Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: Mescaline Memory Loss / Am I Fucked? [Re: birdland]
    #14867063 -

The op has only one problem, he worries too much...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mescaline Memory Loss / Am I Fucked? [Re: Cyclohexylamine]
    #14867071 -

tymoteusz3 said:
i like cow poo said:
And now your OCD has convinced you you have memory loss.

:feelsbadman:



This.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mescaline Memory Loss / Am I Fucked? *DELETED* [Re: birdland]
    #14867113 -

Post deleted by davemarble

Reason for deletion: reason


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mescaline Memory Loss / Am I Fucked? [Re: davemarble]
    #14867290 -

Shulgin is a good start, check out "Getting the Most from Psychedelics" on youtube there's like 10 parts to it. One of the people in that video Myron Staroff is an experienced underground psychedelic therapist so he would probably be pretty interesting to check out too.

Although the guy is obviously half-crazy I just have to mention Terrence Mckenna. Specifically, his ideas of de-conditioning yourself through the use of psychedelics. Ignore all of his crap on timewave-zero and stoned ape theories and his obsession with shamanism and all that. The important thing about Mckenna is his outstanding understanding of how psychedelics effect your brain and how to benefit from it. Listen to recordings on youtube. Believe me half his ramblings may sound like crap, but he describes experiences better than anyone I have heard. If your not sure where to start search "society is your operating system". Take it from there. There is also a 5 part recording on how to to take psychedelics which might benefit you.


Erowid is good, but trip reports are more than often written by unexperienced, unknowledgeable, underaged kids who took some powerful drugs thinking they'd just trip balls and see a bunch a cool shit. Firstly, irresponsible and dangerous. And I really don't take any of them for granted. Just use Erowid to find sources of imformation (and not for trip reports.

If you can find any writings of people who have had experiences with the famous shaman Maria Sabina, read them. It's fascinating the experiences some people claim to have had, such as her being able to describe aspects of the authors life without it ever being brought up in conversation.

Watch: entheogen awakening the divine within. (youtube)

Search the forums here.

If you ever take moderate-high doses of a psychedelic again, ask yourself why, and what do you want to take from the experience. Prepare in the days beforehand bye getting into good mental states and load your brain with lots of information if you can. It's healthy and will give you things to think about while you trip.

Do your own searching too, just google search any specific concerns/interests you might have. Just be sure to look at the source and the source's background, experience and education if your doubtful though because too many people talk shit about what they don't know when you get into the psychedelic realm. The government is a good example, as is Joe Rogan :tongue:


Personally I don't own any books as I'm too poor, but I've been told time and time again Aldous Huxley: The doors of perception is a good read.

Edited by birdland (08/03/11 01:41 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mescaline Memory Loss / Am I Fucked? [Re: birdland]
    #14867355 -

Honestly now that I have developed OCD I completely understand the OP. I used to watch that show where they documented cases of OCD and I was pretty much laughing at how stupid these people seemed. Unfortunately at the age of 12-13, things took a turn for the worse. I obsessed over my performance in sports and got anxious if I wasn't successful 100% of the time. I would practice my golf swing repetitively in attempt to perfect all aspects of my swing. Over time this moved to other sports such as longboarding and caused me to pretty much quit the sport all together when I couldn't do a specific type of slide. Now I must check my computer several times to see if it has logged out and when I put my marijuana accessories away I must do the same thing...

I hate this and it consumes the majority of my day, whether that means my thoughts are consumed or my rituals get in the way of my activities. I have not yet tripped yet but hope this will benefit my condition and hopefully improve my psychological well being. Who knows though, I can't really imagine anything having that big of an impact on my obsessions. This seems to be a pretty common disorder so I'm sure other people will be able to offer some info.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mescaline Memory Loss / Am I Fucked? *DELETED* [Re: drr]
    #14867898 -

Post deleted by davemarble

Reason for deletion: inaccurate


Edited by davemarble (08/03/11 03:56 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mescaline Memory Loss / Am I Fucked? [Re: davemarble]
    #14867954 -

davemarble said:
drr said:
Honestly...Yes mescaline has been known about for longer.

But I think in terms of physical side effects, especially the way it affects your circulatory system...Psilocybin is probably a lot more benign.

Mescaline has a much lower relative LD50 doesn't it? I know it causes vasoconstriction and heart rate and blood pressure increases. All psychedelics do...But it is a phenethylamine and often described as having a very speedy physical effect...



I also suspect psilocybin is more benign. But no one has done any studies on the long-term effects of psilocybin. One study has been done on the long-term effects of mescaline.

I'm hoping that with low doses of bridgesii the speedy effect won't really be that strong.

Do you think a very low dose would be "speedy," or affect heart rate/blood pressure significantly? You have much more experience with psychedelics than I do.



Dude you are overthinking it.
Stop.
Just stop.
You are fine.
But you should not touch psychedelics again.
They are not for you.
Trust me. I have given psychedelics to OCD people before.
It is a recipe for disaster.

Go for actual counseling.
That will help.
Drugs are not the answer. At least not at this time.
:hug:


--------------------
Yes this is tymo - I just changed my name

Have you ever had a dream that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to awake from that dream? How would you know the difference between that dream world and the real world?


There is NOTHING better than feeling that warm dissociative fuzz creeping up your body from IM K
Something abut that anaesthetic rush... :inlove:

Qualitative Research Chemical Effects and Experiences
The Wonderful World of Methoxetamine
The 3-Meo-PCP Chapters, Part One

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mescaline Memory Loss / Am I Fucked? [Re: Cyclohexylamine]
    #14868017 -

An interesting study that I just remembered involving compulsive burrowing behavior in mice whilst reading about Ps. argentipes. It was shown to be hit and miss though. http://www.psypost.org/2011/01/psychedelic-shrooms-treatment-obsessive-compulsive-3357
Also, an excerpt on the effects of psiLocybin on humans with OCD: "The study found that for 66.7% of the participants psilocybin reduced the symptoms of OCD, as measured by the Yale-Brown Obsessive Compulsive Scale, by over 50%."


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mescaline Memory Loss / Am I Fucked? [Re: Nunbuh_Chrubble]
    #14868080 -

Nunbuh_Chrubble said:
You are fine. Psychedelics don't cause memory loss...

Anyways, I'm SOOO happy to hear that you've found a medicine that works for you! Just one more reason that I love psychedelics! They bring so much happiness, wisdom, and growth into this world!

:rainbowcloud:



Directed towards OP (I thought it was obv. but just making sure)
I agree with the first statement. However, if every time you do them, your OCD (or whatever) makes you have (or at least appear to have) cognitive impairment then I would not say its the "medicine that works for you!" However, I would try something like maybe LSD (it supposedly helps with cluster headaches, I'm not sure about OCD) and like many have said, mushrooms.

Whatever you do man, I hope you can find something to help and I hope you can enjoy tripping!
:smile:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Bad Trip Memory Loss
( 1 2 all )
dewbidge 8,578 23 07/18/06 10:14 AM
by jonesie196
* UK mushroom users about to get fucked ?
( 1 2 all )
contam 5,059 29 08/19/03 01:04 PM
by SummerBreeze
* Micro dosing, deep sleep, and trip memory??? T33R4W 1,357 2 03/02/18 12:24 AM
by T33R4W
* Ego Loss
( 1 2 all )
_MarsBars_ 2,239 25 12/02/21 05:09 PM
by candyman345
* Scientific Mushroom Studies/Loss of time HagbardCeline 1,644 16 02/17/17 01:11 PM
by ergoticmandala
* Mescaline
( 1 2 all )
Osker246 5,112 27 09/11/03 02:16 AM
by geokills
* These Level 5 Reports are Fucking BULLSHIT
( 1 2 3 4 all )
YellowSubmarine 11,283 60 03/09/13 04:00 AM
by Shroomanism
* Had any bad mescaline trips, or heard of one? Wereraven 2,482 4 03/13/25 12:27 AM
by TrusyTripper

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: psilocybinjunkie, Asante, Rose, mushboy, LogicaL Chaos, Northerner, bodhisatta
3,400 topic views. 1 members, 17 guests and 69 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.012 seconds on 17 queries.