Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineAngry Mycologist
Spontaneouslycombusting

Loc: Galapagos
Activism: Electronic March on Washington
    #1320203 - 02/19/03 04:26 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

From MoveOn.org:

Welcome. MoveOn.org is hosting the online headquarters for the Virtual March on Washington on February 26th, sponsored by the Win Without War Coalition. Please join us NOW for the march.
On February 26th, every Senate office will receive a call every minute from a constituent, as they receive a simultaneous flood of faxes and e-mail. Hundreds of thousands of people from across the country will send the collective message: Don't Attack Iraq. Every Senate switchboard will be lit up throughout the day with our message -- a powerful reminder of the breadth and depth of opposition to a war in Iraq. And on that day, "antiwar rooms" in Washington, D.C., and Los Angeles will highlight the day's progress for the national media, while local media can visit the "antiwar room" online to monitor this constituent march throughout the day.

--------------------
The proper penalty of ignorance, which is of course that those who don't know should learn from those who do... - Plato

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Loc: Canada
Re: Activism: Electronic March on Washington [Re: Angry Mycologist]
    #1320444 - 02/19/03 05:55 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Good idea. We should do this in every other country too.

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

OfflineBuzzDoctor
Runs withscissors
Male

Loc: Atlantis
    #1328814 - 02/23/03 11:51 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Yes! And you don't even have to have a fax machine - they will fax it for you.
http://www.truemajority.com

If you can call your senator, you can sign up at http://www.truemajority.com and they will give you your time to call. You can choose which time works best for you. Please note the call times are Easter time zone, so adjust accordingly.

Buzz

--------------------
Is the glass half-full or half-empty? I say it is both.

Offlinezandorf
OTD residentvirginwizard-abstinenceain'teasy

#1328822 - 02/23/03 11:55 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

what about floodnetting? we shouldn't forget floodnetting at all.

--------------------
We live in a world where lemonade is made with artificial flavours and furniture polish is made with all natural lemon.

Anonymous

#1328825 - 02/23/03 11:58 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

That's great. If something doesn't go your way, just harass the people you shouldn't have elected.

Offlinezandorf
OTD residentvirginwizard-abstinenceain'teasy

Re: Activism: Electronic March on Washington [Re: Anonymous]
    #1328828 - 02/23/03 11:59 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

that's right, we the people elect the senate and the congress.

good job.

--------------------
We live in a world where lemonade is made with artificial flavours and furniture polish is made with all natural lemon.

OfflineAngry Mycologist
Spontaneouslycombusting

#1328922 - 02/23/03 12:48 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

That's great. If something doesn't go your way, just harass the people you shouldn't have elected.

Would you equate protesting with harrassing? Also, I didn't elect Dubya.

--------------------
The proper penalty of ignorance, which is of course that those who don't know should learn from those who do... - Plato

Anonymous

#1328929 - 02/23/03 12:52 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

A march is a protest. Flooding someone's phone line with words of a minority is harassment.

OfflineAngry Mycologist
Spontaneouslycombusting

#1329020 - 02/23/03 01:42 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Are you so sure it is the minority?

--------------------

Anonymous

#1329347 - 02/23/03 04:46 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

In America, where it really matters, I am 110% sure you are in the minority.

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
    #1330117 - 02/24/03 12:07 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

So once they are voted in they can do what they like and people just to take it and wait until the next election to enjoy the richness of democracy? yeah right.

--------------------
Always Smi2le

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
    #1330120 - 02/24/03 12:09 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

So minorities dont have rights? what if the majority are wrong?

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Invisiblefadedpinkwings
Stranger
Re: Activism: Electronic March on Washington [Re: GazzBut]
    #1330143 - 02/24/03 12:21 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

So minorities dont have rights? what if the majority are wrong?

That is what a democracy is all about . the people vote(duh) and the MAJORITY get the decision. what you are talking about is communism, where things are equal for the minority and the majority.

--------------------
I hope all bleeding hearts Die from bloodloss!!!!!

InvisibleG a n j a
Pictish and proud
 User Gallery

Loc: Zone ate
Re: Activism: Electronic March on Washington [Re: fadedpinkwings]
    #1330228 - 02/24/03 01:12 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

So what wrong with stating your opinion between votes with faxes and phone calls?Some thing tells me you 2 were the vicitms of prank calls in the past lol.

--------------------
er

Anonymous

Re: Activism: Electronic March on Washington [Re: GazzBut]
    #1331169 - 02/24/03 08:28 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

So minorities dont have rights?

Did I say that? Hmmm... no. Unlike most people here I write what I mean, explicitly. The first step in reading comprehension is knowing what a passage says - finding hidden meanings in writing would better suit you in reading philosophy.

And like I said before, flooding someone's phone lines is harassment. It shows the anti-war populus is getting desperate, seeing as how Americans aren't buying into their bullshit.

OfflineAngry Mycologist
Spontaneouslycombusting

#1331744 - 02/24/03 12:36 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

flooding someone's phone lines is harassment.

Couldn't you essentialy say the same thing about protest in general? The idea is if they won't listen, the protesting party will become louder. I thought that was what this country prided itself on.

Quote:

seeing as how Americans aren't buying into their bullshit.

This is a very broad ASSUMPTION to make, and it will continue to be just that: an assumption, unless you can somehow prove that the majority of Americans are for the war. (No polls from any of the major networks....they're all biased in their own ways)

--------------------

Anonymous

#1331879 - 02/24/03 01:20 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

The idea is if they won't listen, the protesting party will become louder.

Then protest louder and bigger, it doesn't matter... a march would be more effective than spam anyway. You think the senators are going to get so annoyed that they just cave? Hmmm good luck.

Quote:

This is a very broad ASSUMPTION to make, and it will continue to be just that: an assumption, unless you can somehow prove that the majority of Americans are for the war. (No polls from any of the major networks....they're all biased in their own ways)

The polls are biased, in your direction. If you're willing to dismiss any evidence than you're wrong, then you're headed the way of Alex, and my responding is pointless. You know damn well the American people favor military aggression, you just have to admit you're in the minority.

OfflineAngry Mycologist
Spontaneouslycombusting

#1331926 - 02/24/03 01:35 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

You know damn well the American people favor military aggression, you just have to admit you're in the minority.

As amazing as this may sound: No, I didn't know that the American people favor millitary aggression. I know that the current administration does, but I'm talking about the citizens.

I don't know whether or not I'm in the minority, and I think the current administration is using that very fear as a tactic to further it's own agenda. All I am saying is that you don't know EITHER. We don't know in general. The public has no clue (including me). So....why not stand up for what one believes in? Should I give in if I feel I am the minority?

By your definition of harrassment; sit-in's, marches, and protests in general would fall under that category.

--------------------

Edited by Angry Mycologist (02/24/03 01:39 PM)

Anonymous

#1331968 - 02/24/03 01:46 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Well I'm pretty damn sure that the American people favor this war, based on the polls you so ignorantly dismissed.

Quote:

The public has no clue (including me). So....why not stand up for what one believes in? Should I give in if I feel I am the minority?

By all means. I'm saying that this spam protest is ineffective, rude, and probably detrimental to your movement.

Quote:

By your definition of harrassment; sit-in's, marches, and protests in general would fall under that category.

And here we go with the Alex shit again. Maybe someone needs to go back to grade school and learn the difference between "is" and "is not." I CLEARY wrote that marches are a perfectly fine form of protest. I'll post a quote from an earlier argument for you to read a little more closely: Then protest louder and bigger, it doesn't matter... a march would be more effective than spam anyway.

Sorry if I assumed you'd have basic reading comprehension skills.

OfflineAngry Mycologist
Spontaneouslycombusting

#1332026 - 02/24/03 02:06 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Well I'm pretty damn sure that the American people favor this war, based on the polls you so ignorantly dismissed.

I've seen polls that show two completely different sides. I think war/anti-war sentiment is closer to 50/50. The polls I have "ignorantly dismissed" are polls which have never proven to be reliable in the past, they are spearheaded by a multitude of corporations/organizations that are ONLY trying to support their own agenda. They take the opinion of a few thousand (sometimes less) American citizens and then convert that number into what they SUPPOSE is the general consensus of the nation. Sometimes these surveys are only taken in one county. This county represents the entire nation? What about the under-privileged who most likely will never get to see a survey during their lifetime? I think the majority of the people that make up this country actually go unaccounted for. Statistics are unreliable and are notorious for being used by various politicians to sway public opinion.

Quote:

And here we go with the Alex shit again.

Who the hell is Alex?

Quote:

Sorry if I assumed you'd have basic reading comprehension skills.

That's uncalled for and childish. Attack my ideas, not me.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order