pass inspection with them and one guy even asked a cop if they were legal.
Since they have the red reflective strip on the bottom with no smoke, and the smoked part is not SUPER dark, you can still very clearly see red light that it shouldn't be an issue.

Read some concerns people had with the other cheaper brands that are smoked, being hard to see. So I just went with the best.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Federal Anti-Drug Laws Trump State Pot Rules THE KRAT BARON 1,682 6 06/08/05 09:26 AM
by barfightlard
* BCMP RAID! MARC EMERY IN JAIL
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Dety 18,150 95 01/05/10 07:18 PM
by NetDiver
* The 48 Laws of Power SkorpivoMusterion 1,641 17 12/30/05 04:56 PM
by schmektron
* Breaking the law
( 1 2 all )
Silversoul 2,514 27 07/06/05 12:39 AM
by whiterabbit13
* Marc Emery gives listeners the facts behind the US based case against him
( 1 2 all )
Dety 5,425 26 10/07/05 09:47 PM
by Dety
* How was Telluride? psilocyberV 1,114 10 08/26/04 09:31 AM
by Phishgrrl
* Shroomery Pics Volume 1
( 1 2 3 4 ... 10 11 all )
Ripple 37,218 218 03/01/05 06:55 PM
by blissedout
* Explain something for me... VoidOfsPg 1,668 10 10/25/05 07:24 PM
by longbone

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
4,946 topic views. 0 members, 21 guests and 232 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 15 queries.