Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinedaba
Stranger
 User Gallery

Giving up Drugs
    #1477047 - 04/20/03 07:23 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Well folks, ironic as it is on 4-20-03, I have decided to give up drugs. However, I do not know if I can do so, and I'm afraid if I continue, I won't have the will to stop once I'm in too deep.

I noticed I had a problem these past 3 weeks, in which I was intoxicated every single day. It's draining me mentally, physically, and financially. Then again, getting high is a feeling like no other, but I am very unsure of what to do.

I know quitting is the right thing, and will help me get my life back on track. Maybe it's all the events that have happened to me recently. I know if I truly wanted to quit, I'd toss my two pipes (PHX and ZONG), but I just got the PHX, which truly spoiled me heh. All PHX users know what I mean!

LSD may be in town, and I don't want to pass that opportunity by. But tripping on acid will probably get me back on my vicious cycle. I used to smoke every weekend, recreationally, but now I am using drugs every day, and it's getting out of hand.

So, as of 420, 2003, I have decided to lay down the pipe, pills, and drugs.

Just typing out my thoughts. Comments anyone?

Cheers,
daba

--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

Edited by daba (04/20/03 07:27 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinephishytrip
Gillious Supreme
Male User Gallery

Loc: AZ, USA
Re: Giving up Drugs [Re: daba]
    #1477058 - 04/20/03 07:28 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

im going to a rehab to kick not my drug addiction...but my stupidity...its not the drugs that have me in a bind, its the stupidness of my life. its the law and money thats holding me down...i have to realize when and where to do the drugs. i know it sounds weird, but ive never felt overly depressed or ive never lost a job, or not done good in school due to drugs. i like working 60 hours a week and getting fucked up while doing it. it doesnt affect me personally...its affecting me in a way i cant explain.

btw....i would never stop dosing or taking mushrooms.

but im going to a rehab for a month or so next week sometime or as soon as they have a bed available. give me time to calm down and get a good head on my shoulders and learn not to get carried away with drugs...things in excess can lead to trouble...so try out a rehab place or alittle therapy/counseling, it cant hurt

i also learned today if i eat too much red meat i can get colon cancer. therefore im cutting back on my red mean intake....problem solved

good luck.

--------------------
Remember: First you pillage, then you burn.

Edited by phishytrip (04/20/03 07:29 PM)

Offlinedaba
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Giving up Drugs [Re: phishytrip]
    #1477064 - 04/20/03 07:34 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

things in excess can lead to trouble

Very true.
I usually smoke while in a car, and I'm always paranoid, because me and my pals smoke in the shadiest places.

Maybe I'll just cut back and regress to the lighter times, when I smoked once a week. All I know is that this doing drugs everyday thing is not gonna work out, it's fucking me up... I don't know if my body can handle it... not my body, my mind.

Maybe I just need a break. I need to iron things out in my life personally, I'm sure once that shit's done I'll be much more relaxed. I think I'm too tense nowadays.

Regards,
daba

--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

OfflineRastafari
Stranger
 User Gallery

#1477122 - 04/20/03 08:11 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

my policy is to not touch anything but the herbs....and perhaps some mushrooms. but I need to only smoke da herb before bed time because I am studying to get my g.e.d....

tobacco, alcohol... these are crutches people use because they are legal...and they kill the most people! I really despize them.... I also used to drink and smoke cigs a whole lot....tried quite a few drugs... but now... I wont touch anything but de sweet cheeba.

natural is the way to go... Drink a cup of peppermint or ganja tea and get irie off of life. I've seen too many people die from wack shit

--------------------
I&I

Anonymous #1

Re: Giving up Drugs [Re: Rastafari]
    #1477135 - 04/20/03 08:18 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

i am giving up marijuana today. its been a 3 year relationship with mary and i don't regret a second of it. its just time for me to move on, give my lungs a break, and my head a new consciousness.

OfflineBlowMiNose
Some rise, Somefall, Some climb

Loc: The Dirty South...
Re: Giving up Drugs [Re: ]
    #1477189 - 04/20/03 08:45 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

i JUST recently quit hard drugs. Ive been using various hard drugs for well over a year now. Started out with opiates and benzos, then onto coke and speed, then onto more of the following with increasing usage. My addictions to benzos, opiates, and coke have shown me how SHITTY drug use can get. Im trying to stay off all this stuff. Been off all of those a week today. Opiate withdrawal was a bitch mind you. I know this break is not forever, which is what scares me. I don't really want to go back, but i want to SO bad at the same time. Its really shitty  :confused:  Good luck with quiting. I guess you're mostly talking about pot? You'll do alright staying off it, if you really want to.

--------------------
***--- Have You Opened Your Third eye?! ---***
      :::disclaimer:::this stuff was done in my dreams

Offlinedaba
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Giving up Drugs [Re: BlowMiNose]
    #1477245 - 04/20/03 09:24 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Yea, pot and speed. Speed fucks me up man, I hate that shit.

--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

OfflineBlowMiNose
Some rise, Somefall, Some climb

Loc: The Dirty South...
    #1477349 - 04/20/03 10:07 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I agree that speed can be a nasty habit. Good luck on that. I myself have far greater problems with coke and opiates than speed. I enjoy speed, but for some reason my speed use never gets out of hand. If you need some more support on this kinda shit feel free to PM me, ive been through this quiting biz a quite a few times. I know its helps to talk to others who have been through it, because most people dont really understand.

--------------------
***--- Have You Opened Your Third eye?! ---***
      :::disclaimer:::this stuff was done in my dreams

Offlinethe free thinker
salesman
Male User Gallery

Loc: twin cities
Re: Giving up Drugs [Re: BlowMiNose]
    #1477749 - 04/21/03 12:12 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I am always glad to read people on the shroomery quitting harder drugs like meth, coke, heroin, etc... BlowMiNoise I just want to say YOU CAN DO IT!!! Try to stay clean off that shit.

Good luck man.  Fire up a joint to take your mind off it or something.. whatever you liked before those other drugs.  :smile: 

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being