Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: Is this enough perlite in this big tub? PIC * 1
    #17894 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is this enough perlite in this big tub? PIC [Re: PappaKaps]
    #17896 -

It's not easy to tell from the pic, but it looks like that will suffice :smile: Nice sized chamber though. How much do you plan on producing?

peace
camel



--------------------
Don't do drugs.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is this enough perlite in this big tub? PIC [Re: PappaKaps]
    #17897 -

A few :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is this enough perlite in this big tub? PIC [Re: PappaKaps]
    #17898 -

Id ad a bit more? howmuch is that, one bag - two bags?
if you have a good 3 inches youll do a bit better.. just a suggestion


--------------------
If I made affront, I apologize.
If I made affirmation, I apologize.
I merely came to listen, came to say.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is this enough perlite in this big tub? PIC [Re: PappaKaps]
    #17899 -

I'd suggest a 1" layer with 1/2" water up the sides. May not last as long but the perlite will humidify more efficiently.

peace
camel



--------------------
Don't do drugs.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is this enough perlite in this big tub? PIC [Re: PappaKaps]
    #17900 -

WOW..how big is that thing? Most plastic storage untis go by quarts. Do you know how many quarts that is? or maybe a brand name?

Just curious:-)

Lana


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is this enough perlite in this big tub? PIC [Re: PappaKaps]
    #17901 -

Lana, yeah, it is a STERILITE 90 qt tub.

And Dyno, it was 1 whole bag and about 1/4 of another. I did have like 5 inches of perlite and too much water in it before, and the humidity was off, so I cleaned it and put a little less in it and the humidity seems to be doing a little better.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is this enough perlite in this big tub? PIC [Re: PappaKaps]
    #17902 -

Thanks Big Pappa!! :-)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is this enough perlite in this big tub? PIC [Re: PappaKaps]
    #17903 -

HELLZ yeah dude...I had a 10 Gallon aquarium and it just looked kinda ghetto. So I said fuck this and got a rubbermaid 96 quart tub. I used a whole bag of perlite and just made the water half of the thickness of the perlite(not sure of the exact measure). Then, I bad a wire mesh shelf type thing and it sits six inches off of the bottom(about 3 inches above the perlite/water. They fruit like crazy in that damn thing(at least compared to the aquarium. I got a casing in that thing too. Let us know how it goes Pappa.

-JJ

------------------
Has everyone gone totally bitch-cakes around here?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is this enough perlite in this big tub? PIC [Re: PappaKaps]
    #17904 -

nice...is that lid airtight?

[This message has been edited by MK-ULTRA (edited May 24, 2000).]


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is this enough perlite in this big tub? PIC [Re: PappaKaps]
    #17905 -

Your lid doesn't have to be completly air tight. With a loose lid the humidity will still rise if your variables are right. The lid being air tight is not that important. The lid on this is pretty air tight though, but not completly.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is this enough perlite in this big tub? PIC [Re: PappaKaps]
    #17906 -

PappaKaps:

How many 1/2 pint cakes do you think you could fit in that big Sterilite tub of yours?

Or, another scale of measurement, how many plastic keg-beer cups do you think you could fit in there, if you're using the SOS method?

thanks
c


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is this enough perlite in this big tub? PIC [Re: PappaKaps]
    #17907 -

Cactus:

Well I'm not sure. If you were to put cakes in there I'm assuming you could put at least 12 with room to spare (for shroomies to grow freely), maybe more. I'm not sure for the SOS tek cups though, I've never seen the type of cups you all are talking about. IF you got a pic of one cactus, post it so I know what to buy if I decide to use the tek.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is this enough perlite in this big tub? PIC [Re: PappaKaps]
    #17908 -

pappacapa,i like that big single shroom in the background,b+? btw, i use a container like that,works great,be sure to put some h202 in your water.........

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* hella extra perlite RoJoCaBRitO 898 4 10/23/02 06:41 PM
by digitalshaolin
* Vermiculite or Perlite? DismemberID 1,830 8 08/01/06 11:26 PM
by mushnoon
* Re: Wetness of Perlite Anonymous 669 2 05/27/00 08:46 PM
by Anonymous
* Making a H2O2 bubbler (PICS)
( 1 2 all )
jebus2000 6,857 26 01/14/08 07:28 AM
by galadar
* Re: Pic of a NINE INCHER!! PappaKaps 996 5 06/14/00 08:13 PM
by tom
* Re: What is this on my poor little cake? PIC Anonymous 1,739 9 05/29/00 12:16 PM
by Anonymous
* Re: First Time. Mycelium and aquarium heater - Pics phrozendata 1,574 9 07/04/00 03:10 PM
by Kavalo
* Re: Pic, what is on this casing?? Anonymous 730 8 07/04/00 07:24 AM
by PappaKaps

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,722 topic views. 12 members, 113 guests and 140 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 16 queries.