Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineGoBlue!
Tool Rules - DBK

Loc: Ann Arbor, MI
Re: Peace and Religion [Re: Zahid]
    #1202022 - 01/08/03 05:57 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

"Having faith in God - loving God, is all what this life is about."

Proving whether God even exists has never been done. So how do you know life isn't about faith in reincarnation, or faith in Santa Claus, etc... Personally, I think that enjoying life is what it is all about.

"God should be the focus of every human being, for guidance and inspiration, but unfortunately He is not."

He doesn't provide guidance to ANYONE. Guidance comes from sources such as other humans and holy books (written by humans; NOT by God).

"For religious people, religion does not even exist. I'm not sure what's 'holding you back'."

Huh?

"If religion didn't exist, the loving, Merciful, Compassionate God I just spoke of would not be there for any man or women who desires guidance."

Didn't you just say "For religious people, religion does not even exist"? So doesn't that mean he is not there for anyone??? I'm confused. In any case, you can't know if he would be there even if religion DID exist, since you can't know if God exists.

--------------------
:smile:  Just stating my thoughts, not trying to offend  :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
    #1202356 - 01/08/03 09:26 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

A truly loving God would want all His creatures to believe in Him, because God is a treasure my friend; having faith in God - loving God, is all what this life is about. God should be the focus of every human being, for guidance and inspiration, but unfortunately He is not. If religion didn't exist, the loving, Merciful, Compassionate God I just spoke of would not be there for any man or women who desires guidance. For religious people, religion does not even exist. I'm not sure what's 'holding you back'.

If this is your concept of God then so be it. But He is bigger than any one view can accomodate. If all who turned their eyes to God saw the same thing, it would be a sign to me that it isn't God that we're seeing at all...

OfflineZahid
Stranger
Re: Peace and Religion [Re: GoBlue!]
    #1203956 - 01/09/03 10:26 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Proving whether God even exists has never been done. So how do you know life isn't about faith in reincarnation, or faith in Santa Claus, etc... Personally, I think that enjoying life is what it is all about.

Why would anyone need proof to acknowledge and love God?

He doesn't provide guidance to ANYONE. Guidance comes from sources such as other humans and holy books (written by humans; NOT by God).

Guidance is everything. A relationship with God is guidance. When a soul acknowledges God, it understands its own purpose.

Huh?

I should have elaborated. From my experiences, Christians, Muslims, Jews, etc. [in general] do no view their own faith as a religion. They view it as a reality - just as I view Islam as a reality, not a religion in the 'organized' category.

Didn't you just say "For religious people, religion does not even exist"? So doesn't that mean he is not there for anyone??? I'm confused. In any case, you can't know if he would be there even if religion DID exist, since you can't know if God exists.

God is there for those who love Him. God is Merciful and Compassionate, and would not confuse people (as you seem to percieve, if you believe in God). God is reality, whether you understand that now - or later.

--------------------

Offline3eyedgod
trippinkid

Loc: Far away and very near
    #1204033 - 01/09/03 10:55 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Why would anyone need proof to acknowledge and love God?

Ask Swami

Guidance is everything. A relationship with God is guidance. When a soul acknowledges God, it understands its own purpose.

A "soul" can know it's purpose without acknowledging your "God", or any "God" at all for that matter.

I should have elaborated. From my experiences, Christians, Muslims, Jews, etc. [in general] do no view their own faith as a religion. They view it as a reality - just as I view Islam as a reality, not a religion in the 'organized' category.

Are you trying to say Islam is not an organized religion?
HA!
Hmm....it has a clergy, a "holy" book, dogma, wide following, and churches (or mosques or whatever).

Sounds like an organized religion to me.

God is there for those who love Him. God is Merciful and Compassionate, and would not confuse people (as you seem to percieve, if you believe in God). God is reality, whether you understand that now - or later.

We can agree here that "God" is reality.

Of course that means god is also merciless and hateful, as these things exist in reality.
That says that I am "God" and you are "God"

Although somehow I suspect you wouldn't agree with that.

--------------------
Without everything wouldn't nothing be everything and without nothing wouldn't everything be nothing.I am the beginning and the end,the source and the void, the light and the darkness,i am but a small drop of the ocean yet i am an ocean unto myself

Edited by 3eyedgod (01/09/03 10:55 AM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order