Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: More societal woes [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #1578160 -

Yes, I am also an INTP type  :smirk:

And yes, it does seem to isolate me in certain ways.

I also happen to be in the top 1% of IQ, which isolates me even further, I fear  :crazy:


--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: More societal woes [Re: trendal]
    #1581767 -

Quote:
I also happen to be in the top 1% of IQ




Don't flatter yourself, tough guy  :smirk:

J/k.


--------------------
I'm a bipedal carbon-based pseudo-random number generator.

Demonstration: 152.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: More societal woes [Re: Meph]
    #1582339 -

Actually I don't admit that too often :wink:
I'm always afraid of coming across as "big-headed" or something  :smirk:

And besides, intelligence (or high IQ) doesn't make anyone "better" than anyone else, so I have nothing to flatter myself with should i want to  :wink:


--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Edited by trendal (05/27/03 06:17 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: More societal woes [Re: Revelation]
    #1586678 -

What's weird is for me I can feel extreme in both the extroverted position and the introverted one. What would call this doc?

Sometimes I long for the company of others so much that I can't stand it, other times if I'm not alone I'll feel like snapping someones neck?

Would this be...the norm?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: More societal woes [Re: Billowz]
    #1587261 -

Extroverted doesn't necesarily mean you like being around others, and introverted doesn't necessarily mean you are shy.

They deal with what occupies your mind - the EXTernal or INTernal world  :smirk:


--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: More societal woes [Re: trendal]
    #1588784 -

Life is pretty crazy I spose. I personally would like to escape society. Going to live in a natural environment, wheither alone or in a commune, is my ultimate goal. I only have about 70 years (at most) to be conscious of life, so why be a frustrated, toiling sheep for the one life you've got? I refuse to be one of the of the millions of sheep in america. All sheep are unhappy, whether they admit it or not. i live in canada by the way... and id say most of you introverted, thinking types would like it more here, simply because our nation's leaders aren't such assholes  :smile:  well all politicians are assholes...but in canada, "bleeding-heart liberals" are WAY more popular than redneck, corporate types.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: More societal woes [Re: Gog]
    #1588800 -

although canada is virtually identical in just about every other way.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: More societal woes [Re: trendal]
    #1595071 -

The notion of suffering is felt by this certain brand of ignorance that runs deeper than the topical explanations we can assemble verbally to explain it to ourselves. It is this ignorance to the true nature of Things, nature of People, Life, the whole Universe.

All beings wish to avoid suffering. All beings wish and have a right to happiness. All actions taken by beings are rooted here, in the desire to attain happiness and avoid suffering. All of us are confused as to how do this properly. Some of us hurt others or obsess on material posessions to achieve this. Others pull backward from life and find themselves lost in addiction. Others simply refuse to participate. Suffering is an intrinsic property of life.

As individuals, our own personal suffering could be thought of as a microcosom for suffering of the global community. It is the same pervasive conditioning which causes two people to hate eachother that causes two entire populations to do the same.

Suffering is an effect that has a cause. True Lasting Happiness is a cause that has an effect. Suffering can be cured. It is a matter of establishing the core causes of all suffering.

This is where I've yet to decide any further opinion. Please help.



--------------------


:poison: Dark Triangles - New Psychedelic Techno Single - Listen on Soundcloud :poison:
Gyroscope full album available SoundCloud or MySpace

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: More societal woes [Re: trendal]
    #1596170 -

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: More societal woes [Re: ]
    #1596278 -

I have never heard of this INTP type until reading this, but I would definitely say I would fit into that "category"... The only time I ever took an IQ test was while recovering from a severe brain injury at Magee Rehab, and they wouldn't give me a score for fear that I would get a big head over it. But to say the least they were confused...


--------------------
Study the past...
See the future...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: More societal woes [Re: Olgualion]
    #1596869 -

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: More societal woes [Re: ]
    #1596929 -

Thanks, I feel it is one of those learning experiences in life, and it just wasn't my time to go. I have no memory of the incident, and all in all feel it has helped me grow.


--------------------
Study the past...
See the future...

Edited by Olgualion (05/31/03 08:03 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: More societal woes [Re: Olgualion]
    #1597069 -

Are you sure you're not just./.. er, dumber ciuz of the incident and they didnt wanna show you your saddeningly low iq score?

sorry, but the possibility is strong. I must be firm. what kind leaning experience is brain damage?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: More societal woes [Re: ]
    #1597078 -

One week, eh. Just one more week  :wink:


--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: More societal woes [Re: Olgualion]
    #1597097 -

Introverted iNtuitive Thinking Percieving

I am actually very strongly an INTP. I don't have any exact %'s in memory, but I'm something like 80 90 90 70 as far as % for INTP goes  :smirk:

You should take a MBTI test and see what it says! It described my thought process pretty well  :smirk: 


--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: More societal woes [Re: trendal]
    #1597139 -

According to your selections, you prefer:

Introversion (100%) over Extroversion (0%)
iNtuition (100%) over Sensing (0%)
Thinking (85%) over Feeling (15%)
Perception (100%) over Judgement (0%)



This summarises your type as:

INTP


--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: More societal woes [Re: trendal]
    #1597939 -

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Society! When you know there's something wrong...
( 1 2 all )
trendalM 5,356 23 04/07/03 09:56 AM
by trendal
* Trendal's 121323534th Societal Rant trendalM 1,073 7 04/20/04 01:55 PM
by Randolph_Carter
* Suicide and Society sdd01 1,625 8 01/12/06 06:08 AM
by Herbus
* whats wrong with society
( 1 2 all )
sleepingbigguy 3,184 32 03/19/05 09:51 PM
by headset
* society makes my mental health worse.
( 1 2 all )
beneath 2,739 27 03/01/09 12:07 AM
by BigJonMud
* The Masturbatory Society
( 1 2 all )
usefulidiot 4,011 25 01/02/05 11:26 PM
by SoopaX
* Society's perception upon one's drug use masterg 2,152 13 11/18/03 12:30 AM
by Sheepish
* Life is so boring, society sucks, when will I die?
( 1 2 all )
Fliquid 5,025 25 11/07/05 08:26 AM
by Icelander

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: CherryBom, Asante, Rose, mndfreeze, yogabunny, feevers, CookieCrumbs, Northerner
5,363 topic views. 0 members, 4 guests and 1 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 16 queries.