Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHagbardCeline
Student-Teacher-Student-Teacher
Male User Gallery

Loc: Overjoyed, at the bottom ...
Scientific Mushroom Studies/Loss of time
    #1556710 - 05/17/03 07:23 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I was interested in what ya'll think about the mechanics involved in the time loss phenomena. Do you think that the psilocybin interferes with the part of the brain that regulates time? Or is it something else? I feel like when I have taken them that the individual regions which control specifics tasks (vision, language, memory, emotions) boundries have been broken down. I think that the two hemispheres specifically have been fused, the corpus collosum (barrier between the two hemispheres) all but gone. What specific action on the brain do you think the mushrooms perform that makes you think profoundly? What other areas do you think are enhanced by taking them, including phsyical attributes.
Have any studies been done on this that anyone knows of. What about brain scans. High resolution cat scans, MRI, etc. I am really curious to see what goes on in the brain during tripping.

What are your thoughts?

--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJazzMatazz
addict

Loc: Vienna, Austria
Re: Scientific Mushroom Studies/Loss of time [Re: HagbardCeline]
    #1557014 - 05/17/03 10:02 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

at first i just want to make xlear that in my eyes: SHROOMING DOESNT MAKE YOU A SUPERIOR PERSON. Remember that ... please. Time los is probably , as time as such is only a human thing. Apes or cows dont have watches, and just go to sleep when they feel like it. We are in a society , in which we have to get up and do chores. When you?r on shrooms you go back to the roots. You drool on yourself and speak half finished sentances. Time is just meaningless, as everything else in your trip is just way more important.

--------------------
Perception is limited to consciousness.Expand it and unfold other realities.

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
    #1557089 - 05/17/03 10:31 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Maybe we just realize that time is meaningless. I donno really.

The corpus collisum thing might be true. Maybe that's why skitzofrenia is common amoung trippers (while tripping). Two hemispheres not being able to communicate with each other......maybe.

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
Re: Scientific Mushroom Studies/Loss of time [Re: Murex]
    #1557095 - 05/17/03 10:32 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

A test for when you trip:

Cover one eye and walk around looking at things. Try to identify what they are and their function and color. Then try your other eye.

Just make sure you don't see the objects with both eyes before covering your eyes.

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

OfflineHagbardCeline
Male User Gallery

Re: Scientific Mushroom Studies/Loss of time [Re: JazzMatazz]
    #1557285 - 05/18/03 01:36 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

JazzMatazz

I don't think that mushrooms make a me a superior person.  I was superior before I started taking them. :wink:  But seriously I do think that mushrooms can enhance certain types of thinking.  I do seem to have clarity of thought when on them.  Problems I had been mulling over, seem simple, with a single mindedness that leaves no question as to the correct path.  I also think your ability to extract answers from a limited set of variables is more easily accomplished.  That is, you can  more readily utilize your imagination to fill in the blanks.  I think this has alot to do with the seeming profoundness of your thinking while on schrooms.  I just feel more creative.  Why is that?

Murex

Interesting idea for a test.  I'll have to try that next time.  Right now I trying to plan my next experiment.  You have any more ideas for tests that I can try?  And do you know why I feel more creative?  Does anybody?

Do mushrooms cause random neurons to fire spontaneously?   

--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

Offlineummikko
sika joka eilenn? on pelkk?sika

Loc: Finland
    #1558454 - 05/18/03 07:34 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Not random. Mushrooms, as most other hallucinogenic drugs stimulate serotonin reseptors (specifically serotonin type 2(5-HT2) reseptors) and cause them to fire at inappropriate times or for longer than usual durations. 5HT2 receptors (presumably) contribute to perception in some way, and an abnormal pattern of stimulation in these receptors leads to hallucinations.

It is possible that hallucinogens also interact with other serotonin receptor types (there are at least 15), and this may lead to other alteration of consciousness. Also, it could be (and is higly likely!) that the type 2 serotonergic system has more functions than just perception.

The problem is not WHERE in the brain hallucinogens exert their effects; this can be measured. However, no one can not point out a group of neurons and say "that's where consciousness in located" -that's impossible, when we don't even know what causes consciousness (Neurons? chemicals? electricity? magnetic field?) So it's pretty hard to quess why a certain chemical causes a certain alteration of consiousness.

I haven't heard that hallucinogens would interact with neurons specifically in the corpus callosum, and if they did I think the results would be more similar to lobotomy or split-brain cases...but anyway if somebody tries the eye-covering experiment I want to hear what happened!

--------------------
"All substances are poisons; there is none which is not a poison. The right dose differentiates a poison and a remedy." -Paracelsius

Offlinefakee
Stranger
Re: Scientific Mushroom Studies/Loss of time [Re: ummikko]
    #5098481 - 12/23/05 03:58 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I bet the way that mush works on those receptors could teach us alot about certian brain control experiments in the future. for example things such as placing a tinny electric charge is parts of your brain to create dejavu or even make u feel like your smelling something that your not. I think stuff like that is truely interesting

Invisibleabductee
Time
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Scientific Mushroom Studies/Loss of time [Re: ummikko]
    #24095389 - 02/16/17 01:29 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

I forget where I saw or read the article, but there were these scientist who claim to have found where consciousness resides, somewhere around the top  of the spine. They were doing research to help out people who were in a comatose state, wish I remembered more of the article. I'm sure a google search would bring it up.

Offlineergoticmandala
 User Gallery

Re: Scientific Mushroom Studies/Loss of time [Re: abductee]
    #24095404 - 02/16/17 01:36 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

SHROOMING DOESNT MAKE YOU A SUPERIOR PERSON.

what is the context of this comment

I don't feel like OP was acting at all pretentious for using mushrooms, seems a bit out of the blue, I may be missing something

personally most drugs slow down time for me, especially weed and psychs
with the exception of stimulants which sometimes can make time fly by

--------------------

OfflinePrimalSoup
hyperspatial illuminations
Other User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
Re: Scientific Mushroom Studies/Loss of time [Re: ergoticmandala]
    #24095429 - 02/16/17 01:47 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

And who cares at this point?  THIS IS A 13 YEAR OLD THREAD!

--------------------

if you stand too close to the machine it'll start to eat you
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

Invisibleabductee
Time
Male User Gallery

Re: Scientific Mushroom Studies/Loss of time [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #24095465 - 02/16/17 02:00 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Crazy how time flies

Offlinekrypto2000
Unknown

Re: Scientific Mushroom Studies/Loss of time [Re: abductee]
    #24095539 - 02/16/17 02:29 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Abductee ate some mushrooms and forgot 11 years had passed.

Invisibleabductee
Time
Male User Gallery

Re: Scientific Mushroom Studies/Loss of time [Re: krypto2000]
    #24095587 - 02/16/17 02:48 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

lol totally

OfflinePrimalSoup
hyperspatial illuminations
Other User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
Re: Scientific Mushroom Studies/Loss of time [Re: krypto2000]
    #24095657 - 02/16/17 03:14 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

krypto2000 said:
Abductee ate some mushrooms and forgot 11 years had passed.

:laugh2:

--------------------

if you stand too close to the machine it'll start to eat you
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

Invisiblesudly
Quasar Praiser

#24095823 - 02/16/17 04:15 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

HagbardCeline said:
I was interested in what ya'll think about the mechanics involved in the time loss phenomena.  Do you think that the psilocybin interferes with the part of the brain that regulates time?  Or is it something else?  I feel like when I have taken them that the individual regions which control specifics tasks (vision, language, memory, emotions) boundries have been broken down.  I think that the two hemispheres specifically have been fused, the corpus collosum (barrier between the two hemispheres) all but gone.  What specific action on the brain do you think the mushrooms perform that makes you think profoundly?  What other areas do you think are enhanced by taking them, including phsyical attributes.
Have any studies been done on this that anyone knows of.  What about brain scans.  High resolution cat scans, MRI, etc.  I am really curious to see what goes on in the brain during tripping.

What are your thoughts? 

If you really want to know what psilocybin is doing in the body when it's metabolized into psilocin you should be looking at the interactions it has within the human nervous system.

As an anxiolytic drug the active ingredients in magic mushrooms are known to have an effect on the nervous system, namely, it is also a sympathomimetic drug that acts on the sympathetic pathway of the nervous system.

The sympathetic pathway is what influences the sympathetic division of the nervous system and it is the part that is responsible for governing our innate fight or flight response that increases our heart rate with a burst of adrenaline.

This piece of academic literature gives me reason to believe psilocybin has the potential to act as an inhibitor of the sympathetic nervous system and hence the fight or flight response.

Quote:

Characteristic autonomic effects of the neurovegetative system that were notable for the whole animal excitatory syndrome caused by the central stimulation of the sympathetic nervous system.

Edited by sudly (02/16/17 04:20 PM)

OfflineHagbardCeline
Male User Gallery

#24096766 - 02/16/17 11:05 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

I'm still here.  And I'm still getting head shots!

--------------------

Offlineergoticmandala
 User Gallery

#24097867 - 02/17/17 01:11 PM (7 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

I'm still here.  And I'm still getting head shots!

man you've been here
Holding it down

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag