Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Loc: Fire in the sky
Israeli Bulldozer and Chinese Tanks
    #1382756 - 03/17/03 04:17 AM (21 years, 16 days ago)

I saw on the news that Israelis woere demolishing some Palistinians houses and an American was in the way. The bulldozer driver wouldn?t stop and killed the American. Kinda suicidal thing to do, to get in front of a bulldozer. Maybe the driver didn?t see the girl and it was an accident. It reminds me of Tiananmen Square though. Even the commie tank driver stopped.

--------------------
"If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do."-King Solomon

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Israeli Bulldozer and Chinese Tanks [Re: Ellis Dee]
    #1383104 - 03/17/03 06:32 AM (21 years, 16 days ago)

Anyone stupid enough to stand in front of a bulldozer or tank deserves whatever happens.

By the way, the wake will be held in rooms 3 - 6 at the local mortuary.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
Re: Israeli Bulldozer and Chinese Tanks [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1383114 - 03/17/03 06:36 AM (21 years, 16 days ago)

Yes, those stupid stupid principled people, when will they learn...

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
    #1383249 - 03/17/03 07:24 AM (21 years, 16 days ago)

Just as anyone stupid enough to vote for Bush gets what they deserve?

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Israeli Bulldozer and Chinese Tanks [Re: infidelGOD]
    #1383252 - 03/17/03 07:25 AM (21 years, 16 days ago)

Principles are one thing, getting run over by a bulldozer is quite another.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

#1383255 - 03/17/03 07:26 AM (21 years, 16 days ago)

You know neither.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Israeli Bulldozer and Chinese Tanks [Re: GazzBut]
    #1383258 - 03/17/03 07:27 AM (21 years, 16 days ago)

Even now I'd vote for Bush before Gore.

And I didn't vote for Bush in the primary.

Of course a rock would be better than Gore.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1383261 - 03/17/03 07:27 AM (21 years, 16 days ago)

What an unbelievably stupid comment.

--------------------

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

#1383268 - 03/17/03 07:29 AM (21 years, 16 days ago)

Anyone stupid enough to stand in front of a bulldozer or tank deserves whatever happens.

ditto.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1383273 - 03/17/03 07:31 AM (21 years, 16 days ago)

So standing in front of a moving bulldozer or tank is something you consider smart?

That explains the quality of your posts then.

--------------------

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

#1383290 - 03/17/03 07:36 AM (21 years, 16 days ago)

So standing in front of a moving bulldozer or tank is something you consider smart?

I never said that. Please don't put words in my mouth, it's amateurish, but perhaps it explains the quality of YOUR posts.

Before I proceed let me get this straight.

You think that standing up and even dying for your beliefs is "stupid"?

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1383492 - 03/17/03 08:28 AM (21 years, 16 days ago)

I didn't say that. I said standing in front of a bulldozer is stupid.

Let's go on. So you say, or at least imply I have no principles. That's just stupid. Even if it were true you don't know me.

At which point I replied.... What an unbelievably stupid comment.

Then you cut and paste my statement and editorioalize.....

ditto

So if my comment was stupid, are you not implying the opposite? That there is nothing stupid about standing in front of a moving tank or bulldozer?

Because it sure sounds that way to me.

--------------------

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #1383539 - 03/17/03 08:43 AM (21 years, 16 days ago)

I guess he figured that he might be able to stop the bulldozer. He was risking his life to stand up for his beliefs.

luvdem, do you the the Tienamen(sp?) square guy was stupid?

What about a soldier who sneaks into enemy territory under heavy fire but is killed at the last second?

Where's the line between stupidity and bravery?

Or is bravery just stupidity that people get rewarded for?

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Israeli Bulldozer and Chinese Tanks [Re: Phluck]
    #1383626 - 03/17/03 09:08 AM (21 years, 16 days ago)

Yup he wasS STUPID.

You must see the difference between standing in front of a moving tank and a soldier getting killed while fighting.

Standing up for your beliefs when there is a chance you might make a difference is brave.

Standing up for your beliefs when there is no chance you might make a difference is stupid.

Standing in front of a moving tank or bulldozer is stupidity, pure and simple.

There are better ways to work for change. If they were still here, they could work for change. How many remember the name of the guy in the square? How many will remember the name of the woman who stood in front of the bulldozer, two weeks from now?

If you give your life piulling someone from a burning car, that's brave.
If you climb into a burning car to make a point, that's stupid.

--------------------

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

#1383683 - 03/17/03 09:24 AM (21 years, 16 days ago)

I didn't say that. I said standing in front of a bulldozer is stupid.

Well, those weren't your EXACT words but certainly that man in the picture stood up for his beliefs and was probably killed in the ensuing massacre, and you said he was stupid and that he deserved death. So dying for your beliefs is, according to you, stupid.

So if my comment was stupid, are you not implying the opposite?

I'm not implying the opposite, I didn't say it was smart to do such a thing. I think it's a brave and pricipled thing to do. And it certainly isn't stupid. That man knew why he was there and he knew exactly what he was doing. Maybe he realized the impermenance of his own life and decided to dedicate himself to a higher cause. Is that stupid?

I think it's interesting that you assumed that I was implying the opposite. It tells me that you see no middle ground between stupid and smart. Maybe you think like Bush? Good or Evil, with us or against us, black and white?

That there is nothing stupid about standing in front of a moving tank or bulldozer?

Context! There is nothing stupid about it if you make a conscious decision to sacrifice your life for a higher cause.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1383688 - 03/17/03 09:26 AM (21 years, 16 days ago)

Bullshit.

It was stupid.

--------------------

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

#1383702 - 03/17/03 09:29 AM (21 years, 16 days ago)

Why?

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1383711 - 03/17/03 09:32 AM (21 years, 16 days ago)

Read my previous posts in this very thread.

You are capable of that, right?

--------------------

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Loc: Fire in the sky
    #1383748 - 03/17/03 09:42 AM (21 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

Standing up for your beliefs when there is no chance you might make a difference is stupid.

I completely disagree with this. Standing up for your beliefs or even making the ultimate sacrifice and dieing when there's no chance of victory is one of the noblest and most heroic things a man can do.

We don't know what effect this girls bulldozed death will have. It might mean the end of bulldoing home in the west bank. It might make all the difference in the world. She gave her life for what she believed in and it might be misguided but I know in my heart of hearts that her heart was in the right place. God rest her soul.

I have convictions, as I'm sure you do as well. I place giving my life for a worth cause or for a friend as the most loving thing a person can do.

--------------------
"If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do."-King Solomon

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Israeli Bulldozer and Chinese Tanks [Re: Ellis Dee]
    #1383776 - 03/17/03 09:51 AM (21 years, 16 days ago)

I would rush into a burning house to try and save a life.

I wouldn't stand in one to campaign for better smoke detectors.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom