Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1

Antidepressants: Keeping the masses happy
    #1453098 - 04/12/03 06:48 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

It seems there's a double standard in what drugs the sociopolitical machine deems appropriate for consumption by the masses. Denying the psychoactive properties of antidepressant medications is denying their primary objective. Antidepressants affect one's state of mind just as much as any illegal drug. If the primary use of antidepressants is to alter one's state of mind, then this is no different from self-medicating with hallucinogens, with the exception of intensity. It's an attempt to escape one's problems and naturally induced state of mind. The only exception to this comparison is those illegal substances that cause harmful physical effects.

Antidepressants serve an important purpose for the Machine. They keep people complacent, satisfied and at ease, so they can continue buying into the status quo. Basically it makes one give away their power to someone else. Someone is telling them, "You should be happy. Look at everyone else, they're all happy and having a good time and so should you. Here, take this Zoloft and then go buy yourself a new car and some new clothes, and you'll soon be feeling happy as kitten." They then agree that their depression is somehow wrong, they ignore the cause of it, and opt for the quick and easy solution.

Have you ever just stopped and wondered: why is everyone so depressed?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator

Re: Antidepressants: Keeping the masses happy [Re: ]
    #1453126 - 04/12/03 07:04 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Good thoughts, I agree

Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Loc: Toronto Canada
    #1453129 - 04/12/03 07:05 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

How's the mighty Stimpster Journey? :smile: 

"Being crazier than a shithouse rat is not sufficient grounds for banishment"

Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
Re: Antidepressants: Keeping the masses happy [Re: FreakQlibrium]
    #1453157 - 04/12/03 07:19 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

as a bunch of drug users I really don't think we can say that they should or shouldn't take these drugs. I consider drugs of all kinds totally ok, it's up to the person who wants to take them. I think it's hypocritical to do any drug and then say "man prozac is so bad."

However, we had to swim upstream to do our drugs, they weren't handed to us by trained professionals who we trust to look after our welfare. I have no problem with the drug, but the drug is part of a pretty fucked up system. The whole concept of being told how we "should" feel is a weird one. Happiness is relative, right? (what isn't) so it's quite possible that by watching smiling celebrities on TV we just feel worse and worse about ourselves. Suddenly we think that we aren't happy anymore, when really, we're doing fine, it's just that nobody is "happy" as they present it on TV. And I don't mean to say thaht we're doomed to unhappiness, so get used to it, but I think that we can find happiness in our volatile mood swings and depression. Ideally we would get into the experience of depression and find some kind of contentedness in it, the same way forest life has evolved to accept death by fire. When the fire burns through the lodgepole pines are like "YYYYEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAW THROW OUT THE PINE CONES!"

word to your mothers

Loc: A Dream...
Re: Antidepressants: Keeping the masses happy [Re: FreakQlibrium]
    #1453166 - 04/12/03 07:25 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

You are right, except for there being no real bad effects from them, they might not be physical, but i take heavy anti-depressants, and they are supposed to make me more stable and a better person to be around, but they make me sweat heavily, give me a shake or tremor, make me overly anxious, change how i eat, and pretty much how i live, and all of that (if you notice what the pills are doing to you) scares me and i still struggle with each day the same as i did before, ..except that im not the same person and that the pill took over a part of me (that may have been bad or negative, but it was ME) and id say thats like taking away a part of somebody's soul which is just as bad or worse than 'illegal' drugs, these drugs steal from the soul and illegal drugs like weed probably wont ever do this hardly at all and only hurt you physicaly in the long run

oh and i think it makes me sick how more and more people, like my whole family is doing them now, they may all have their reasons, but that doesnt mean they have to give in and say 'if i cant be happy, ill have a pill do most of it for me' and how is this worse than an illegal drug?!

?People keep searching for happines in the outside, what they don't know is that it's in the inside?
?In an infinite universe, anything that can exist, must exist? Bear
?To think too long about doing a thing often becomes its undoing? Eva Young

ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
    #1453264 - 04/12/03 08:09 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Holy shit, shut this guy up. He's posing a danger to the system!

:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology