Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 |  [ show all ]
A Viable Approach for Ending the War on Druigs?
    #15539936 -

I have revised the ideas. Updated: 12/24/11


Why or why not would these ideas work?

Edited by thecake (12/24/11 01:45 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why drug addiction should be illegal. [Re: thecake]
    #15539955 -

What is the difference?


--------------------
rahz

comfort pleasure power love     truth awareness peace I am      I feel      I do     I love  I speak    I see    I know

why there is reality and patterned, law-like consistency at all, rather than noise or non-reality is not a question physics answers. It's a question physics presupposes an answer to in order to provide other answers.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why drug addiction should be illegal. [Re: Rahz]
    #15539974 -

between what?

Edited by thecake (12/19/11 01:41 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why drug addiction should be illegal. [Re: thecake]
    #15540003 -

A war on drugs -vs- a war on addiction?


--------------------
rahz

comfort pleasure power love     truth awareness peace I am      I feel      I do     I love  I speak    I see    I know

why there is reality and patterned, law-like consistency at all, rather than noise or non-reality is not a question physics answers. It's a question physics presupposes an answer to in order to provide other answers.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why drug addiction should be illegal. [Re: Rahz]
    #15540015 -

The war on drugs has made psychedelics illegal.

The war on addiction would legalize non-addictive psychedelic drugs.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why drug addiction should be illegal. [Re: thecake] * 2
    #15540038 -

Yay, another authoritarian would make substances that he prefers legal and those he finds distasteful illegal.

:tard:

Your brilliant solution would solve nothing. I look forward to the early demise of your writing career.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why drug addiction should be illegal. [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #15540064 -

lol thanks for the review.

edit:

your the first person to actually call it a career, which i consider a huge compliment even tho it was unintended.

Edited by thecake (12/19/11 02:02 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why drug addiction should be illegal. [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #15540087 -

OrgoneConclusion said:
Yay, another authoritarian would make substances that he prefers legal and those he finds distasteful illegal.

:tard:

Your brilliant solution would solve nothing. I look forward to the early demise of your writing career.



Hey orgone you should listen to this song... you might like it because people who are a lot smarter than I will ever be created it. If this is your first time hearing it, always remember who introduced you to it and why you were introduced to it. Thanks.


Edited by thecake (12/19/11 02:17 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why drug addiction should be illegal. [Re: thecake]
    #15540181 -

Quote:
your the first person to actually call it a career, which i consider a huge compliment even tho it was unintended.



Begging for clicks to get advertising money was your statement. :failboat:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why drug addiction should be illegal. [Re: thecake]
    #15540189 -

I'm not going to read your shitty article.


--------------------
Live your Life! :heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why drug addiction should be illegal. [Re: 4896744]
    #15540224 -

iThink said:
I'm not going to read your shitty article.



How can you claim it is shitty without even reading it? Maybe I am lying about the content it contains.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why drug addiction should be illegal. [Re: thecake]
    #15540230 -

Quote:
Maybe I am lying about the content it contains.



I'll take my chances.


--------------------
Live your Life! :heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why drug addiction should be illegal. [Re: 4896744]
    #15540234 -

iThink said:
Quote:
Maybe I am lying about the content it contains.



I'll take my chances.



Best of luck on taking your chances. I choose to create my own luck.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why drug addiction should be illegal. [Re: thecake]
    #15540275 -

:ahahaha: How does one create their own luck?


--------------------
Live your Life! :heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why drug addiction should be illegal. [Re: 4896744]
    #15540312 -

Good luck getting me to tell you, maybe I will write a book on it one day.

Edited by thecake (12/19/11 03:03 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why drug addiction should be illegal. [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #15540326 -

OrgoneConclusion said:
Quote:
your the first person to actually call it a career, which i consider a huge compliment even tho it was unintended.



Begging for clicks to get advertising money was your statement. :failboat:



Your the one who first validated that I have a writing career to the universe. I will be eternally grateful to you. In a sense you just gave me employment. Too bad it doesn't pay at all and I took the job before you gave it to me... Is that selfish?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why drug addiction should be illegal. [Re: thecake] * 1
    #15544156 -

thecake said:
I have written a new article.



And I have crapped all over it. At least now is has some value. :haha:


--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why drug addiction should be illegal. [Re: thecake]
    #15544648 -

The problem with the whole argument is that it's impractical without creating a whole new sphere of government interference in people's lives, which is what we're ultimately trying to get rid of.

I mean, how is the government going to police addiction the same way it already can police transactions? What you're suggesting here would appear to necessitate the creation of new government agencies with the responsibility of monitoring and taking legal action in our emotional lives. No fucking way, sir. Unless I'm misreading your argument, I actually prefer the "war on drugs" to what you're suggesting.


--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why drug addiction should be illegal. [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #15545058 -

Well think about what would actually happen...

OK addiction is illegal. Does that mean everyone is suddenly going to become informers for the man? No...

People will still be just as free to do what they want. You already have to be careful about who you let know about your illegal habits.

It would be impossible to determine if someone is an addict or not, the point of illegalizing addiction is the media demonizing addiction instead of drugs.

If you get out of control to a point where you are putting other people in danger, you go rob someone or someplace, you are still only doing what you would be doing anyways... But now if you get caught while planning to do the crime or in action of the crime, the crime of addiction would (ideally) outweigh other crimes in the mind of someone who has been successfully brainwashed into believing addiction is the problem, not the other things you may have done or been trying to do.

People would be MORE free to choose what to put into their bodies, as non-addictive drugs would be rescheduled by the dea.


I believe it is honestly a step in the right direction that both republicans and democrats could both view as being a better way.

I am not trying to appeal to one group of people. My intentions are good.

I also got banned from that website for 3 days for calling out a troll in their forums.

Edited by thecake (12/20/11 12:44 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why drug addiction should be illegal. [Re: thecake]
    #15545083 -

thecake said:
Well think about what would actually happen...

OK addiction is illegal. Does that mean everyone is suddenly going to become informers for the man? No...

People will still be just as free to do what they want. You already have to be careful about who you let know about your illegal habits.

It would be impossible to determine if someone is an addict or not, the point of illegalizing addiction is the media demonizing addiction instead of drugs.

If you get out of control to a point where you are putting other people in danger, you go rob someone or someplace, you are still only doing what you would be doing anyways... But now if you get caught, the crime of addiction would outweigh other crimes in the mind of someone who has been successfully brainwashed into believing addiction is the problem, not the other things you may have done or been trying to do.

People would be MORE free to choose what to put into their bodies, as non-addictive drugs would be rescheduled by the dea.


I believe it is honestly a step in the right direction that both republicans and democrats could both view as being a better way.

I am not trying to appeal to one group of people.



My point is merely that it is not a step in any direction, at all, until you can better explain what the change is going to look like.

Right now, you basically are telling us that all habits need to be outlawed, instead of only certain proscripted buying habits. (IE the buying of drugs.) I'm saying that law enforcement as we know it will need to change in order for it to be able to fight addiction as a social and emotional problem.

You give us a lot of highfalutin language in here but not really any actual rationalization for an idea that, in the absence of your own reasoning, is filled in by my own mind's paranoid fears of thought-police. And rightfully so, for you have provided no alternative explanation for how your idea would be executed.

I like the direction of your idea but it needs work desperately TBH. IMO you cannot make addiction legal any more easily than you can make breasts illegal, and if that were to happen I don't think I would want to live anymore.


--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 |  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* if 2012 is the end....
( 1 2 all )
question_for_joo 3,900 37 07/17/04 06:20 PM
by question_for_joo
* Showing proper respect when approaching a powerplant.
( 1 2 3 all )
medicinebag 3,394 54 11/22/03 12:13 AM
by Grav
* I'm glad we have famine war conflict and strife
( 1 2 3 4 all )
entiformatie 5,876 73 08/23/04 01:33 PM
by entiformatie
* WAR-SHOULD WE FIGHT??? Shroomerious 1,031 10 01/29/04 01:56 PM
by Shroomerious
* End of the world
( 1 2 all )
Swami 1,477 38 01/01/04 02:57 PM
by Strumpling
* Why is there War?
( 1 2 all )
RebelSteve33 2,927 29 12/05/02 09:44 AM
by Grav
* NASA space shuttle video photage of Star Wars- You decide! gettinjiggywithit 1,650 10 08/23/04 11:27 PM
by gettinjiggywithit
* Eastern Religions XI: Warring State Thinkers: Zhuangzi Kremlin 1,037 4 11/13/03 10:54 PM
by Kremlin

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
5,656 topic views. 0 members, 5 guests and 44 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.011 seconds on 18 queries.