Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: Hybrid MSG from 27 qt Sterilite tub #1925 [Re: Doc_T]
    #13198402 -

Your telling me and then I wait 5 days aftr full colonization before I bring into fruit


--------------------
Ask  AMU    for    the  best    mycology    advice  out  there

  Roll it :burnone:While I troll it.  :maximumtrolling:

I don't mean to boast, but dam if I don't brag.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hybrid MSG from 27 qt Sterilite tub #1925 [Re: Doc_T]
    #13198409 -

Meh,10-14 days isn't so long seeing as I have been keeping myself busy with the beach and friends and cookout's and fishing,riding the flatland bike,and of course...work.


--------------------
7 days without waves makes one weak!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hybrid MSG from 27 qt Sterilite tub #1925 [Re: Mad_Hatter2004]
    #13200202 -

Mad_Hatter2004 said:
Yeah but not opening the tub itself.I just un twist the open end,fold it over take a peek,let it breathe for second (Like Doc_T said too),then twist the open end of the bag shut again and fold it back underneath the tub.




exactly what i did today (couldnt resist), coming along nicely...i'd say by day 10-14 should be good (on day 5 now for 2 of them)


--------------------
   


BSL=Ignorance

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hybrid MSG from 27 qt Sterilite tub #1925 [Re: MoJesus]
    #13203132 -

Day 10, it was ready. Not 100% colonized on top, but there was knotting, a few pins, and one larger pin.
So it's in the greenhouse. Top shelf toward the back.
It would hold two per shelf, so even with the humidifier inside, I could fit five of these in there. :eek:


--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hybrid MSG from 27 qt Sterilite tub #1925 [Re: Doc_T]
    #13203189 -

Doc_T said:
Day 10, it was ready. Not 100% colonized on top, but there was knotting, a few pins, and one larger pin.
So it's in the greenhouse. Top shelf toward the back.
It would hold two per shelf, so even with the humidifier inside, I could fit five of these in there. :eek:



I plan on spawning my other two tomorrow so that will put me at 5 ...wish they had a cozy place like a greenhouse.


--------------------
   


BSL=Ignorance

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hybrid MSG from 27 qt Sterilite tub #1925 [Re: MoJesus]
    #13203198 -

Build yourself a greenhouse. It's pretty cheap really.


--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hybrid MSG from 27 qt Sterilite tub #1925 [Re: Doc_T]
    #13203220 -

The woman said once I build a room in the basement I could put one down there and since she's the boss its going to have to wait. Way to much on my plate to undertake that right now


--------------------
   


BSL=Ignorance

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hybrid MSG from 27 qt Sterilite tub #1925 [Re: MoJesus]
    #13207516 -

Like a walk-in greenhouse in a room?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hybrid MSG from 27 qt Sterilite tub #1925 [Re: whypickthree]
    #13207601 -

walk in greenhouse... /drool

keeping it clean /facepalm

probably I'll stick with tubs lol

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hybrid MSG from 27 qt Sterilite tub #1925 [Re: greggor22]
    #13210913 -

Any pics yet Doc_T?

I checked mine last night for the second time (I noticed some slight drying of the surface of the bulk sub the first time,so I opened to lightly mist it down)..looks to be about 70% colonized and should be done and ready to fruit by Monday/Tuesday.


--------------------
7 days without waves makes one weak!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hybrid MSG from 27 qt Sterilite tub #1925 [Re: Mad_Hatter2004]
    #13210925 -

Meh, nothing really to see. Knots, one big pin.


--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hybrid MSG from 27 qt Sterilite tub #1925 [Re: Doc_T]
    #13219132 -

Pins-a-plenty! (I plucked the big one)



--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hybrid MSG from 27 qt Sterilite tub #1925 [Re: Doc_T]
    #13221515 -

nice pins.

i posted a couple pics of mine over in mad_hatters thread

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/13221511#13221511

check them out, i think ive still got a few more days until they are ready to fruit.


--------------------
   


BSL=Ignorance

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hybrid MSG from 27 qt Sterilite tub #1925 [Re: Doc_T]
    #13228520 -

Harvest day, first flush. 22.6 ounces fresh weight.
Not spectacular for this culture, but not bad. The spawn was a bit old.
Tub still had a lot of weight, so I didn't dunk. we'll see how that plays out.



--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hybrid MSG from 27 qt Sterilite tub #1925 [Re: Doc_T]
    #13229799 -

Doc_T said:
Harvest day, first flush. 22.6 ounces fresh weight.
Not spectacular for this culture, but not bad. The spawn was a bit old.
Tub still had a lot of weight, so I didn't dunk. we'll see how that plays out.






You harvested a bit early, huh? Going for 'maximum potency' or something? Still look really good, though. About 2 ounces dry, then? Not too bad, especially considering the lack of effort.

Did you eat a fresh one while harvesting/ do you ever? My buddy does that. He once did it while sick with bronchitis, and drinking. I just don't get it. :justdontknow:

...maybe eat a fruit while harvesting, feeling well, with a clear mind and not much going on for the day. :shrug:

One last thing on this post: what's the story on your humidistat-thingy, or whatever it's called? The thing you plug your ultrasonic into?

I've been coordinating my cool mist with a timer, and it's working great for the time being. I think a humidistat would be better, though, and not require adjusting as I put in more trays/take trays out.


--------------------
Anything posted here, is total bullshit.
My Meyers-Briggs Personality: INTJ
New growers, or anyone else just needing help; I'm always glad to help right here. :grin:


We give cultivation advice here. :super:


AMU Q & A - We're glad to help
My Doggy Door Greenhouse!          First Ever Shmuvbox Tek!          Do Manure Right!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hybrid MSG from 27 qt Sterilite tub #1925 [Re: Doc_T]
    #13230026 -

that's freaking awesome may the day come to me soon when i will be able to successfully follow in your wicked bad ass footsteps!  :headbang3:


--------------------
Froggy Style!

My pad or yours?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hybrid MSG from 27 qt Sterilite tub #1925 [Re: NCDOC0623414]
    #13230058 -

Quote:
One last thing on this post: what's the story on your humidistat-thingy, or whatever it's called? The thing you plug your ultrasonic into?



Zoo-Med Hygro-Therm. But I've used timers before.

Quote:
You harvested a bit early, huh? Going for 'maximum potency' or something?



Caps were starting to open- if I'd left it, there'd be spores this morning.


--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hybrid MSG from 27 qt Sterilite tub #1925 [Re: Doc_T]
    #13230122 -

:popcorn:

I have a tub that looks to be about that size which I tried making a glovebox in, it has 2 ~3.5 inch holes on the sides. I wanted to make an MSG like this one but I'm not sure what to do about the holes.

Nice flush :thumbup:


--------------------
:etbig::etbig::etbig:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hybrid MSG from 27 qt Sterilite tub #1925 [Re: Niwita]
    #13233919 -

Niwita said:
I have a tub that looks to be about that size which I tried making a glovebox in, it has 2 ~3.5 inch holes on the sides. I wanted to make an MSG like this one but I'm not sure what to do about the holes.





Not a problem!

I'm sure if you get creative you can find some plastic sheeting of some sort to patch it with.

Examples; plastic shoe boxes, old jugs that maybe held oil for your car, plastic ice cream tubs, old storage totes, etc. One of those items has got to either be trash or trashed itself (ie holed where there shouldn't be) that you could use to harvest some plastic squares, around the size of those holes.

Then, epoxy the fuggers on there! I've done this before myself, but I regret to inform, I don't have any pictures :facepalm:

Another option is to simply tape on some tyvek nice and clean-like, maybe do one piece on each side. This in itself will allow gas exchange, so at first, you might wanna leave the tyvek area free of holes. Then, if it appears the tubs aren't getting enough fresh air, go ahead and poke 'em!

:super:


--------------------
Anything posted here, is total bullshit.
My Meyers-Briggs Personality: INTJ
New growers, or anyone else just needing help; I'm always glad to help right here. :grin:


We give cultivation advice here. :super:


AMU Q & A - We're glad to help
My Doggy Door Greenhouse!          First Ever Shmuvbox Tek!          Do Manure Right!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hybrid MSG from 27 qt Sterilite tub #1925 [Re: Doc_T]
    #13233951 -

Quote:
Doc_T said: Zoo-Med Hygro-Therm. But I've used timers before.




How much did the humidistat cost?

   
Quote:
Facey said:
You harvested a bit early, huh? Going for 'maximum potency' or something?




Quote:
...to which, Doc_T said:Caps were starting to open- if I'd left it, there'd be spores this morning.



Right. I know ALL about sporulated greenhouses... and the 3 hours they take to clean :facepalm3:

...I used to go ahead and grow them through to full maturity, though. I'd end up getting about 30% more weight out of them. :shrug:


--------------------
Anything posted here, is total bullshit.
My Meyers-Briggs Personality: INTJ
New growers, or anyone else just needing help; I'm always glad to help right here. :grin:


We give cultivation advice here. :super:


AMU Q & A - We're glad to help
My Doggy Door Greenhouse!          First Ever Shmuvbox Tek!          Do Manure Right!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* 73 qt blue tub with blue lid? dafog 1,221 4 08/07/06 02:36 PM
by davesj1
* Mono tub Questions discountpass 755 7 02/06/07 12:56 PM
by Premedman1
* Why Tub in Tub JazzMatazz 1,517 16 03/09/05 09:09 AM
by kiss
* How big of a tub to use for 3 quarts of spawn in straw yougene 755 3 12/28/06 09:13 PM
by hfactor
* sealed tub without tub?? doesntmattermuch 556 2 04/21/06 01:30 PM
by doesntmattermuch
* Re: Is this enough perlite in this big tub? PIC PappaKaps 1,722 13 05/24/00 06:55 PM
by tokinshitload
* How big of a tub? ad0130 428 1 04/06/06 08:59 PM
by Premedman1
* Is it necessary to case an hpoo double tub? thegoat191 1,105 9 01/03/08 02:01 AM
by strengthener

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
19,883 topic views. 10 members, 36 guests and 174 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.036 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 16 queries.