Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinejebus2000
Son of God

Loc: Canada
Making a H2O2 bubbler (PICS)
    #401286 - 09/22/01 11:33 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

After speaking to Bluhoney about how to set-up a bubbler today, I decided to take the plunge and went out to Pet Smart and Home Depot to buy the "Stuff".
I think this is everything I will need. Although it will be nice not to have to be fanning and spraying anymore, my main reason for trying this is to increase the O2 level in the chamber and in turn growing larger fruits.

I will be using straight H2O2 in each of the jars. It was suggested that this is not needed, but what the hell a huge bottle is like $1.00! I will be using the two 1 liter cannig jars for the "peroxide bong" and each will have two outputs. So, each bubbler will be supplying 2 grow chambmbers. This is why I bought 2 air pumps. The ones I bought have 2 outputs and pump 150 liters an hour. I will be using a "Y" adapter at the outputs so there will only be one input line going into each bubbler.

This pump also has individual controls for each of the two outputs (Green dials on the sides).The pumps were about $20.00 each (on sale) so I got two. Here is a close of the box.

I think the two pumps may be excessive for only 4 grow chanbers but, I hope to be expanding again soon. That is 75 liters of air an hour/ grow chamber. My chambers are about 40.
I would love to hear peoples experiences using an H2O2 bubbler and any of the "..if I had to do it over again I would..." kind of thoughts. I will be posting a folllow up on both the setup and the results. Thank you for reading and I look forward reading your posts.

Cheers,

Beans, beans the magical fruit...

HelpMeJebus

--------------------
Cheers,

A BIG thanks to the Sporelab for hosting The Jebus Dehydrator Tek http://www.sporelab.com/jebus200.htm
Contact [email]helpmejebus@hotmail.com[/email]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblephrozendata
Carpal Tunnel

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Making a H2O2 bubbler (PICS) [Re: jebus2000]
    #401323 - 09/23/01 12:37 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Looks like your going to have a really sweet setup. Have fun! Keep the useful pictures coming (maby a step by step instructions for newbies.

--------------------
"There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving and that's your own self. So you have to begin there, not
outside, not on other people" - Aldous Huxley

OfflineWhat_Guy
"Forget ME Not"

#401325 - 09/23/01 12:40 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

the more you eat the more you tut,lol

Go get your self a $1 print at the FSR
Shroom tea got me all fryed up

Gilligannnn,the sikper too,marrr.....y...ann.........aaaaand..........OW Fuck it !!

--------------------
Shroom tea got me all fryed up

Gilligannnn,the sikper too,marrr.....y...ann.........aaaaand..........OW Fuck it !!

InvisibleBrownPastures
old hand

Loc: here
    #401378 - 09/23/01 03:30 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

So, this thing is supposed to make OXYGEN??? whoa....is that supposed to be like that water into wine thing?? lol

got 1 tip for ya,

you know the lid of the jar??? not the part you screw off , but the part that's flat. Replace it with PLASTIC. Basicly, your gonna need to drilll a hole("naked metal") , then your going to be introducing water and oxygen, can you say RUST! heheh, anyhoo, i make a plastic lid from an old gallon milk container (just trace a little disk aand you know what else)..... hope you understood, cause, it'll save you some mess/time and nasty ass rust......

here's a pic of my bubbler...in my monkey's super sterile mushroom lab!muuuuuuuuuuahahahahhahaha

peace and good luck

D D Island

Offlinejebus2000
Son of God

Re: Making a H2O2 bubbler (PICS) [Re: BrownPastures]
    #401417 - 09/23/01 06:51 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

BrownPastures,
Thanks for the plastic tip. That is somthing that only somone who has experiecne with them would know. Great tip! I will be putting it to use this afternoon. Thanks.

On the top of your bubbler, is the blue thing a double ended, male tube adapter? If so that is so cool? What a great idea! I had thought that I was going to have to attach the tubes directly to the bubbler lid and to my grow chamber, but the obvious problem is what happens when I want to clean/mover them and the tube is permanently attached. Puttng a male ended, tubing adapter anywhere that I would be drilling a hole would make it so I could simply remove the tubing, without having to rip it out and re-glue and silicone later.
If you have any more pics of your setup I would appreciate it. Preferably, one looking down on the top of your bubbler.
Thanks again for the great post and I look forward to your reply.

Cheers,

HelpMeJebus

--------------------
Cheers,

A BIG thanks to the Sporelab for hosting The Jebus Dehydrator Tek http://www.sporelab.com/jebus200.htm

Invisiblemrshrums
    #401425 - 09/23/01 07:15 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Ok mabye this is a stupid question but why do you even need a lid on the jar? It is going to be inside your terrarium anyway right? Just curious because I am getting ready to build a similar setup and wasn't planning on making a lid. I though the purpose was to produce air into you terrarium and with a lid on it how is it going to get into your terrarium.

Edited by mrshrums on 09/23/01 08:16 AM.

Offlinejebus2000
Son of God

Re: Making a H2O2 bubbler (PICS) [Re: mrshrums]
    #401432 - 09/23/01 07:31 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

When I get my set-up complete I will post some pics that I think will show this setup better then anyone could explain.
You are right, if the jar was going to be IN the grow chamber. I am going to have it out (to save growing space) and run tubing into the side via. a small drilled hole. So, with the lid on in causes an increase in preasure within the jar and it will go to an area of low concentration....my grow chamber. Much like one of my favorite episodes of the Flinstones (the one where Fred almost drowns and Barney is doing CPR?) "...in with the good air, out with the bad air".

Does anyone have advice on where to place the holes in the side of my grow chambers? I will have one for input and one for output, but since CO2 is heavier then O2 , would it not make sense to have the O2 line high on the side and the output low. Please let me know what you think..

Cheers,

HelpMeJebus

--------------------
Cheers,

Invisiblepuscle
genius of love
Loc: NY
    #401441 - 09/23/01 08:01 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

It all sounds good except for the silicone. Silicone won't bond with yout tubing or jar lid. I use GOOP.

Offlinejebus2000
Son of God

Re: Making a H2O2 bubbler (PICS) [Re: puscle]
    #401447 - 09/23/01 08:19 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Are you sure the silicone won't work? Which goop did you use? I was looking at them yesterday and they had about 5 types (metal. plumbing, ceramic ect.)

HelpMeJebus

--------------------
Cheers,

Invisiblepuscle
genius of love
    #401448 - 09/23/01 08:21 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

I'm sure, silicone won't adhere to non porous surfaces. Plumber`s or household GOOP both work well.

Offlinejebus2000
Son of God

Re: Making a H2O2 bubbler (PICS) [Re: puscle]
    #401452 - 09/23/01 08:25 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks I will be picking some up this afternooon.
Do you have any advice on where to place the input and out put holes in my grow chamber?
How long have you been using the bubbler and do you find an increase in fruit size due to the H2O2 and decrease in contams?
Thanks for your time...

HelpMeJebus

--------------------
Cheers,

Invisiblepuscle
genius of love
    #401464 - 09/23/01 09:02 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

I don't use a bubbler and rarely H2O2. I've got two air hoses dangling above my casings with drain holes just above the perlite layer. If your growing cakes the bubblers should be fine.

InvisibleOzone
    #401482 - 09/23/01 09:40 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

I hope it works. I had contams when I used a bubbler but mine was an open type that could have splattered. I have had the best luck with a modified perlite system. I added airlines to the one side using a glass drill near the bottom of the tank. Pump air in most of the time and mist if the humidity drops every few days. The c02 is pushed out by the pumped air out the lid through a few holes at the opposite end and is covered with coffee filters.

Ozone

--------------------
Ozone

Invisibleoscill8
*bondage fairy*
    #401512 - 09/23/01 10:17 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

hi jebus. h2o2 when exposed to light (and warm temps) becomes o2 + h2o (water and oxygen). so though youre using the bubbler to produce oxygen, by leaving it in glass (clear) containers it will break down much more quickly into *just* water than if it was in a darker container. its not really a big deal, but since your intention is to use straight h2o2 (well, 3% h2o2) from the bottle, you may want to cover those glass containers up (electrical tape, anything) so you dont end up with *just* containers of water, when you wanted some h2o2 in there :)

looking nice though

***Please Donate Blood. American Red Cross***

--------------------
? oscill8 2001, 2002
"Any data submitted to Shroomery.org becomes our property"

Offlinejebus2000
Son of God

Re: Making a H2O2 bubbler (PICS) [Re: oscill8]
    #401571 - 09/23/01 11:49 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

oscill8, thanks for the great tip! I will use duct tape. Any idea how long it takes to break down?

HelpMeJebus

--------------------
Cheers,

Offlinebluhoney
Yes Im a realgirl ,geeesh
Female User Gallery

#401603 - 09/23/01 12:22 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

My friends set up for growing oyster mushrooms;) This first pic shows the entire set up with her bubbler. the next pic shows the three way splitter thats connected to a single outlet air pump. This splitter has three hoses running to three separate jars filled with H2O2. She knows of the breaking down of H2O2, and changes the water every week( total about 6 bottles @ about 89 cent a bottle) the next pic is of her hydrometer which maintains her knowledge of surrounding humidity and temperaty inside the growing chamber. And in this one you can see the growing pans on top of two inches of damp perlite with the jars filled with H2O2 and bubblers with the hoses connected. Here is a close up of the jar filled with H2O2 and bubble stone And this is her rabbit Anastasia who keeps bluhoney safe at night.:)

information posted is for entertainment purposes only and should not be attempted in real life

--------------------
Information listed here is for entertainment only and is neither real or proven

Invisiblephrozendata
Carpal Tunnel

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Making a H2O2 bubbler (PICS) [Re: bluhoney]
    #401664 - 09/23/01 01:28 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Very, very nice. Looks like your friend will be enjoying lots of mushrooms soon.

--------------------
"There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving and that's your own self. So you have to begin there, not
outside, not on other people" - Aldous Huxley

InvisibleBrownPastures
old hand

Loc: here
Re: Making a H2O2 bubbler (PICS) [Re: phrozendata]
    #401973 - 09/23/01 07:00 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Here's the top view.

You migt be able to see some plastic wrap sticking out on the inner side. That's just for a tight seal. I had to use a top for this because my bubbler setup was outside of the terrarium that i was using at the time. The male thing-a-mabobber was connected to a tube that was fed into the terrarium. The tube connecting to the airpump and to the air stone was just run thru the plastic lid (it's easy to make a nice tight, waterproof fit with plastic).

Edited by BrownPastures on 09/23/01 08:05 PM.

InvisibleTUT
Stranger
Loc: USA
    #402060 - 09/23/01 08:46 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

I think silicone would work better than anything else for your seal. Someone said that it would not work on a non porous surface but if you notice all aquariums are sealed with silicone. I have used it for many years on pvc pipe and other non-porous surfaces and have had great success with silicone. It also becomes non toxic after it cures. I tend to use a lot of rubbing alcohol to sterilize things that I would rather not expose to heat and other sealants would disolve a little each time if I were to wipe them down with rubbing alcohol. Anyhoot thats my 2 cents I hope it helps. Peace be with you, TUT

Offlinejebus2000
Son of God

Re: Making a H2O2 bubbler (PICS) [Re: bluhoney]
    #402230 - 09/23/01 11:44 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks for the great pics! Where did your friend get that gauge? It looks great! I hope I can but one of the net...

As I have eluded to before bluhoney, I would be glad to be with you all night and keep you safe...if you ever get bored of Anastasia...think about it and let me and the bunny know. LOL
(When are you posting more pics again....)

Thanks again for the great pics and I look forward to your response.

Jebus2000

HelpMeJebus

--------------------
Cheers,

Offlinebluhoney
Yes Im a realgirl ,geeesh
Female User Gallery

#402355 - 09/24/01 06:30 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

That's so sweet jebus2000 thankyou :smile:. The hydrometer was purchased at a Wal-mart in the garden center. I'll keep you posted on the pics.:) bluhoney

information posted is for entertainment purposes only and should not be attempted in real life

--------------------
Information listed here is for entertainment only and is neither real or proven

Offlinejebus2000
Son of God

#409172 - 09/30/01 12:03 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

FOLLOW UP PICS:

Construction is complete and I have been using the multi-H2o2 bubbler set-up for over a week, with great results.

Here are some pics of the set-up...
Since I am using a single bottle, with lines going to 2 terrariums, I used a "T" conector to have the two outputs on my pumps go into one line in to the bubbler bottle.
The bootle is covered in duct tape (to prevent breakdown of the H2O2) and has three lines attached to the lid.
One comes from the pump and is attached to the bubbler stone in the jar and the other two are seperate feeds to the terrariums.

These pics. show the line coming from the bubbler to the terrarium. I drilled a small hole in the top on one end the grow chamber and inserted a male adapter to attach the tubing to . At the oposite end of the grow chamber, I drilled a whole low...to allow O2 to come in at a high level and force the heavier Co2 to be forced out the low hole.
It is working great and is saving me tones of time. I think the fruits are larger too. This could be due to the increase in air exchange and higher levels of O2 available.
Thanks and I welcome your comments.

Cheers,

Contact helpmejebus@hotmail.com

--------------------
Cheers,

Offlinedoctor_evil
Stranger

Loc: canada
    #445955 - 11/03/01 06:20 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Some Questions:

Through my spies i hear my nemisis Austin Powers is looking for some help reguarding this discussion.

With a setup like this does it reduce the humidity levels in the grow area?

What about contam's? (increased, decreased?)

What size exhast hole should one make? And could one just use like 1 or 2 coffee filters over the hole? OR could someone run a tubbing line from the exhast hole with say a coffee filter over the end of the tube to keep contams AWAY from the grow area, and the movement of air through the tube helping?

--------------------
I'll get your shroom's... POWERS!!!

OfflineChemical_Smile
Making Love WithMy Ego
Loc: coming down fast, miles a...
Re: Making a H2O2 bubbler (PICS) [Re: doctor_evil]
    #446057 - 11/03/01 08:08 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Hi doctor evil. Hows your bald cat doing? I am paranoid about contams so I put the air pump in a small rubermaid container with a good size hole driled in the lid and a filter disk covering the hole. This way only filtered clean air is being used in my system. Oh yeah I had to drill 2 small holes in the side one for the cord and one for the air tubing. Both small holes are sealed w/epoxy. It is also easyer to cut the cord for the pump and solder it back together after it is threaded through the side of the container. Hope this helps.

OfflineXxMuSHRooMHeaDxX
enthusiast

#456074 - 11/12/01 02:04 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

With a setup like this does it reduce the humidity levels in the grow area?

What about contam's? (increased, decreased?)

What size exhast hole should one make? And could one just use like 1 or 2 coffee filters over the hole? OR could someone run a tubbing line from the exhast hole with say a coffee filter over the end of the tube to keep contams AWAY from the grow area, and the movement of air through the tube helping?

Good questions AFOAF has the same questions to ask , any help please???peave

XX

--------------------
"Put the past at rest , Live your life to please"
Mushroomheads Official Site
Free Spore Ring
Myco-Elite
All above are lie's.

Offlinepatsfan1430
drinken' buddie
Male

Loc: drinka'lot, Ky.
Re: Making a H2O2 bubbler (PICS) [Re: phrozendata]
    #7877105 - 01/14/08 05:15 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

This is probably a dumb question, but I'm a beginner so plz bare with me;'Is it straight distilled water in the glasses in the pics or do you add something to them to keep bacteria from forming in them, like peroxide or something'? and if you do what? and how much? and is there any risk of it hurting the cakes/casings if a little splashes out by the bubbles?

--------------------
GO PATS !!!

Offlinegaladar

Loc: in a monotub!
Re: Making a H2O2 bubbler (PICS) [Re: patsfan1430]
    #7877255 - 01/14/08 07:28 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

sorry but you just replied to a SEVEN YEAR OLD THREAD

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck