Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: Hybrid MSG from 27 qt Sterilite tub #1925 [Re: Doc_T]
    #13164196 -

Doc_T said:
Quote:
my god thats a lot of holes. :facepalm3:



Yeah, and then you have to drill the lid too. :lol:



the lids were the easy part, i marked one and did 2 the first round and 3 the second round.

plus as far as marking goes i made 2 cardboard jigs after drilling the first tub...one for the length and other for the width. seems to have worked out nicely so far.


--------------------
   


BSL=Ignorance

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hybrid MSG from 27 qt Sterilite tub #1925 [Re: MoJesus]
    #13164211 -

Yeah, a drilling guide is really smart. :thumbup: Set of three, I guess.


--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hybrid MSG from 27 qt Sterilite tub #1925 [Re: Doc_T]
    #13178749 -

Doc_T said:
Yeah, in Florida you could probably put it out on the porch and leave it be.



I don't know about htis time of year with the temperature and all.It get's down into the mid/high 70's/low 80's at night,but during the day right now it's been low to mid 90's.Seeing as it's a mono/shotgun hybrid it might receive enough airflow to keep things cool...but I don't know,that's what spent and contaminated substrates are for,out doors but I will be spawning one or two Mini MSG's just to place the colonized substrates outside.This way when ever I have yard work to do I can pop in and grab a couple mushies.


--------------------
7 days without waves makes one weak!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hybrid MSG from 27 qt Sterilite tub #1925 [Re: Mad_Hatter2004]
    #13179369 -

Quote:
I don't know about htis time of year with the temperature and all.It get's down into the mid/high 70's/low 80's at night,



My greenhouse is set to run at 78 in the winter.
I don't start heating until temps in my apartment start dropping below 70 consistently.

IOW, I think you're golden. Got a screen porch?


--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hybrid MSG from 27 qt Sterilite tub #1925 [Re: Doc_T]
    #13179487 -

IOW?

No I don't have a screen porch...maybe the new place will,that would be nice!


--------------------
7 days without waves makes one weak!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hybrid MSG from 27 qt Sterilite tub #1925 [Re: Mad_Hatter2004]
    #13179564 -

In Other Words


--------------------
             :crazykitty:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hybrid MSG from 27 qt Sterilite tub #1925 [Re: ninja cat 09]
    #13179576 -

Thanks ninja.


--------------------
7 days without waves makes one weak!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hybrid MSG from 27 qt Sterilite tub #1925 [Re: Mad_Hatter2004]
    #13179788 -

i just spawned 2 of these with PE using C/V/G

have some ecuador and texans that should be ready to spawn this week!

Going to be a tough week trying not to peek at them :wink:


--------------------
   


BSL=Ignorance

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hybrid MSG from 27 qt Sterilite tub #1925 [Re: MoJesus]
    #13179794 -

Any time you are tempted to peek, make a batch of grain jars instead. :wink:


--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hybrid MSG from 27 qt Sterilite tub #1925 [Re: Doc_T]
    #13179933 -

:postcount:


--------------------
Ask  AMU    for    the  best    mycology    advice  out  there

  Roll it :burnone:While I troll it.  :maximumtrolling:

I don't mean to boast, but dam if I don't brag.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hybrid MSG from 27 qt Sterilite tub #1925 [Re: Doc_T]
    #13179951 -

Doc_T said:
Any time you are tempted to peek, make a batch of grain jars instead. :wink:



Thankfully I've got plenty to keep me busy with work and school.
If I fin time I plan on starting some jars, have some pe lc and a couple different strains of ms.


--------------------
   


BSL=Ignorance

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hybrid MSG from 27 qt Sterilite tub #1925 [Re: Doc_T]
    #13181259 -

Doc_T said:
Any time you are tempted to peek, make a batch of grain jars instead. :wink:



I wish I could,but I have no grain left...have to get some tomorrow or early next week.

When I feel the urge to peek,I tell myself otherwise and just go smoke a fattie and get tore up :awethumb:


--------------------
7 days without waves makes one weak!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hybrid MSG from 27 qt Sterilite tub #1925 [Re: Mad_Hatter2004]
    #13182736 -

Mad_Hatter2004 said:
Doc_T said:
Any time you are tempted to peek, make a batch of grain jars instead. :wink:




When I feel the urge to peek,I tell myself otherwise and just go smoke a fattie and get tore up :awethumb:




i'd love to burn one but i quit smoking years ago......although lately ive been wanting to start back up again, esp since my state passed the medical mj law and most of my friends have their cards....some good shit going around  :bigblunt: :rockon:


--------------------
   


BSL=Ignorance

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hybrid MSG from 27 qt Sterilite tub #1925 [Re: MoJesus]
    #13188783 -

7 days in, I peeked. Looks ok, a bit dry. (I don't seal up the bags)
So I gave it  good mist, put it back for a few days. Probably move to FC around day 10, as planned.


--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hybrid MSG from 27 qt Sterilite tub #1925 [Re: Doc_T]
    #13189595 -

Doc_T said:
7 days in, I peeked. Looks ok, a bit dry. (I don't seal up the bags)
So I gave it  good mist, put it back for a few days. Probably move to FC around day 10, as planned.



i was planning on peeking on day 7 too..hoping 10 days max.
just made another one with texans and started a soak on some wbs..

i started doing this almost as a "joke" (long story)
but now i find myself really getting into the hobby


--------------------
   


BSL=Ignorance

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hybrid MSG from 27 qt Sterilite tub #1925 [Re: MoJesus]
    #13189637 -

Just peeked into my mini MSG,day 7 as well.Didn't want to open it to take a pic though.Looks about 10% colonized.

How far along is your's Doc_T?

I hope my grains didn't lose too much moisture...I had them stalled in the refrigerator for about 1.5 weeks and the cakes really shrunk up after I took the jars out of the refrigerator.

Placed in a heavy duty trash bag after being spawned to the bulk sub,open end twisted shut and folded over.I opened it for 10 seconds on the 3rd or 4th day like you mentioned to let it "breathe",then twisted open end shut again and folded over.

I'll check again on day 10 and if the sub's surface is looking dry I may mist it like you just mentioned you did.


--------------------
7 days without waves makes one weak!

Edited by Mad_Hatter2004 (09/13/10 02:22 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hybrid MSG from 27 qt Sterilite tub #1925 [Re: Mad_Hatter2004]
    #13198281 -

Just checked again,everything seems fine in the tub...should be ready by day 14 which will be the 20th of this month...currently it is day 9 of colonization.


--------------------
7 days without waves makes one weak!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hybrid MSG from 27 qt Sterilite tub #1925 [Re: Mad_Hatter2004]
    #13198318 -

Mad_Hatter2004 said:
Just checked again,everything seems fine in the tub...should be ready by day 14 which will be the 20th of this month...currently it is day 9 of colonization.



Where you peaking?  LOL thats the hardest thing for me to just leave it and not look


--------------------
Ask  AMU    for    the  best    mycology    advice  out  there

  Roll it :burnone:While I troll it.  :maximumtrolling:

I don't mean to boast, but dam if I don't brag.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hybrid MSG from 27 qt Sterilite tub #1925 [Re: truskool]
    #13198325 -

Yeah but not opening the tub itself.I just un twist the open end,fold it over take a peek,let it breathe for second (Like Doc_T said too),then twist the open end of the bag shut again and fold it back underneath the tub.


--------------------
7 days without waves makes one weak!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hybrid MSG from 27 qt Sterilite tub #1925 [Re: Mad_Hatter2004]
    #13198346 -

That's the chief advantage to a greenhouse FC, IMO.
You can look all you want without opening, touching, or breathing on anything.

But the colonization stage is a long 10-14 days with little peeking.


--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* 73 qt blue tub with blue lid? dafog 1,221 4 08/07/06 02:36 PM
by davesj1
* Mono tub Questions discountpass 755 7 02/06/07 12:56 PM
by Premedman1
* Why Tub in Tub JazzMatazz 1,517 16 03/09/05 09:09 AM
by kiss
* How big of a tub to use for 3 quarts of spawn in straw yougene 755 3 12/28/06 09:13 PM
by hfactor
* sealed tub without tub?? doesntmattermuch 556 2 04/21/06 01:30 PM
by doesntmattermuch
* Re: Is this enough perlite in this big tub? PIC PappaKaps 1,723 13 05/24/00 06:55 PM
by tokinshitload
* How big of a tub? ad0130 428 1 04/06/06 08:59 PM
by Premedman1
* Is it necessary to case an hpoo double tub? thegoat191 1,106 9 01/03/08 02:01 AM
by strengthener

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
19,900 topic views. 15 members, 68 guests and 87 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.043 seconds spending 0.011 seconds on 16 queries.