Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

my lucid dreaming
    #1191873 - 01/05/03 06:38 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Acouple weeks ago, all of the sudden, not too long after I had fallen asleep, I experienced my first lucid dream (that i consciously remembered anyways). I have no idea why this just started to happen now.

It started out like a normal dream, all blurry and such, I was walking around in this rocky coastal area, the sky was dusky and brown... and suddenly I realized I was holding a knife and i raised it to eye-level and right then everything became completely real feeling. All the scenery became finely resolved, and I could feel the weight of my body moving around. I had never felt this before. It took me by complete surprise and I felt like i was falling down and had to wake myself up. A few minutes after I awoke I was hallucinating extremely. It was beautiful.

A few nights later, deep in the realm of dreams, I find myself walking along the top of a giant concrete dam at night. On one side of me is a huge drop-off, and on the other side is the dark ocean. The ocean looks menacing. I walk across the dam rather hurriedly and come to this snowy crater area, and I crouch down in the snow. The dream was gradually becoming more and more lucid, and now it was in full force. I waited for a minute and then I saw a wolf-type creature bound up onto a little snowy perch only like 6 or 7 yards from me. I remembered how shocked I had been before, and I didn't want to run away from this dream. So i stood up and faced the wolf. At that moment this shadowy darkness that seemd to originate from the wolf, began to engulf my whole field of vision and I thought it was going to swallow me. I felt a huge surge of terror, and made myself wake up immediately. It was down-right fuckin scarey. I felt totally powerless before whatever it was.

I've had two other lucid dream experiences since then, too. One was pretty mundane. My dreaming self 'awoke' on the couch that I had fallen asleep on at a friends place. I stood up and started to walk down the hallway. I remembered something I had read about trying to look at your hand in your dream and focus on it. This was really weird to me because I've NEVER had the power to consciously control my dreams like this. But there I was doing it. I raised the back of my hand out front of my face and stared at it. It was so detailed and real looking. But it happened again! I became overwhelmed and woke myself up. Maybe my brain simply doesn't have the capacity?

I just had another one today when I was taking a nap today. I was hanging out with acouple friends on a sunny day on the street by one of my old houses. I remember one of my friends acting very realisticly. I looked at my hand again, and then remembered something else I had read (from a carlos casteneda book). That after you look at your hand you should try focusing on all your surroundings. So I started looking around, and I could see every detail around me. I especially remember the young tree that stood next to me. I gripped the trunk of it, and the tree just seemed very real and there. But I could feel the dream fading away just as quickly as before....

These dreams are really interesting. they feel like places ive never been before. Anyone have some personal tips for gaining more control over them?

I feel like there is some sort of information waiting for me in the dark...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesoylent_green
The greatEnitsuj
Female

Loc: Ontario
Re: my lucid dreaming [Re: Grav]
    #1191892 - 01/05/03 06:48 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

wow...i've only had a couple short lucid dreams myself.
but i want to learn how to have them more often.

--------------------
What fun is it in Nirvana while other beings are suffering?

Anonymous

#1191960 - 01/05/03 07:23 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

That was beautifully written.

Offlinequestforall
very-stranger
Loc: Vancouver BC
Re: my lucid dreaming [Re: soylent_green]
    #1192027 - 01/05/03 07:52 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Hey. I have had lots of lucid dreams. A few hundred or so in the last 2 years. A great way to go lucid more is to check durring th day every day at least a few times if you are dreaming. I do it by checking my right hand, I particularly look at the fingers. If you are dreaming then your fingers will look really weird, you'll have maybe 6 fingers, or 4, or 7, or your have two sets on one hand, or whatever else you can think of. Pretty well all the time its different. After that just to confirm I start flying. That is something that you have to learn, but once you get a hang of it you can fly really well and even you can project Matrix style, like jumping from building to building in one step. You can learn alot about your personality from lucid dreaming. You can also learn that there is nothing in the harsh material or on the subtle material planes that can really satisfie us. The only thing that remains is to elevate our consciousness, and to controll the mind, which come hand in hand. All the best.
PS. If you run around alot while lucid dreaming, you will wake up really tierd, so try to do everything slowly. Also, you can transfer dreams like this, when you see the dream fading, you rub your hands and say, I am dreaming, over and over again, and then you will find your self in the next dream doing that, you will know what is going on. Otherwise you will forget in the next dream. It might not work right away, so persistance will help.

PEace

--------------------
Please look within. Try. Try more.

Offlinemetalchimp
bionic monkey

Loc: Cambridge, England
Re: my lucid dreaming [Re: questforall]
    #1192086 - 01/05/03 08:13 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

try holding somthing while you sleep, somthing that you would never hold while you are awake, then when you check ur hand (whilst you are asleep) if it is there you know you are dreaming

OfflineDavid_Scape
Anti Genius
Male

Loc: U.S. of muthafuckin A.
    #1192617 - 01/05/03 12:46 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

First of all, begin attempting wake.induced.lucid.dreams(wild). I have only begun to get the hang of it--having had only 3 of them myself(I have developed fears however, and this has been stagnating progress for me lately.). When you have a couple of them you will get a HUGE feel for the state of mind your in when lucid dreaming. This is important as it will become easier to calm yourself. The whole "staying in the dream" deal is as simple as being calm and focused. Dont be too self-conscious. Focus on where you are and what you are doing. Dont loose yourself too much in it either, because then you'll just go back to treating your dream as if it were real.

Do the other tricks posted here to, they do work. For some reason motion helps. Like rubbing your hands together or spinning your dream body.

"At that moment this shadowy darkness that seemd to originate from the wolf, began to engulf my whole field of vision and I thought it was going to swallow me. I felt a huge surge of terror, and made myself wake up immediately. It was down-right fuckin scarey. I felt totally powerless before whatever it was."

I think i might relate to what your writing here. If it was anything like what I experienced, it was more than your ordinary nightmare...more devestating and EXTREMELY vivid. Correct? Almost like a dream that you'd imagine would cause a night terror? eh?

LAR's LUCID DREAMING FAQ: This will explain what a WILD is and THeN SomE.

--------------------
focusing
Flow
The Enneagram

OfflineNova

Re: my lucid dreaming [Re: David_Scape]
    #1193467 - 01/05/03 05:13 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I've had a couple lucid dreams myself. I've learned to done some neat tricks also. One which was already mentioned was flying. Another thing you can do is create your own dream. I would think about somthing I really wanted and then I would end up flying really fast, almsot like teleporting, and I would be in a random scene involving what I was thinking about. Its really weird.

I've also experience this blackness. What happend to me was I was flying around and I thought hey if I can fly, I can probably go through walls also (I was in a house). So I tried to fly through a wall and I got caught in the wall. It was all black and the wost part was I couldn't move, it was almost like I was falling. This creeped me out and I woke up. Lucid dreams are very interesting to me. They made me realize how powerfull out minds really are and how easily you can imagine a different reality. Anyone whos had one know how real they are, even though they kinda have that cloudy dream type feel to em.

Offlinecxz
enthusiast
    #1193561 - 01/05/03 05:36 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Lucid dreams are so much fun, I love to fly, climb, and just look around. The few times I became lucid they were short lasting. I can never seem to hang on for to long. Going to try few things you guys mentioned.

As anyone here tried smoking wild dagga? Lately I have been smoking weed so I dont dream much at all(or I dont remember them), but if I smoke some dagga during the day I have maybe 4+ crazy dreams at night. One night my friend loaded maybe 10+ bong loads of dagga for himself and the next day he was talking about all the colorful and intense dreams he had the night before.

Edited by cxz (01/05/03 05:47 PM)

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Re: my lucid dreaming [Re: cxz]
    #1193999 - 01/05/03 07:49 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Whats wild dagga? I hear Salvia induces lucid dreams...

Thank you Mushrooms, i just typed it non-stop, it was very easy to recall in detail.

Thanks for the input guys. I'm gonna try some of those next time. I would like to be able to walk around an entire house or something and look at everything. I would also LOVE to somehow be able to play guitar or conjure up melodies in my head whle im dreaming, and then be able to remember & play them when I awake. That would be the shit.

My hand looked very normal to me... except it may have been faintly pulsating like a mild hallucination type deal.

I imagine leaving music playing while you sleep must have some role in this... Hearing certain songs have transported me to very strange dream settings before.

Usually I wake up like a couple minutes after I realize how lucid the dream is. It is just too overwhelming I guess. I am gonna try some excercises to calm down next time.

Offlinequemo
dontknowitall

Loc: worldcitizen
    #1194252 - 01/05/03 10:56 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

acouple of months ago i had my first (well second actually) real lucid dream, and it was beautiful. I remember clearly just getting grip of objects in my surroundings and be totally amazed by the 'real' feeling of it all, not talking about the magnificence of all detail around me....however i didn't manage to control this, and the more time passed it seemed to fall more and more apart and morph quicker and quicker. The funny part was that i was realising all this, and the lucid dream coming to an end i was thinking : Fuck, think of what you want to do and DO IT NOW, because there's no time. So, of course,  i thought up of the most beautiful highschool sweatheart i remember, saw that her face was slightly altered but agreed with the end-result. I ran as hard as i could with her hand in mine to the next room (there were ppl in the room i was, somehow that mattered to me), realising i had only seconds to spare, tore off her pants and gave her an ultra-fast oral treat if my life were depending on it. Mere seconds later as i predicted, her whole body disintegraded, and i decided (i found it weird that i was able to do that in such conscieus matter) to wake up.........I woke up and laughed my ass off for my typical, truly typical, decision in what to do with your last moments of lucid dreaming..... :grin: 

Offlinecxz
enthusiast
    #1195210 - 01/06/03 02:19 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Its a flower you can smoke. When mixed with weed it gets me motivated and it keeps my head clear, not like weed which makes your mind a little slow and confused.
Heres a link to erowid http://www.erowid.org/plants/leonotis_leonurus/leonotis_leonurus.shtml

Salvia is good to. Sometimes I smoke some right before I go to bed or take a nap. After taking a hit or two I usually lie down on my back, breath slowly, and I am asleep in less then 5 minutes.

Edited by cxz (01/06/03 02:33 PM)

OfflineRemy
Bitches Brew
 User Gallery

Loc: Atlanta, GA
    #1195399 - 01/06/03 03:34 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

One of the best ways of testing if you are dreaming, is through either checking the time constantly, or testing light switches. Reflections usually don't work right in lucid dreams either. Looking around, spinning, or taking off when you start to wake can prolong the dream. If after awhile, flying doesn't seem as exciting, try finding some water, and walking on it, or gliding across it. I hope one day to find a surfboard in the lucid world (It may very well be another world a.k.a Wonderland).

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
    #1195448 - 01/06/03 03:54 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

"At that moment this shadowy darkness that seemd to originate from the wolf, began to engulf my whole field of vision and I thought it was going to swallow me. I felt a huge surge of terror, and made myself wake up immediately. It was down-right fuckin scarey. I felt totally powerless before whatever it was."

Your shadow perhaps?

I haven't had any lucid dreams for months, but maybe three dreams I had that were lucid dreams were the coolest dreams, imo.

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Re: my lucid dreaming [Re: Murex]
    #1198010 - 01/07/03 12:40 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I haven't had another one yet...

Do you guys have any good tips for what to do during the day or before you go to bed to help induce lucidity? (without smoking anything cuz i dont have the resources right now)

Invisiblephreakyzen
My God is anAwesome God

Loc: Under the sea
    #1200168 - 01/08/03 08:12 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Here are a couple good ways to induce lucid dreaming but they do not last so long if you forget to stop the cycle before you really wake.

First try sleeping while holding a spoon on the edge of a glass. Every time you drift off it will fall and wake you up with the clanging sound. Do this as many times as you can and you will have very lucid dreams.

Second on a day you can sleep in set your alarm clock and hit the snooze button over and over again (10-15 times).

A book I read called Lucid Dreaming says to keep a dream journal. By simply acknowledging your dreams every night you will start to be more and more in control of your dreams and they will become more vivid.

I once had this lucid dream where I kept waking up. I would be in my bed just waking up and it would seem extremely real. I would smell bacon cooking or other things that told me this was real. Then I would all at once realize that it is in fact dream and I would wake up again to the same thing. This looped about 10 times and started to become quite surreal till I finally woke up for real......I think. :laugh: 

Offlinetrippinlizard
gridwalker

Loc: in the shade of the mushr...
    #1200296 - 01/08/03 09:09 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

ever since before i can rember, i've had very intense dreams. when i was little more than a toddler, my parents have told me, i used to have premonitions and telepathy in my dreams. i don't have that anymore, (i hardly ever sleep now) but when i do sleep, i always dream. they're _really_ intense, i have all my senses and everthing is extremely trippy. it is exactly like real life, only weirder. about once a month i get a special gift: a lucid dream, usually they happen when i have something in my hand (in the dream), i used to involantarily wake up, but if you look back at your hands (cc) when the lucidity or dream starts to fade out, it all comes back. it's a matter of focus. i love to dream. :grin:

peace out

--------------------
fine. do what you want, but i'm drinking the water.

OfflineJason D Stoner
bum
Loc: SoCal
Re: my lucid dreaming [Re: trippinlizard]
    #1202154 - 01/08/03 07:21 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

When I was a kid I used to have lots of lucid dreams.
The thing I remember most was flying, except it was more like floating and me trying to flap my arms kind of like i was swimming. 
  As I got older I remember having realalistic dreams except I would have the ability to do "crouching tiger hidden dragon" manuvuers in the air if i was in danger... I miss those dreams :smile:

Edited by Jason D Stoner (01/08/03 07:22 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds