Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Getting lucid
    #1517283 - 05/03/03 09:11 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Hey so, I finally feel like I have the patience to start practicing lucid dreaming.

Anyone out there got a firm grip on it? What kind of things do you do/tell yourself during the day or whatever... Do you practice any rituals before sleeping? Does smoking reefer really hinder lucid dreaming?

I just had a crazy moment of lucidity when I was sleeping this morning. This couple had like the only 'flying car' in town and they parked it at this music store and went inside, and then I jumped in their car and started 'er up. It drove along slowly at first like a manual car. I was shifting it and accelerating and as I put it into higher gears it started to gain altitude, and before I knew it I wa soaring over beautiful forest landscapes and everything was so vivid. Then I...

Oh yea, what are some good things to do to keep yourself from getting too excited and waking up?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAmnesiac
Re-memberingcosmic wisdom

Loc: Unknown
Re: Getting lucid [Re: Grav]
    #1517711 - 05/03/03 02:17 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I have some tips for you. Lucid dreaming is an interest of mine, I have done a fair bit of research on it and have had a few lucid experiences to varying degrees of dream awareness.

First of all, if you want to do what you can to help induce a lucid dream, one simple tip I can give you is to read a lot about it on the internet. Not even for the sake of learning techniques, but just keeping your mind in the lucid dream zone for a period of a few days at a time will increase the likelihood of your actually having one... this is aside from what techniques you may learn while reading.

Another thing you can do is to try and remember to ask yourself a few times a day "Am I dreaming?" Some call this a reality check. Just take a few seconds to ask this to yourself, seriously, not passively, and prove to yourself that you are/are not dreaming. A good thing to do would be to wear a watch and check the time. Note what your watch/clock says, look away, and then look back at the watch. If the time is different, or if the digits are strange and alien looking, you are dreaming. If the time is the same (or 1 minute ahead :smile: then you're awake. Doing this a few times each day will help.

Keeping a dream diary is very important. It helps you to recall your dreams, because lucid dreams are often just as forgettable as regular dreams. If you've had a lucid dream, it would be a shame to wake up and not even remember it. I know it's hard, especially for lazy bums like myself, but try to recall your dreams as soon as you wake up and write down anything you can remember.

Yet another way is to use dreamsigns, which are symbols that appear in your dreams which act as reminders for you to ask yourself "Am I dreaming?" The watch technique is a form of using dreamsigns. Another one that's good to use is something like the moon. Every time you're out at night, look up at the moon and tell yourself "I'm dreaming", or ask yourself "Am I dreaming?" The moon seems to have a strange astral connection to the dream realm, and so it tends to appear in many people's dreams quite often.

Finally, the last, and best tip I can give anyone is something that most websites or even 300 page lucid dreaming books will not tell you. This is an old Shaman's trick for acquiring the lucid state during dreams. It is the easiest of all techniques and probably the most effective. I had my first lucid dream using this technique, and you'll be blown away by how simple it is. 4 words... LOOK AT YOUR HAND.
The palm of your hand to be specific. I can't explain how this works, I'm not wise enough in the ways of the sorcerer as of yet :smile: But it works. I was told by somebody personally, a shaman sorcerer who I am more than fortunate to know. So that's all I'm going to tell you about that... good luck!

One more thing, if you acquire a lucid state and want to maintain it... well, it's difficult at first no matter what techniques you're equipped with... as soon as you acquire lucidity, the first thing you want to do is blast off into outer space or go flying over the landscape! Try to suspend that temptation as best you can. A good thing to do when you have become lucid is to spin around in your dreambody. This tends to keep you from waking up while allowing you time to calm down, because there will literally be a rush of energy as your awareness is "sucked" into your dream body.

If you want to try flying, don't just try to blast off like Superman... start with floating! Then gradually increase your speed and altitude.

Hope that's enough, good luck!

--------------------
Here we are, in these bodies, on this planet in an endless universe. This is not the extent of who we are... merely an extension of who we really are.

OfflineAmnesiac

Re: Getting lucid [Re: Amnesiac]
    #1517713 - 05/03/03 02:18 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

And by the way, love the Earthbound picture, what a great game :smile:
Moonside was my favourite place for obvious reasons!

--------------------
Here we are, in these bodies, on this planet in an endless universe. This is not the extent of who we are... merely an extension of who we really are.

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

#1519019 - 05/04/03 06:31 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

thanks dude, appreciate it, I will practice all of those...

oh yea, about the weed, is that bad for it?  I know it seems like I have trouble remembering my dreams when i get high beforehand, but sometimes I'll have really crazy vivid ones too...

yea Earthbound is a magical game

moonside actually depressed me... so dark :smile:,  I loved running around in sunny towns like that coastal one.. 

that game was like the adventure I always wanted to have

OfflineAmnesiac

#1519261 - 05/04/03 11:08 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I don't know about the effects of MJ on lucid dreaming. If I were to take an educated guess, I would say that smoking too much would make remembering your dreams a bit more difficult, but occasional use might actually help you have more vivid dreams. I know this was true for me anyway.

There is an herb however that has been used by ancient cultures for ages called the "dream herb". Calea Zacatechichi is its proper latin name. You can get this herb from entheobotanical suppliers. I have never tried it personally but would like to soon. Do some research on it, it's very interesting stuff.

--------------------

Offlinequemo
dontknowitall

Loc: worldcitizen
    #1519381 - 05/04/03 12:21 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Finally, the last, and best tip I can give anyone is something that most websites or even 300 page lucid dreaming books will not tell you. This is an old Shaman's trick for acquiring the lucid state during dreams. It is the easiest of all techniques and probably the most effective. I had my first lucid dream using this technique, and you'll be blown away by how simple it is. 4 words... LOOK AT YOUR HAND.

Before, after, during the day at variious timeintervals, while falling a sleep, long, just a glimpse?? sorry, but could you tell a little bit more about this technique?? i'm interested :laugh:

OfflineAmnesiac

Re: Getting lucid [Re: quemo]
    #1519632 - 05/04/03 02:20 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Sorry if I wasn't too clear, but I meant that you're to look at your hand while actually in the dream. There are stages of awareness, many levels before you acquire lucidity. I have to leave RIGHT now so I can't talk about it at the moment, but I'll come back to this thread later tonight, probably around 1:00am Eastern time.

You have to first become aware that you are dreaming. At this point you'll gain a small amount of control over your actions in the dream. This is when you look at your hand and acquire the TRUE state of lucid dreaming, which is NOT the same as just knowing that you are dreaming.

In a true lucid dream state you can literally do anything, create anything, go anywhere instantly. You are the master of your own created reality.

Hope to have some more posts in this thread, it's a great subject that is likely to not bring up any stupid controversy :smile: But you never know!

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
    #1519820 - 05/04/03 04:25 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Amnesiac gives very solid advice.. reinforcing what he said my top tips would be:

Ask yourself, several times a day, in waking reality, if you are dreaming. The idea in this is that it will become habit, and eventually you will ask yourself the question while you are dreaming. Becoming aware that you are dreaming is what usually starts a lucid dream.

A Dream diary is very helpful..keep a notebook, and pen by your bed for this purpose alone. Every time you wake up and remember a dream, jot down the general idea of the dream. Go over the setting, the mood, the feelings you felt, the people involved, and whatever else may apply. Write down any details that stuck out at you. It doesn't have to be long, it could even be just a few words, but the more detail, the better. It will help you in the long run to remember your dreams more clearly, and gain insight into them.

Amnesiac brings up the looking at your hand technique. This works wonders and I can tell you why. When you look at your body in a dream, you become consciously aware of it.. this has the same effect as asking yourself if you are dreaming, except usually instantaneous and intense. This simple realization that you have a body, while dreaming, can be all you need to kick your consciousness into control of your dream.

Remember...all a lucid dream is, is conscious control of the dream. You simply realize you are dreaming, and that you control it. There are actually different ways of entering into lucid dreams.. consciously and unconsciously. You can will yourself in, or you can simply "wake up lucid". 95% of my lucid dreams, I simply wake up lucid, meaning I don't try to be lucid. I just start dreaming, and realize it is a dream.

Usually what makes me realize it is a dream, is some odd detail, or something out of place from regular waking reality. I simply observe, and notice something that is 'not quite right'.. this is usually enough for me to gain conscious control.

Lucid dreams are one of my favorite things. I feel so free, so versatile. Not to put any ideas into your head, but in almost all of my lucid dreams I have some sort of special ability..like the ability to fly, climb on ceilings, see through walls, telekenesis, etc. This I have come to accept as part of the lucid dream..you are the controller..your thoughts manifests instantly.

You want to fly..simply fly. It requires nothing but the simple thought of going from here to there without effort. For some people, they need to practice flying before they can actually fly around at will. This is a fear issue, and can be easily overcome. You let go of all pre-conceived notions of what is...let yourself go...feel how light you are, feel yourself rising..feel your thoughts able to manipulate your environment..and float. Similar to flying is running, or jumping, very fast. If you find yourself unable to fly at will..try running at top speed, or jumping over large buildings. In no time you will find that these actions are the same as flying, and flying will come as second nature.

I wish you luck and friendly adventures in the lucid state. Let your spirit flow, hope to see you there.  :laugh:

--------------------

Offlinequemo
dontknowitall

Re: Getting lucid [Re: Shroomism]
    #1519912 - 05/04/03 05:04 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

thanks to both of you :laugh:

InvisibleArmFromTheAbyss
Old Hand

Loc: Down here in Babylon
    #1519937 - 05/04/03 05:17 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

One thing that's always helped me stay lucid is wiggling my eyes. It makes sense because dreamed eye movement is the same as how your eyes are really moving.  Most vivid dreams occur in REM sleep, so wiggling your eyes helps you stay in REM. You only need to do it when you feel you're losing grip of lucidity.

Have fun.  :grin: 

--------------------

OfflineAmnesiac

Re: Getting lucid [Re: ArmFromTheAbyss]
    #1521155 - 05/05/03 02:42 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks Shroomism, now I don't have to expand on it any more :smile:

It makes total sense why the looking at your hand technique works. In some realm, I have realized the same thing, yet the information hadn't quite manifested in literal form until you pointed it out!

In most non-lucid dreams we simply seem to "view" our dreams, as if we are just observers.... nothing but a pair of eyes floating around. When you become aware that you have a body, it's a whole new world of options!

There's a fun thing I like to do in lucid dreams... some of you might be familiar with a Japanese anime show called Dragonball Z. Well, it's an animated series which at first appears to be for kids, until you catch a scene that blows your mind... there are two words that I can use to describe the concept of the show. HUMAN POTENTIAL!

What I like to do in my lucid dreams is become a Dragonball Z type character, where I am a martial arts master, can fly at incredible speeds, teleport short distances, and throw blasts of energy using my hands... I create an opponent and an arena of some sort and battle it out, flying, fighting, blasting... you haven't dreamed until you've done something like this :smile:

Anyways, just wanted to add that, and thanks Shroomism for saving me some time :tongue:

--------------------

Edited by Amnesiac (05/05/03 03:15 AM)

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

#1521573 - 05/05/03 10:34 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

ive been getting really stoned before I go to bed at night so I think its been hindering me somewhat but I've noticed I have some weird lucid? moments after I wake up and go back to bed.

This morning I became somewhat in control while I was in a dark little bathroom.. It actually reminded me of a prison cell or something. And this same scary-ass force was there that I have felt in other lucid dreams before. I held on for awhile trying not to be scared off but it was like my body was being electrocuted when I tried to stand up to it, and I began spinning around violently. so overwhelming...

Then i drifted into this other area after I woke up for a minute. I did the clock thing for the first time. I saw a wall clock and I went up and looked at it and as I focused on the numbers they turned into symbols and began swimming around the face of the clock.

ive started to write all these down and am trying to get into routines of asking myself if im dreaming, and I can feel an increasing sense of awareness and control while Im in the other world.

OfflineEchoVortex
(hard) member
    #1522002 - 05/05/03 01:55 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I just had a lucid dream last night, without even trying. I think it was only like the second lucid dream I ever had.

I was in my high school freshman biology class (we're talking about 15 years ago, here). And then all of a sudden I realized, "Wait a second, this can't be right." I realized it MUST be a dream. In order to test this hypothesis, I started ordering various objects to levitate. Lo and behold, they (for the most part) did what I wanted them to do. And then I noticed there were a couple of hotties in the class . . . you can guess what happened next.

The only technique I can infer from this experience is to go through the day trying to will objects to levitate at regular intervals. If you make it a firm habit to try to will objects to violate the laws of physics, you may eventually hit paydirt with a lucid dream.

Anyway, that lucid dream was one of the most exhilarating and unforgettable experiences ever.

OfflineAmnesiac

Re: Getting lucid [Re: EchoVortex]
    #1523199 - 05/05/03 08:44 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I guess a dream threesome with 2 schoolgirls would be pretty exhilerating and unforgettable :smile:

--------------------

Anonymous

#1523222 - 05/05/03 08:56 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

i naturally used to do it, but didnt know it- and so when i heard about lucid dreaming i went "WOW!!", and tried to find out how to do it. With the realization that I had had many lucid dreams before, also came the realization that lucid dreaming is kinda lame =(

Just thought I'd share

OfflineGreat Scott
Trigger Lover
Male User Gallery

Loc: Control Grid
Re: Getting lucid [Re: ]
    #1523316 - 05/05/03 09:26 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Well, its sorta impossible not to have sex sometime during a lucid dream.

--------------------
:thumbup: :thumbdown:

OfflineAmnesiac

Re: Getting lucid [Re: Great Scott]
    #1523444 - 05/05/03 11:04 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I keep thinking that while I am awake, yet any time I gain a lucid or semi-lucid state in dreams, it's never sex that I think about, always flying and teleporting from place to place. I haven't been able to keep a lucid dream state for very long, so maybe that's why I haven't gotten around to attempting some crazy dreamsex :tongue:

Morrowmind, if you think lucid dreaming is kinda lame, I kinda think you aren't really having actual lucid dreams.

If a lucid dream is a lame sensation, then tell me, What is your idea of a good time? What could possibly be better than being the master of your own universe in which anything is possible?

Wait a minute... is this a case of poorly translated sarcasm? Sometimes it's hard to tell with mere text... but if you're serious, that is the first time I've ever heard anyone say something like that!

--------------------

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
    #1523452 - 05/05/03 11:07 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I agree. I have had countless lucid dreams. They seem to almost replace my normal dreams now. Some are better quality than others tho.

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

Anonymous

#1523489 - 05/05/03 11:24 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Does smoking reefer really hinder lucid dreaming? \

it's interesting that you ask that. i find that the herb hinders my dreaming. if i smoke, i won't be dreaming that night (or at least not remember it). i don't know what it's effect on lucidity is.

i only once ever became lucid in a dream. i remember i was in a classroom. a chemistry lab actually, and there were people there. i asked one of them, "what are you doing here?"

and he said, "what are you doing here?"

and i said, "i'm dreaming". and i thought... wait a minute... I'M DREAMING. it wasn't long though before it kindof disintigrated again into unawareness.

i've read that if you're interested in lucid dreaming, one thing you must do is develop good dream recall. this means keeping a 'dream journal'. whenever you wake up from a dream, you write down, in as much detail as possible, everything about the dream.

it helps you become more aware of your dreams and retain them better. makes sense to me.

Offlinequemo
dontknowitall

#1523845 - 05/06/03 04:55 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

coincidence or not, i don't know, but i suddenly had one last night (my fourth in about 1 1/2 year). I was flying around in my dream, when suddenly i realised it is impossible for humans to fly, that was when i went conscious in my dream realising all this wasn't real. Stupid thing was, that when i realised it was a dream, and i wanted do some more flying, i wasn't able to anymore (i guess i tried, but doubted, too hard). I remembered this thread, with the part of looking at your hand, so i stared at it for a while. I forgot however what to look for :grin:
It was all fucked up (like it was digitally distorted). Strange thing was that there was some kind of a cosmic spiral in the palm of my hand. Any experienced lucid backpackers know where that could stand for, or doesn't stand for??  Beautiful event all in all, but i would like to get more grip to my dreamreality ... well, practice makes perfect i guess :smirk: 

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds